The countdown to Christmas is ticking down at a fast pace – are you ready? If so, wanna come help me get ready? heh!
Tomorrow’s my birthday – the hubby ordered gifts for me for both birthday and Christmas (but not to be one of those “This is your birthday and Christmas present” kind of deals). His idea is that whatever gifts arrive before my birthday will be for my birthday, and those that arrive after my birthday will be my Christmas presents.
Quite a few packages have already arrived, most of which he’s wrapped (in Christmas wrap) for my birthday (he really hates wrapping, so that’s a major step up from his asking me what color I wanted him to paint the boxes (yes, he was seriously considering buying spray paint to paint the shipping boxes so he wouldn’t have to wrap them…heh!)
I wonder if everything he ordered will arrive early – if that’s the case, that means he should probably pick up a couple more things so I’ll have something to open on Christmas right? Right?!
I’ve been so busy this year I still haven’t decorated yet – and Mother Nature has been thwarting my plans (when I have had time) with wind and rain. Here’s hoping a dry day coincides with my schedule so I can cheer up the place soon!
Do any of you do the Christmas Elf? We have one – or two – plus the elf’s Reindeer and a different character that’s like a troll or something…I’ll have to find that one to show you maybe next week. Anyway, luckily the kids have forgotten about the Elf, so no one’s been lamenting the Elf’s absence.
This image was floating around on the interwebs – a genius idea on one of the antics for the Elf:
I’m tucking that idea away for next year’s premiere (you know, because maybe next year I’ll remember to find the elf). Of course I’ll have to pick up an Elsa doll, but she’s pretty cool so she’ll blend in with my Barbies.
Then there’s this secondary school teacher in Canada who turned himself into a real live Elf on the Shelf – every day he appears somewhere new in the school. He’s pretty creative!
Isn’t he cool? I bet my kids would love it if they had a teacher that goofy at their respective schools. You can follow Yukon Cornelius on his Instagram page.
And something just for a smile (or laugh or guffaw) two babies dressed as grannies:
It’s time once again for Leslie’s (aka Rory Bore) Tuesday Coffee Chat!
This week’s prompt or question is:
“Random Act of Kindness. We are doing them again this year! What ways do you spread Christmas cheer during the holidays?“
I love doing Random Acts of Kindness! Here are some that I do and all of us can do, too:
- If you walk by a car with an expired parking meter, put a quarter in it.
- Put your phone away.
- Offer a homeless person your leftovers bag from the restaurant.
- Each time you get a new piece of clothing, donate an old one.
- Leave a nice server the biggest tip you can afford.
- Smile at someone on the street, just because.
- Let someone into your lane. They’re probably in a rush just like you.
- Talk to the shy person who’s sitting by themselves at a party.
- Help a mother with her baby stroller.
- Let the person behind you at the supermarket checkout with one or two items go ahead of you.
- Be the person who puts a tip in the tip jar at the coffeeshop. (Fewer people tip than you’d think!)
- When you go somewhere to get or do something, ask the people around you if you can pick up anything they need.
- If you spill creamer or sugar on the counter at Starbucks, wipe it up.
- When you’re throwing something away on the street, pick up any litter around you and put that in the trash too.
- Let them have the parking space.
- Try to make sure every person in a group conversation feels included.
- Hold the elevator.
- Purchase some extra dog or cat food and drop it off at an animal shelter.
- Help someone struggling with heavy bags.
- Offer to return a shopping cart to the store for someone loading groceries in their car.
Go forth and be kind – ’tis the season after all!
That’s a wrap for this week – you know the drill, link up and join in the fun, everyone is welcome, random or not. And that means even if you don’t have a specific Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel post posted, you can still link up, I’m not picky. You don’t even have to add the badge, just link up so I can come harass you on your blog. I promise to play nice.
Link up your Random (or not) here:
Keeping the random alive (barely) – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:
And one for my non-wino friends: