Snaggletooth Ginger Kitty

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on June 25, 2013 · 38 comments

A few months ago on a cold, dark night, the hubby heard the plaintive cry of a kitten coming from our driveway.  We discovered a lost little kitten hiding under the hubby’s car.  As soon as I knelt down and said “Here, kitty, kitty!” he came scrambling out and let me scoop him up.

So ragged and tiny, we brought him into the Summer House and he’s become a permanent fixture, though he’s been aloof with the cuddles (he doesn’t like to be picked up and held) he sure loves attention (which he’ll meow incessantly for).

He’s been pretty much camera shy, but lately he’s been hanging out on the side section of my desk, happily receiving pets whenever I dole them out when I take a break, and I was finally able to take some pictures of the fuzzball:

Ginger2

If you look closely, you can see that the left side of his face is skewed a bit, giving him sort of a permanent scowl (and no, it’s not because Princess Nagger named him Ginger – though he also responds to Ginny-Gin, Ginseng, Gin-Gin, etc.)  Both of his upper and lower fangs (are they still called canines in a cat?) grew in almost sideways, pushing his upper and lower lip out (and giving him personality):

Ginger3Ginger4Ginger5Ginger6Ginger

I joke around that maybe we need to get him kitty braces – then joke with Princess Nagger (who, after her years of thumb-sucking will definitely need braces) that maybe the two of them can get braces at the same time.  She is not amused.  Neither, apparently, is Ginger:

Ginger7Ginger8

Don’t you think it would be fun for Princess Nagger and Ginger to get braces at the same time?

Signature

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!

For those that have problems linking up with the thumbnail linky, here’s a regular link linky for your convenience:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Looky! I made a button if you feel like snagging it and displaying it proudly:

Live and Love...Out Loud Wordless WednesdaysA Renaissance WomanSshWWButtonWordless Wednesday Hop

And the only other Wednesday Hop I know of:

JulieFBbutton2copy2_zps027fdf29

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 EdT. June 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Someday, Princess Nagger is going to write on her blog “Do you think it is time for my to check Mom into Shady Pines?”

Nah, seriously though, who puts braces on a cat!? (Other than maybe The Bloggess, of course!)

Happy WW,
EdT. would like you to read…(A)WW: The Unboxing.My Profile

2 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) June 25, 2013 at 10:00 pm

AHAHAHAHA! You are so right! Plus just wait – turn about will be fair play, and when she has a blog, she’ll be writing about all my annoying ‘mom’ antics. ;)

The Bloggess probably would put braces on a cat! I might have to see if I can fashion something just for fun – at least Ginger is a very tolerant cat (except for cuddling – he is most definitely not a cuddler). ;)
Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) would like you to read…Snaggletooth Ginger KittyMy Profile

3 Ai Sakura June 25, 2013 at 9:56 pm

aww such a cutie.. you keeping him for good?
Ai Sakura would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday {linky party}: Beautiful Blue Kobe SkiesMy Profile

4 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) June 25, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Yes, he’s now part of the family so definitely keeping him for good. ;) It’s going to be interesting moving 2 dogs and 5 cats across the country this summer! :D

5 Sheryl June 25, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I have a thumb-sucker who will probably need braces too – she is just about as excited about the idea as the cat. We may need to start a support group.
Sheryl would like you to read…In DisguiseMy Profile

6 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman June 25, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Maybe you should contact invisilign to see if they make them for cats. lol
@PamelaMKramer – A Renaissance Woman would like you to read…Daddy Daughter Dance SongsMy Profile

7 Sofia June 25, 2013 at 11:59 pm

And my husband says that ginger kitties are not cute when they are all grown up! You kitty is so darn cute!
Sofia would like you to read…WW – Learning to DiveMy Profile

8 Heather Walter June 26, 2013 at 3:08 am

What a pretty kitty. He’s lucky he found someone nice like you to take him in and give him the attention he needs :)
Heather Walter would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: St. Louis ZooMy Profile

9 Sparkle June 26, 2013 at 3:45 am

I vote NO on the braces for Ginger – that would mean a trip to the dreaded V-E-T!
Sparkle would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Outtakes From Cat World Domination DayMy Profile

10 Marko June 26, 2013 at 4:25 am

Looks like he took the photo-shooting pretty well. ;)
Marko would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Bridge to Tiber IslandMy Profile

11 Robin (Masshole Mommy) June 26, 2013 at 6:57 am

Awww, pretty kitty!
Robin (Masshole Mommy) would like you to read…Science FairMy Profile

12 Cheers June 26, 2013 at 7:10 am

:D kitty braces, that would be something…have a great Wednesday!
Cheers would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday (Insects)My Profile

13 rosemary June 26, 2013 at 7:52 am

I’m with Ginger…it’s not gonna happen! Cute Cat.
rosemary would like you to read…Screaming For Ice CreamMy Profile

14 Erika June 26, 2013 at 8:32 am

Hmmm, wonder what Ginger would think to braces?!
Erika would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 2013 #26 – Great Spotted WoodpeckerMy Profile

15 Rosey June 26, 2013 at 8:56 am

I’m thinking dentists won’t take cats. :)

What a beauty!
Rosey would like you to read…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

16 Alissa Apel June 26, 2013 at 10:13 am

I love that last photo!

It’s so he is playful. Some cats are not. Since you have kids, it’s nice to have a cat that wants to play.
Alissa Apel would like you to read…WW: Mount Rushmore {Linky}My Profile

17 Joyce June 26, 2013 at 10:58 am

He’s a pretty boy.
Joyce would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Teachers Pay TeachersMy Profile

18 Rebecca Jo June 26, 2013 at 11:28 am

I think it would be more fun to take pictures of someone trying to PUT on the braces onto Ginger :)

19 Jackie June 26, 2013 at 11:38 am

I love the last picture and the quote!!
Jackie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday – A day at Michigan’s AdventureMy Profile

20 Michele June 26, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Bitter sweet b/c we had a kitty we called snaggletooth but we recently lost him. Give your kitty hugs from me.

21 Michele June 26, 2013 at 1:12 pm

There is a vet specialty for almost everything, why not orthodontia?
Michele would like you to read…My bucket list is not loftyMy Profile

22 Cam June 26, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I think cat braces would be awesome…

Seriously, Ginger is a cutie!
Cam would like you to read…I Am…My Profile

23 orangeheromama June 26, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Awww. Love the colour of snaggletooth kitty! :)
orangeheromama would like you to read…#wordlesswednesday – kitty paw w linkyMy Profile

24 angie June 26, 2013 at 3:43 pm

SUCH pretty eyes. Who needs braces? ;)
angie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday – Pool Time {summer fun}My Profile

25 Mimi June 26, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Don’t even mention braces. My son is 8 and it is looking like he is going to need them. I was hoping he wasn’t. Did not dodge that bullet.

How sweet you gave the cat a home!
Mimi would like you to read…{kinda} Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

26 Lynn June 26, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Ginger is a cat with a lot of personality.
Lynn would like you to read…Moratock Park, Danbury, NC~Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

27 Christy Maurer June 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm

How cute! LOL I would not doubt kitty braces will be the next big thing ;)
Christy Maurer would like you to read…Whiskery WednesdayMy Profile

28 xmasdolly June 26, 2013 at 9:05 pm

hehehehehe I remembered & I got a pic hehehehehe I love cats they’re such hams… but as far as the braces thing I wanna see that cat in braces for sure & I wanna see the Princess in braces as far as that goes cuz you’re gonna have to do some really heavy bribing on that one girlfriend I’m sure… but you’ll get er’ done I’m sure. I have faith in you! :) GOOD LUCK! Remember Mama Rules!!!
xmasdolly would like you to read…(WW) Wide & Wonderful Smiles!My Profile

29 Sarah June 26, 2013 at 9:17 pm

What a handsome fellow! He’s lucky to have found you. :) Happy WW!
Sarah would like you to read…[almost] Wordless Wednesday: 13My Profile

30 natashalh June 26, 2013 at 11:05 pm

My family used to have an orange tabby kitty that started as a stray! Here name was Gingervere. I named her when I was a young kid – evidently we’re not creative when it comes to orange cats!
Your boy’s certainly not lonely and hungry any more. =)

31 Rorybore June 26, 2013 at 11:51 pm

awww…I think he’s a cutie. and what a great story of how he came to join your family. Kitty braces: HA! you must provide pics if it ever happens.
Rorybore would like you to read…WW: ZooZoo TimeMy Profile

32 Rina June 27, 2013 at 4:38 am

What a cutie kitty!! I have had a kitten just like her long back ago when I was little. Oh I miss her now :( You are so lucky. Go ahead get her braces, I used to put on lipstick and eyeshadow on my kitty’s face :P
Rina would like you to read…Take a Peek in My HandbagMy Profile

33 Charlotte June 27, 2013 at 8:24 am

He is so lovely and very lucky to have you rescue him! x
Charlotte would like you to read…Confessions Of A ShopoholicMy Profile

34 Robin from Israel June 28, 2013 at 7:48 am

He’s adorable – and with those snaggly teeth it’s probably a very good thing you took him in and he didn’t have to survive on his own.
Robin from Israel would like you to read…Supermoon – and a super-proud mamaMy Profile

35 Alexis AKA MOM June 28, 2013 at 10:27 am

Girl this cracked me up when I saw it on FB. You’re so funny sweetie!
Alexis AKA MOM would like you to read…New Do Revealed – Blonde AmbitionMy Profile

36 Single Mom in the South June 29, 2013 at 7:45 am

Orange Tabbies are absolutely my favorite kind of cat… EVER. Did you know they are usually boys while calicos are usually girls?

37 Hilary June 29, 2013 at 8:42 am

What a cutie! He reminds me of one of Lucy’s brothers….
Hilary would like you to read…A rose by any other name….My Profile

{ 1 trackback }