Today feels like Monday since both Princess Nagger and the hubby were off yesterday. Of course every day this week is going to be a little off-kilter since the hubby took a vacation week this week to work on the house and yard so we’ll be one step closer to our move this summer. While he will probably get a lot done, having Mr. Interruptus hovering about will hinder me from getting a lot done. Just sayin’.
I really need to pick up the pace and start getting everything purged and packed, though – the next two months are going to fly by way too fast. I’ll keep you posted on the progress. I might have to take a hiatus to immerse myself in mega piles’o’stuff that tend to be borderline hoarder-ish. Ahem. But I’ll definitely let you know if that needs to happen.
In an effort to procrastinate one more day, let’s join Emmy’s “10 Things to Smile About”, shall we? She has this party every month on the last Tuesday of the month so we can reflect back on that month and remember what made us smile. So let’s get to it, shall we?
1. Getting to capture the baby birds in a nest out in our Back 40 definitely made me smile:
One week later:
They’ve since flown the nest, so I’m glad I had a chance to snap pictures of them before it was too late.
2. Getting to finally see Princess Nagger’s drawing that she won an award for at the annual art show hanging in the hallway of her school in a display case definitely made me smile:
She finally was able to bring it home last week – I need to scan it and then get it framed. I am happy to report that she still expresses rabid interest in art and drawing – here’s hoping the passion never fades.
3. This dorky cat of Princess Nagger always makes me smile:
4. Winning a medal for the third year in a row in the International Winemaker’s Competition definitely made me smile:
What you’re looking at is a sea of wine that was entered in the competition – tasting all the entries would be one heck of a fun job!
5. Finding out that Saturday happened to be National Wine Day made me smile:
6. Finding the new Bacon Hot Dogs on sale made me smile, because it made Princess Nagger deliriously happy:
7. Powering through the complicated process of registering the kids for school in another state definitely made me smile. Plus their new school looks pretty cool:
Everyone I’ve talked to in the school district has been extra kind and very nice, and I’m happy that Princess Nagger isn’t as bummed about moving away from her friends as I thought she’d be. Her response? “There’s always Skype!” I love that kid.
8. The prospect of the move itself and being able to see this sight any day of the week makes me smile:
Well, OK – maybe not any day of the week, since it won’t always be sunny – you know how Washington State can be. But I’ve sure missed always seeing the mountains in the horizon, especially Mt. Rainier. I’m looking forward to getting to gaze off in the distance and be in awe again.
9. While I’ve loved our house since we bought it 10 years ago this summer, I’m looking forward to our new adventure. At least I’ll always have pictures to gaze upon fondly and remember our very first house:
10. Getting to hang out with this motley crew a lot after we move definitely makes me smile:
Pictured in the center are my parents, who are flanked by my nieces (my brother’s twins who are only a year older than Princess Nagger) with my favorite brother in front with Little Dude and my favorite sis-in-law behind Princess Nagger (the hubby is peeking from behind my mom). Being 3000 miles away from them for 13 years has been way too long. Can’t wait to get back and party like a rock star with them again.
What made you smile in May?
That’s a wrap for this week – link up and join in the fun, everyone is welcome, random or not. Be sure to visit your fellow randomizers so they don’t feel so lonely.
Keeping the random alive – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:
And one for my non-wino friends:
The awesome Emmy’s Mom has 10 Things to Smile About – guaranteed to make you smile:
More Tuesday hops – if you’re stopping by here from there, please do me a favor and follow via LinkyFollowers – since I was robbed of my GFC followers when the cads at Goggle decided to boycott non-Blogger blogs. The Tuesday hops seems to have diminished – if you have one let me know and I’ll add you here, too!