It seems another month has flown by, and here we are wrapping up June already. Do I have anything packed yet? Pffffft! Of course not! Good thing I work well under pressure, or I’d be a lost cause getting everything packed before our ginormous move.
The weather sure hasn’t helped much, being all humid and sticky, particularly since we don’t have central air in our house, so the thick humidity is a deterrent. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ with it.
In an effort to procrastinate one more day, let’s join Emmy’s “10 Things to Smile About”, shall we? She has this party every month on the last Tuesday of the month so we can reflect back on that month and remember what made us smile. So let’s get to it:
1. Princess Nagger’s last day of 4th grade. She’s growing too fast for my comfort level, but I do look forward to seeing her grow into a beautiful woman:
3. Getting a big pile’o’boxes to start packing actually makes me smile, especially since I got them for a great deal (moving boxes sure aren’t cheap, but Craigslist saved the day). Soon this action will be taking place:
4. The cute baby dove hanging out on our barn door, and the fact that he/she let me get extra close to get a picture absolutely made me smile:
And now she’ll have a nice keepsake to remember the first house she grew up in. I bet she’ll find or create a cool keepsake from the next house that we’ll most likely live in for much longer than 10 years.
6. Princess Nagger finding her lost shoulder dragon and wearing it to school as a mascot on Kickball Day totally made me smile:
7. Having one of our dorky cats, Link, follow me around the backyard like a puppy dog made me smile:
8. Princess Nagger deciding on a whim to make funky shoes out of cardboard and duct tape not only made me smile, but made me giggle, too:
9. Princess Nagger’s recent bath art with bath foam made me smile:
10. Getting confirmation from the school out West that Princess Nagger qualified for the Gifted Program out there, so she’ll be able to hit the ground running and continue her advanced educational mode. Not only did that make me smile, but made me jump for joy, sort of like Princess Nagger is doing here:
What made you smile in June?
That’s a wrap for this week – link up and join in the fun, everyone is welcome, random or not. Be sure to visit your fellow randomizers so they don’t feel so lonely.
My apologies to all you loyal Random Rebels that I didn’t get around to everyone last week – the week sort of took on a life of its own and I failed miserably with my commenting and replies. This morning I get to go in for an order of Pancake Boobs (I know you’re jealous, right?) so I’ll appreciate the distraction with your random posts when I return later today and I promise I’ll visit each and every one of you.
Keeping the random alive – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:
And one for my non-wino friends:
The awesome Emmy’s Mom has 10 Things to Smile About – guaranteed to make you smile:
More Tuesday hops – if you’re stopping by here from there, please do me a favor and follow via LinkyFollowers – since I was robbed of my GFC followers when the cads at Google decided to boycott non-Blogger blogs. The Tuesday hops seems to have diminished – if you have one let me know and I’ll add you here, too!