Old El Paso is a familiar brand, with fond memories of my mom showing me how to make quick and easy bean burritos with the Old El Paso refried beans. So when I was asked if I would like to try the Old El Paso Green Chiles, I didn’t hesitate with a ‘yes’ answer.
I’m not all that fond of super spicy foods, but my hubby sure is, so I knew he would certainly enjoy them. I convinced him to make his infamous chili and utilize the 4.5 oz cans of green chiles we received. The addition of the chiles put his chili over the top – in a good way.
Did you know that 61% of adults plan to watch the Big Game this weekend? If you’re planning a huge party or just looking forward to kicking back at home with your friends and family, Old El Paso Green Chiles can help you spice up the festivities!
Old El Paso Green Chiles, which come in 4.5 and 7 oz cans, are a simple way to liven up your go-to favorites. Fat-free and with only 10 calories per serving, Green Chiles are not spicy, but will add a unique flavor to your dishes that the whole crowd will love! According to the survey, Americans will be clamoring for these great game time dishes:
- Chips and dip or salsa 67%
- Wings 57%
- Nachos 33%
- Veggies and dip 29%
- Chili 24%
Perfect for your dips and salsas, as well as your nachos and chili, Old El Paso Green Chiles can help you score a mealtime touchdown with your guests this year. For more ideas, check out these quick (with a prep time of less than 30 minutes each!) and delicious recipes that incorporate Old El Paso Green Chiles and will have your fans cheering for more!
Here are some handy links for recipes you can incorporate the green chiles into:
|Seven-Layer Bean Dip
Click on the image of the can of green chiles to print a coupon to save 55-cents off on a can of green chiles today!
Here’s your chance to win a “Tackle the Taste” gift pack:
You’ll receive two free cans of Green Chiles, as well as a football-shaped ceramic serving platter, two sets of football-themed plates, cocktail napkins, and a themed table runner.
(must be completed before any extra entries are valid) Leave a comment telling me how you would use Green Chiles to spice up your favorite recipes?
If your email address is not visible in your profile, you must include it in your comments (or send it to me in an email if you don’t want to publicly display it).
Extra entry options: (these are optional – increase your chance to win!)
- Follow Me publicly on Google Friend onnect – 1 entry
- Subscribe by email (must activate) or add to your Google Reader – 1 entry
- Add me to your Technorati favorites – 1 entry (leave username)
- Become my facebook fan – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow my Networked Blog on Facebook – 1 entry
- Become a Fan of Stacy’s Random Thoughts on Facebook – 1 entry
- Follow me on twitter and tweet the giveaway – 1 entry (may be done once daily-leave direct url to tweet)
- Add my blog url to your blog roll and/or add my button to your blog – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries (leave link to blog post)
You have until 11:59pm EST on February 13, 2010 to enter. 1 lucky winner will be randomly selected. I will email the winner and post the name here. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or a new winner will be chosen. Open to US residents. Good luck!