Pond Star

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on June 11, 2013 · 28 comments

Muscle-headed Link spends a majority of his time in the Summer House.  But now that spring has sprung, he likes to spend his days out by the pond, trying to catch fish or frogs.  He hasn’t caught any fish, but he has snagged a couple of frogs during his outdoor excursions.

He’s created a little pocket in the plants surrounding the pond and spends his time just basking in the sun and waiting for his chance at snagging any wildlife that might cross his path.

Ignore the excessive weeds and the new pond filter the hubby had set up but not buried as of yet (the weeds have since been removed, and the new pond filter buried and working wonderfully to make the pond crystal clear):

PondLink

If you look towards the center of the shot, you can sort of see Link laying in his protective ‘pocket’.  Here, let’s move in closer:

PondLink2PondLink3PondLink4PondLink5PondLink6PondLink7

Sometimes I think Link thinks he’s a dog – whenever either the hubby or I are working out in the backyard and Link happens to be out with us, he follows us around like a puppy, periodically meowing at us for attention.  Which he gets, of course.

Do you have any dorky pets?

Signature

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!

For those that have problems linking up with the thumbnail linky, here’s a regular link linky for your convenience:

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Looky! I made a button if you feel like snagging it and displaying it proudly:

Stacy

Live and Love...Out Loud Wordless WednesdaysA Renaissance WomanSshWWButtonWordless Wednesday Hop

And the only other Wednesday Hop I know of:

JulieFBbutton2copy2_zps027fdf29

Tags: , , , , , ,

1 becca June 11, 2013 at 9:44 pm

not only is your cat beautiful but love the captions you give him/her
becca would like you to read…Pretty JarsMy Profile

2 Lisa Newlin June 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I swear it’s like you were in his head and knew exactly what he was thinking. :-)
Lisa Newlin would like you to read…Lisa Newlin’s Secrets to a Happy MarriageMy Profile

3 Twisted Cinderella June 11, 2013 at 10:15 pm

He is so sweet. Great pics.
Twisted Cinderella would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: New AccomplishmentMy Profile

4 Danielle Royalegacy June 11, 2013 at 10:51 pm

You’re lucky you only have your cat at your pond. My mother keeps getting great blue herons to gobble up her koi and shubunkin.
Danielle Royalegacy would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday with Linky – American Kestrel – June 12, 2013My Profile

5 Mystery Case June 11, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Great photos and captions! Very funny.
Mystery Case would like you to read…Are we a throw away society?My Profile

6 Sparkle June 12, 2013 at 5:11 am

I think Link is a FIERCE jungle hunter!
Sparkle would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Pissy CatsMy Profile

7 EdT. June 12, 2013 at 6:04 am

Does an assortment of stuffed critters and a pair of Uglyworms count as “dorky pets”?

Happy WW!
EdT. would like you to read…(A)WW: “Saucy Balls”My Profile

8 Charlotte June 12, 2013 at 6:46 am

Fab! I remember once thinking that my cat was drowning when it was fishing. :o) x
Charlotte would like you to read…Fun Photo Fun – ConfettiMy Profile

9 keiths ramblings June 12, 2013 at 7:12 am

I’ve often wondered what cats were thinking! Now I know!

10 Beth F June 12, 2013 at 7:56 am

Ha!!! Love the thought bubbles.
Beth F would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 241My Profile

11 Rosey June 12, 2013 at 9:51 am

No dorky pets yet but we’re working on dad to get one. :)

I love yours, what a cutie.

12 Jan's Sushi Bar June 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

Scooter defines “dorky.”
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Creamy Strawberry Chicken SaladMy Profile

13 lisleman June 12, 2013 at 10:31 am

I like your funny post title. It had me wondering. Your cat has his own little playground.
lisleman would like you to read…father thoughtsMy Profile

14 alex June 12, 2013 at 11:01 am

we have two gerbils. I think they actually are little personifications of my children. They act exactly like them – and NOT like gerbils! it’s crazy! :)
alex would like you to read…{Wordless Wednesday} Seattle Area Child PhotographerMy Profile

15 Joyce June 12, 2013 at 11:02 am

That’s cute as long as he doesn’t decide to go for a swim.
Joyce would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Mazel Tov!My Profile

16 posh June 12, 2013 at 11:36 am

You’ve got the same annoying spiky weed that I have. They drive me nuts. Your garden still looks wonderful, as usual. I did have a kitty who loved to sit in the garden. There is now a cat sculpture there in her memory. Have a great Wednesday!
posh would like you to read…Summer Food Tips, Prevent food-borne illnesses during the summer monthsMy Profile

17 Doreen McGettigan June 12, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I recorded the new show and I’m really looking forward to watching.
Your photos and your cat are adorable.
My dogs are pretty dorky and quite annoying. I love them to pieces any way.
Happy Wednesday!
Doreen McGettigan would like you to read…Good Girl Disease, Part IMy Profile

18 Michele June 12, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Your kittah is adorable.
Michele would like you to read…My cardio workout – a pie chartMy Profile

19 Lynn June 12, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Boy he’s a good looking cat. Your garden is also very nice. Thanks for hosting this Wordless Wednesday.
Lynn would like you to read…Just Chillin’My Profile

20 Patrice June 12, 2013 at 5:07 pm

What a gorgeous cat!

21 angie June 12, 2013 at 5:18 pm

My dog is WAY too attached to me. Does that count??
angie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday – Lake ArrowheadMy Profile

22 Karren Haller June 12, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Well now, I love your cat Linky, he is great and I would love to have him share his photo on my cats page Cats Cats Cats Then join me in the WW too!!

Our cat gets out attention as well, I spend alot of time taking him outside, he has just found our tree and loves to explore!! Hope you can stop by!
Karren Haller would like you to read…Natural Spring Water in New York CityMy Profile

23 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman June 12, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I love it! We are thought bubble twins this week. :)
Love your cat.
@PamelaMKramer – A Renaissance Woman would like you to read…Best Workouts? Planned or Spontaneous You JudgeMy Profile

24 Meghan June 12, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Link is such a silly cat! :) Love the captions.
My bird Poko is a real dork too. I’m pretty sure he thinks he’s human sometimes.

25 Michele C June 12, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I love it! I am a huge cat fan to and do the same though they don’t have bubbles over their head and they sounds more like my voice when talking. lol

26 Simply Delicious June 14, 2013 at 2:38 am

Cool photos! A late visit for WW.

27 Xmasdolly June 14, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Happy Friday my friend, and have a great weekend! Where you at? Oh, bet your packin’! Well, don’t forget to take a break now & then!!!
Xmasdolly would like you to read…Riddle me this! (linky) on a Happy Flashback Friendship FridayMy Profile

28 BILL August 5, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Why go through all the trouble of setting up a pond?Cats are afraid of water.Just set up a gold fish bowl,for it to stare at.
BILL would like you to read…KNOWLEDGE FOR CHURCHMy Profile