I like to utilize my crockpot any chance I get. There’s one recipe I make that even the picky kids love, and that’s my Crockpot Italian Chicken that I serve over Fettuccine noodles (yes, I’m going to need to share that recipe soon).
I appreciate that one of my crockpots has a removable stoneware liner, but that sucker is awkward and heavy when you’re trying to wash it out in the sink after dinner. I never had enough room in my old dishwasher to put the crockpot liner in, so I didn’t make this messy dish very often because of all the extra cleanup afterwards.
When I discovered that my new dishwasher could handle not only the crockpot liner but my pasta pot and liner as well, I was in seventh heaven. Except. The dishwasher detergent didn’t quite get all the goobered on sauce clean, making me have to hand wash it after the fact. I figured it would the perfect way to put Cascade Platinum to the ultimate test:
See how much stuff is left on everything? I never would have been able to do that in my old dishwasher, since it just didn’t do its job. Ever.
And even with my new dishwasher, other dishwasher detergents were hit-and-miss, leaving me with a necessary post-wash scrubbing, because I’d have crusty stuff to wash off after the dishwasher finished doing its job. I was beyond happy with how Cascade Platinum performed:
No re-washing necessary! You’ll notice on the top rack is my pasta pot liner that has holes in it – I was wondering if Cascade Platinum would also eliminate every last little bit of residual pasta that always seems to like to stick around. It was sparkling clean, too! And of course the plates, cups and silverware were all sparkly, too – no annoying film, no residual gunk, just lots of sparkle.
Clean Plates are Important for Presentation
Now, more than ever, people eat with their eyes, and the evidence is all over sites like Facebook and Instagram. With that in mind, Top Chef judge and editor of Food+Wine magazine, Gail Simmons, has partnered with Cascade to discuss why presentation is just as important as preparation.
- From prep to plating: It’s more than just a great-tasting recipe, but also perfect presentation.Sparkling dishes, shining flat ware and spot-free glasses truly let you put your best food forward with culinary creations that pop!
- Gail recommends impressing with a Platinum Presentation: “The easiest recipes pop with unexpected, gourmet presentations. Drizzle bright sauces on sparkling white plates or layer desserts in crystal-clean glassware. Keep your presentation sparkling with Cascade Platinum, which keeps dishes perfect for anytime entertaining and impromptu guests.”
How would you like to win a $10,000 Kitchenaid Kitchen Makeover?
The Cascade #MyPlatinum Instagram Contest is a four week Instagram contest that encourages all of us food lovers to upload photos related to the weekly contest themes. Show off how sparkly Cascade makes all your pots, pans and plates!
Each week you will have a 6-day entry period where you can enter the contest with your #MyPlatinum Photo. Cascade will choose two weekly winners and one final grand prize winner after the entry period has ended. Be sure to include both the #MyPlatinum hashtag and tag @MyCascade in your entries to the contest! If you are not on Instagram yet, this is the perfect opportunity for you to sign up and get started!
Weekly Contest Themes
- Week 1: My Platinum Plate (Entry Period: 6/3-6/9): Show us your best dish styled from the sparkling plate up!
- Week 2: My Platinum Bite (Entry Period: 6/10-6/16): Show us your best bite and most creative use of sparkling silverware!
- Week 3: My Platinum Clink (Entry: 6/17-6/23): Show us how you serve up creative concoctions in sparkling glasses. Cheers!
- Week 4: My Platinum Table (Entry Period: 6/24-6/30): Show us your sparkling tablescape for your most special celebrations!
- Grand Prize Winner (Entry: 6/3-6/30)
What are you waiting for? Go Instagram some of your favorite foods on your sparkling clean dishes and maybe you can win!
Note: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cascade. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating. As usual, all opinions are my own and not influenced by outside sources. See my disclosure policy here.