0. Share your profile picture if you have one. OK, here you go:
I took that selfie as we were getting ready to head out to my sister-in-law’s 50th birthday celebration on December 30th. We had so much fun!
1. Who are you named after? I am named after both my parents – my mom’s name is Stacia, but she told me she was too ‘selfish’ with her name, hence making my name Stacy instead. Since I was the second born, my middle name ended up being Michael after my dad – according to my mom, he was supposed to put ‘Michel’ on the birth certificate, but accidentally added the ‘a’ in there because he was used to spelling his own name. Naturally I get a lot of things addressed to “Mr. Stacy Michael Swenson or Johnson”. All of us kids have a portion of my parents’ names in them – I wrote about that a while ago, feel free to peruse that post here.
2. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes I do – if I slow down when I write. Otherwise it’s just messy chicken scratch.
3. What is your favorite lunch meat? That’s a tough one since I don’t usually partake in lunch meat – but when I do, it’s gotta be chicken.
4. Longest relationship? Significant other-wise, the hubby and I have been together for 21 years this coming May, and we’ll be celebrating our 15th anniversary in August.
My best friend of all time and I have been besties for 28+ years.
5. Do you still have your tonsils? No, they finally got removed when I was 28 years old after suffering with tonsillitis every six months for years. They didn’t, however, take out my adenoids, so I still end up with strep throat and sinusitis at least once a year.
6. Would you bungee jump? Depends on who’s asking. I’d consider it, but it would have to be in some exotic location on an amazing vacation. Just sayin’.
7. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No – I usually slip them off since I’m generally in a hurry, but of course untie them before I put them back on again.
8. Favorite ice cream? That’s a tough one – I’m not a big ice cream eater. Anything different or unique – like the Bananas Foster one I had recently, or any that has veins of caramel running through it.
9. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their eyes and smile – or if they don’t smile, the fact that they’re not smiling. Especially since I’m always smiling – it keeps people wondering what I’m up to.
10. Football or baseball? Football all the way. Although I do love a good hockey game, too. I’m not a big baseball fan. For that matter, I’m not a big football fan, but I do watch the Seahawks and have been very disappointment in them this year.
11. What color pants are you wearing? Jeans – I used to wear yoga pants a lot when I was lounging around, but since I’ve lost a significant amount of weight over the last year, I don’t have any that fit me any longer. That’s actually a good thing!
12. Last thing you ate? Based on when I’m writing this post, it’s after dinner Sunday night – I made a delicious sirloin steak with balsamic sauce, crispy potatoes, and Brussels sprouts. I only managed to eat half my dinner, so Little Dude of course polished the rest off for me. He does have two hollow legs.
13. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Burgundy red – like wine!
14. Favorite smell? I’m with Cathy on this one – because “the best part of waking up…” is definitely fresh brewed coffee. Mmm, good!
15. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? The dentist office. I know, lucky me. I was supposed to spend more than an hour there on Monday morning for a deep clean on half my mouth, with a follow up for the other half two weeks later, with a follow up on that to repair a chipped tooth and crown a molar that has a bunch of cracks in it. What can I say? I inherited ‘soft’ teeth from my mom. I remember breaking a chunk off a tooth one Thanksgiving when I was a teen while eating a piece of pumpkin pie. Crazy! But alas, I was under the weather so I had to cancel and reschedule. Darn.
16. Hair color? Dishwater blonde – I went through a period of time where I constantly lightened it because I didn’t like the ‘dishwater’ aspect of my blonde hair, but now I embrace the darker blonde but do have highlights added every so often. I’m lucky, though – no grays yet! My parents are now in their 70’s and neither of them have gray hair, either. Good genes! I suspect I’ll follow suit with my Swedish grandparents – it’ll turn pure white eventually.
17. Eye color? Hazel. I don’t know many who have hazel eyes, but I like the uniqueness of them because depending on the lighting and what color I’m wearing, they’ll be color-shifting – green or blue or gray.
18. Favorite foods to eat? I’m a sucker for any kind of pasta dish. Or fresh seafood.
19. Scary movies or happy endings? Definitely happy endings!
20. Last movie you watched?
21. Favorite Holiday? It’s a tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
22. Beer or Wine? Wine all the way for me – I make it, so I definitely enjoy drinking it. I do have a beer once-in-a-blue-moon if I’m hanging out with beer drinking friends watching football. But my first choice is always wine.
23. Night owl or early bird? Early bird, but I tend to end up burning the candle at both ends and end up a night owl more often than not. I need to remedy that, getting 4 hours of sleep each night starts to take its toll after a while.
24. Favorite day of the week? Friday. Even though I work from home, Friday’s are still a favorite.
25. Can you crack an egg one-handed? Sure, but I’m not adept at it – I suppose if I did it more often I’d end up better at it – practice does make perfect, right?
26. Coffee or Tea? I’m a coffee drinker in the morning, but drink green tea in the afternoon.
27. Favorite go to beverage? Green tea – I really need to drink more water, though, I’m bad at getting my ‘recommended’ water intake daily. I’ll work on that.
28. Mac or PC? All PC all the time. Only because over the years I’ve amassed a large amount of PC software programs that I have installed, and they don’t play nice with a Mac. My brother switched over to a Mac a few years ago, and apparently there’s a way to run PC stuff on a Mac, so maybe the next time I need a new computer I might rethink that stance.
29. Do you prefer to read or watch TV? I used to be an avid reader – if I was scarce, you could find me holed up somewhere with book in hand. I haven’t found many quiet moments to read since the kids arrived, so now it’s sporadic – I watch more TV mostly because I have it on in the background while I’m doing other stuff.
30. Which three of your favorite bloggers you would like to know more about? (link to their about page if they have one) I welcome the chance to get to know all of my readers, so if you like this concept then please lift these questions below to create your own post and don’t forget to do a pingback to my blog so I’ll know to stop by to check it out!
100. For the original post – Copy this link
It’s your turn! Lift & create your own “Get to Know Me 2018” post and be sure to either add a back-link to my place or leave me a comment. Have a fun!
- Share your profile picture if you have one.
- Who are you named after?
- Do you like your handwriting?
- What is your favorite lunch meat?
- Longest relationship?
- Do you still have your tonsils?
- Would you bungee jump?
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
- Favorite ice cream?
- What is the first thing you notice about people?
- Football or baseball?
- What color pants are you wearing?
- Last thing you ate?
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
- Favorite smell?
- Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
- Hair color?
- Eye color?
- Favorite foods to eat?
- Scary movies or happy endings?
- Last movie you watched?
- Favorite Holiday?
- Beer or Wine?
- Night owl or early bird?
- Favorite day of the week?
- Can you crack an egg one handed?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Favorite go to beverage?
- Mac or PC?
- Do you prefer to read or watch TV?
- Which three of your favorite bloggers you would like to know more about? (link to their about page if they have one)
100. For the original post – Copy this link
That’s a wrap for this week – you know the drill, link up and join in the fun, everyone is welcome, random or not. And that means even if you don’t have a specific Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel post posted, you can still link up, I’m not picky. You don’t even have to add the badge, just link up so I can come harass you on your blog. I promise to play nice.
Link up your Random (or not) here:
Keeping the random alive (barely) – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:
And one for my non-wino friends: