I recently had the opportunity to host a fun MegaBloks Thomas & Friends party. Talk about having a 4-year old in seventh heaven. Not only does Little Dude love Thomas, but he was a little jealous of the Lego’s Princess Nagger has been getting lately, all of which are not really appropriate for his age (and since he tends to scatter pieces of things all over, not appropriate for my poor feet).
MegaBloks are a whole other ball game however, since they are appropriate for his age, and with the theme being Thomas? I scored major points with the Little Dude.
The party kit came in the mail, and you should have heard the excited shrieks (from both kids, too):
The host gift:
The party guest gifts:
And a Thomas episode to watch:
Since Little Dude is new to our home, we haven’t had a chance to incorporate very many kids his age, so we decided to include Princess Nagger and her friends to make it a truly boisterous party. Even the 8 and 9 year olds had a great time, and were so nice helping the younger ones put their sets together and play.
They all had an awesome time playing with the Thomas and Diesel sets, and thoroughly enjoyed the Thomas episode while eating snacks. I had fun with the other Mommies too, with a mini wine-tasting party while the kids ran around like crazy people. Everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly – both mom and kids alike.
MegaBloks are the perfect toy for a child of any age, and Little Dude was happy he had some of his very own to play with (now to get him not to leave them laying around, because they hurt just as much on bare feet). The bright colors are great for smaller children and building with these blocks enhances creativity.
It’s so cool they have so many variations and themes to choose from – you can find a nice set whether you have a boy or a girl. Just ask Princess Nagger and her friends – they had just as much fun playing with the MegaBloks as the boys did.
How would you like to win a couple of MegaBloks sets for a lucky kid in your life? I had one of each of the Thomas and Diesel sets left, so I”m offering them to one lucky Stacy Uncorked Reader. You’re Welcome.
One lucky Stacy Uncorked Reader will win one of each of these:
(must be completed before any extra entries are valid) Leave a comment telling me what’s your child’s favorite toy – or yours as a child.
Extra entry options: (these are optional – increase your chance to win!)
- Follow me on Google+ – 1 entry
- Subscribe by email (must activate) or add to your Google Reader – 2 entries – leave 2 comments
- Become my facebook friend – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow my Networked Blog on Facebook – 1 entry
- “Like” Stacy’s Random Thoughts (yeah, I can’t seem to change it to Stacy Uncorked) on Facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me on twitter – @RandomCoolChick and tweet the giveaway – 1 entry (may be done once daily-leave direct url to tweet)
Enter to win Thomas & Friends MegaBloks Sets at Stacy Uncorked #giveaway @RandomCoolChick http://stacysrandomthoughts.com/?p=15199
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Add my button to your blog – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
- Follow me in Pinterest – 1 entry
- Join my Blog Frog Community – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
You have until Midnight EST on December 11, 2011 to enter. One lucky winner will be randomly selected. I will email the winner who will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or a new winner will be chosen. Open to U.S. residents. Good luck!
Note: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by MegaBloks and MomSelect, and was the provided the amazing and fun Thomas & Friends Mega Bloks sets to facilitate this party. No other compensation was received. All opinions are mine, all mine – not influenced by any outside sources. At all. See my Disclosure Policy here.