Tough Kitty’s Precarious Perch (Wordless/Wordful Wednesday)

by StacyUncorked on March 18, 2014 · 17 comments

in Wordful Wednesday,Wordless Wednesday

Hey looky!  I’m actually able to gaze upon my computer screen without squinting in pain and watery eyes!  That’s a victory in and of itself – the pink eye is finally taking a hike.

So I had plans of sharing pictures of our new house in process of being set up – but for obvious reasons (pink eye, anyone?) that’s been delayed a bit, and there are still many boxes to unpack, and things to find.  But it’ll get there, and I’ll share.  But for this week, I thought I’d go with something funny.

The stairway to the second floor is in two parts – the first set of steps leads up to a landing where the stairs turn and continue to the second floor by five steps.  At the top of the landing, there’s a nice flat surface the cats like to hang out on, surveying the domain below, and keeping an eagle eye on the dogs to make sure they don’t have to interact with them.

The other day I looked up from the living room, and this is the sight I saw:

BlackspotBlackspot2Blackspot3

Blackspot was sleeping on his precarious perch, almost completely flat, with his tail hanging straight down.  When I stopped laughing at the sight, I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pics.

The flash of course caught his attention (as did my chortling and the dogs click-clacking on the floor below as I moved around trying to get a good perspective shot), so naturally he started to move and I thought he was going to bail.  Instead, this transpired (credit goes to Princess Nagger for her assistance with the thought bubbles):

Blackspot4Blackspot5Blackspot6Blackspot7Blackspot8

Luckily he’s smart enough not to come flying down from there – at least for now.  And the dogs are smart enough not to mess with him – for now.

Signature

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!

Looky! I made a button if you feel like snagging it and displaying it proudly:

Stacy

Wordless Wednesday Hop

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Danielle Royalegacy March 18, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I see the cat has chosen his favorite perch and is all settled in in your new home. We once had an outside cat when we first moved to the house we are living at. His favorite spot was under the air conditioning unit on the roof. It was amazing to see him jump up to the roof and down again.
Danielle Royalegacy would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday with Linky – Helicopter Training – March 19, 2014My Profile

2 Susanna Barbee (Zealous Mom) March 19, 2014 at 2:56 am

Hilarious! Cats do the darndest things…
Susanna Barbee (Zealous Mom) would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Trip to the Ice Cream StoreMy Profile

3 Twisted Cinderella March 19, 2014 at 4:23 am

Such cute pics! I have to admit, I giggled at the thought balloons.
Twisted Cinderella would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: St. Patrick’s Little PrinceMy Profile

4 Cathy Kennedy March 19, 2014 at 4:44 am

The dog is smart to not mess with that cougar (aka Blackspot) on top of the Rocky Mountains (referred commonly by humans as stariwell wall). Cats are really silly creatures. Great pics & captions! Have a happy, happy Wordful Wednesday! BTW, why are there to dialogue boxes beneath your WW button? I need to add your button to my WW page. Do I copy both codes? TTFN!

Come by to check out my new WP blog home, if you haven’t already! ;)

Cathy Kennedy would like you to read…By: Cathy KennedyMy Profile

5 Beth F March 19, 2014 at 5:49 am

Ha!! The cat knows who’s boss.
Beth F would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 281My Profile

6 Dominique Goh March 19, 2014 at 6:12 am

That’s a real unusual place for kitty to sit around luckily nothing happened. Happy WW
Dominique Goh would like you to read…Unusual Flowers from Garden At the BayMy Profile

7 Jan's Sushi Bar March 19, 2014 at 6:38 am

The cats are sleeping on the stair landing with their tails hanging over the side?

Yeah…you’re home.
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Adventures in Yogurt MakingMy Profile

8 Alissa Apel March 19, 2014 at 6:41 am

That’s funny! I’m glad he hasn’t decided to jump down. That would be a crazy fall. I liked your captions.
Alissa Apel would like you to read…WW: Sit/Squat {Linky}My Profile

9 Jennifer March 19, 2014 at 7:07 am

Well now we know who isn’t afraid of heights! I definitely wouldn’t be caught taking a nap on that!
Jennifer would like you to read…{Wordless Wednesday} Laundry FunMy Profile

10 Harriet March 19, 2014 at 10:20 am

It’s so good to see you back :)
I love your new home. I can’t believe how big PN has gotten.
Take care
Harriet would like you to read…Product Review:Dial Deep Cleansing Hand Soap!My Profile

11 Colette S March 19, 2014 at 10:20 am

Glad your pink eye is going…gone.

My kitties goes up there and does the same thing! Know how many times they’ve fallen asleep and fallen off??????? Freak out!

Your kitty is so cute!
Colette S would like you to read…And Just Like That – She’s Half Way To The Teen YearsMy Profile

12 Sheryl March 19, 2014 at 10:30 am

Yikes! Be careful kitty!
Sheryl would like you to read…SadnessMy Profile

13 Kyooty/Mary March 19, 2014 at 10:57 am

I wonder if he will go flying across that hall there to the other side?
Kyooty/Mary would like you to read…Happy St. Patrick’s Day!My Profile

14 libbyQ March 19, 2014 at 12:48 pm

oh yeah. cat’s rule the world~!!

:-)
libbyQ
libbyQ would like you to read…wordless in a green beautiful worldMy Profile

15 Rorybore March 19, 2014 at 1:41 pm

LOL – that’s hilarious.
I used to get such a kick every morning I would walk into the barn…and hear this meowing…but….no cat in sight. until you looked up and saw them perched on the rafters. As soon as you headed towards the cat food, they all would coming running along those thin beams and hop down to the floor. no problem. always amazed me.
Rorybore would like you to read…WW: How To Survive A Week with Your KidsMy Profile

16 XmasDolly March 19, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Too funny! Lovin’ the words with the pics! Way ta go PN! Hey Girlfriend, tried to put your button on my WW & it’s not working :( Just a square is all I get :( HELP
XmasDolly would like you to read…Toppy Toddler’s No-mess Bib Review + Giveaway 3.29My Profile

17 Felicia March 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm

First of all, I am SO sorry you have had pink eye. Do you remember me talking about our rounds with it last year? It was terrible!!!!!!!

That cat is cracking me up!
Felicia would like you to read…Friday Night Movie Nights #NetflixKids #StreamTeamMy Profile