The Frog Princess Part 2

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on May 7, 2013 · 63 comments

Back in September 2011 I posted about how Princess Nagger likes to stalk the pond and capture goldfish for observation, and when we ended up with some resident frogs, she tried (unsuccessfully) to do same with them:

FrogPrincess5FrogPrincess8

Fast-forward a year-and-a-half later, and she’s still fascinated with watching the frogs and goldfish at the pond (and so far hasn’t shown any interest in catching the frogs, thank goodness):

PNFace6PNFace8PNFace3PNFace5

The smile was brought on by this little fellow (and his 3 brothers and sisters, not pictured):

Frog

We better make sure our next house has a pond for her critter watching, right?

Signature

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!

For those that have problems linking up with the thumbnail linky, here’s a regular link linky for your convenience:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Live and Love...Out Loud Wordless WednesdaysA Renaissance WomanSshWWButton

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 Danielle Royalegacy May 8, 2013 at 1:03 am

One thing that I thought I would never see in this desert I live in is bullfrogs. I don’t have any around our house, but I know people who do have the noisy fellows.
Danielle Royalegacy would like you to read…Giveaway: Infusium 23 Moisture Replenishing Collection and Sure Antipersprirant Deodorant – ends 5/29 USMy Profile

2 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:51 am

Bullfrogs really are noisy creatures, aren’t they Danielle? When it gets dark, we hear them ‘barking’ from the pond – it’s kinda funny sounding. ;)
Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) would like you to read…The Frog Princess Part 2My Profile

3 Terra Heck May 8, 2013 at 1:28 am

That’s fascinating. I think it’d be cool to have a pond by your house to watch all the critters.
Terra Heck would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday – State BoundMy Profile

4 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:50 am

It is cool to have a pond to watch the critters – one of the reasons why I mentioned to the hubby our next house needs a pond, or if it doesn’t have one we’ll have to put one in. ;)

5 Charice Jans May 8, 2013 at 2:46 am

When I was a kid, we use to catch frogs at our backyard especially on rainy seasons. I can tell it is hard to chase them around because they are slippery and they always jump all of a sudden. We learned how to catch them using some improvised bait.
Charice Jans would like you to read…Doctor’s license suspended for practicing under the influenceMy Profile

6 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:49 am

Oh that’s funny, Charice! Especially how you guys got creative on catching the little slippery things. ;)

7 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman May 8, 2013 at 4:42 am

She’s pretty fabulous isn’t she? She has to have whatever she needs at your next house. There is a lot of exploring to do mom. I’ll bet she is making you something super fabulous for Mother’s Day. I can’t wait to see it. :)
@PamelaMKramer – A Renaissance Woman would like you to read…The Houston Kids Triathlon 2013My Profile

8 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:47 am

She is pretty fabulous! :) I think she’ll be very happy at all the potential exploration she’ll get to do after we move – plus there will be tons of perfect climbing trees, too. ;) I’m looking forward to seeing what she makes me for Mother’s Day, too – if she remembers. She seemed a little disconcerted that Mother’s Day is this Sunday. ;)

9 Robin (Masshole Mommy) May 8, 2013 at 6:19 am

My kids like touching yucky things with their bare hands, too. Ick.
Robin (Masshole Mommy) would like you to read…Our Day at Disneyland – Part 1My Profile

10 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:46 am

What is it about kids being fearless to touch yucky things with their bare hands?? :)

11 EdT. May 8, 2013 at 6:23 am

Are you sure she wasn’t a cat in a previous life? It would explain a lot… :-)

Happy WW! (And definitely, a pond needs to be on your “must have” list for the new place.)
EdT. would like you to read…(A)WW: Cinco de Mayo with a LensbabyMy Profile

12 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:45 am

AHAHAHAHA! She’ll be very happy you think that, EdT! She likes to act like a cat, so having been a cat in a previous life would definitely explain a lot. ;) I told the hubby if our next house doesn’t have a pond, we’ll have to put one in…he’s on board with that idea! :)

13 Run DMT May 8, 2013 at 6:27 am

I’m sure wherever you land your feet next will have some amazing adventures with new critters and lakes or shores to explore. Great photos!
Run DMT would like you to read…Thankful for the Kindness of StrangersMy Profile

14 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:44 am

Absolutely, Denise! I’ve been painting the picture of what amazing adventures PN will have after we move – she’s finally gotten excited about the whole moving thing. :) Plus she’s looking forward to getting to hang with her cousins who are only a year older than her – they participate in tons of adventures, so that helps too. ;)

15 Charlotte May 8, 2013 at 6:30 am

Pond dipping is so much fun! x x
Charlotte would like you to read…Fun Photo Fun – PotatoesMy Profile

16 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:43 am

LOL! You got that right, Charlotte! :)

17 Beth F May 8, 2013 at 6:30 am

Critter watching is important.
Beth F would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 236My Profile

18 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:42 am

Critter watching is absolutely important! :)

19 Sheryl May 8, 2013 at 7:06 am

So sweet! Nature has a magical effect on kids. I love how fascinated they are with even the simplest things.
Sheryl would like you to read…Be Careful Out ThereMy Profile

20 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:40 am

Nature really does have a magical effect on kids – we should follow their example! :)

21 Laurie from Pride in Photos May 8, 2013 at 8:17 am

I am with your daughter Ponds are so captivating…I could sit for hours and take it all in.
Laurie would like you to read…Chihuly Garden and Glass…Seattle Part 2My Profile

22 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:38 am

They sure are captivating and mesmerizing, aren’t they Laurie? Like you, I could sit for hours and take it all in. :)

23 Mary/kyooty May 8, 2013 at 8:35 am

Does LD like the critters too?
Mary/kyooty would like you to read…Tuesday strikes again, It’s not so Random nowMy Profile

24 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:37 am

He does like the critters – but not quite as much as PN since he’s more OCD about staying clean. It cracks me up how polar opposite the two of them are! :)

25 Mary/kyooty May 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Oh he needs more “mud pie” time.

26 Twisted Cinderella May 8, 2013 at 9:49 am

Happy WW! These are beautiful pictures today. I love them!

27 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:37 am

Thank you so much!! :)

28 Jan's Sushi Bar May 8, 2013 at 9:57 am

Good heavens that girl is growing up so quickly!!
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Ginger-Carrot PureeMy Profile

29 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:36 am

She sure is, isn’t she Jan? I keep blinking, and she keeps growing! And I’m still searching futilely for that ‘pause’ button… ;)

30 Cathy Kennedy May 8, 2013 at 10:16 am

As a kid, I recall how much fun it was to watch the tadpoles swim in the creek and to capture crawl dads. Of course there were tiny fish in the creek, but for the life of me I don’t remember what they were. Oh well, it was all a part of the lazy days of summer – an experience to last a life time. So shall this be the case for PN. Great WW photos. Thanks for hosting a linky party!
Cathy Kennedy would like you to read…Great pic! I love tulips:)My Profile

31 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:35 am

Definite memory-makers, eh Cathy? I love that you remember the fun from your lazy days of summer as a kid, too! :)

32 Rosey May 8, 2013 at 10:18 am

She looks right at home, happy. :)

33 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:34 am

She does look right at home, doesn’t she Rosey? :)

34 Jay May 8, 2013 at 12:09 pm

What an adorable princess… You have some great shots. Happy WW

35 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:34 am

Thank you so much, Jay! :)

36 Taylor Dean May 8, 2013 at 12:18 pm

What a fun adventure–stalking frogs and goldfish in the wild! Love how children are so fascinated with the simple things of life we adults tend to forget about. Really adorable pictures!
Taylor Dean would like you to read…WORDLESS WEDNESDAYMy Profile

37 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:34 am

Thank you so much, Taylor! We adults do tend to forget to enjoy the simple things of life, don’t we? Nice to be able to rediscover that through the eyes of our children! ;)

38 Jessica May 8, 2013 at 12:23 pm

That looks like all sorts of fun! I hope she finds something just as interesting when you move =) I was never really into catching things like that when I was little, I thought it was pretty gross.

39 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:33 am

I suspect she’ll find something just as interesting when we move since there are tons more areas to explore even at my parents’ house. ;) Even though I was a tomboy growing up, I was never really into catching things like that – I had to draw the line somewhere! LOL! :)

40 Karren Haller May 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for hosting, hope you can stop on by and link your blog!
Karren Haller would like you to read…Welcome To Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

41 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:22 am

Done and don, Karren! :)

42 Eli May 8, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Don’t you love when your girl is like this? I have an 8-year-old who has started a field book for observations on animals this summer, already. Love this blog, and will be putting you in my feedly!
Eli would like you to read…Hey Kids – Who Sings This?My Profile

43 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:22 am

I do love it, Eli! And how cool your 8 year old started a field book for observation on animals – I might have to suggest that to Princess Nagger! :) Thanks for the blog love – I’ve added you to my feedly, too! :D

44 ❤ Julie Maloney ❤ (Momspective) May 8, 2013 at 3:08 pm

She’s braver than my two boys are! They’d never get into that!

45 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:20 am

Oh that’s funny, Julie!! PN is definitely fearless when it comes to creepy crawly creatures – to a degree. Luckily some critters are too creepy even for her. ;)

46 XmasDolly May 8, 2013 at 3:19 pm

your program hates me! This time it said Missing op. so no pic! :( Lovin’ the pics – thanks for sharing. I have a granddaughter like her, but she is mesmerized by turtles. hehehehe Girls!!! lol Only prob I was the same way when I was little. Were you like your lil’ girl when you were little?
XmasDolly would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday and SpringtimeMy Profile

47 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:15 am

The hate has been dissipated! LOL! Turtles are cool! If we had any around here PN would probably be mesmerized by them, too. ;) I was totally a tomboy growing up – PN is definitely my Mini Me! :)

48 Deborah / Mom2Michael May 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Yay for wildlife in your own backyard!
Deborah / Mom2Michael would like you to read…Mother’s Day from Mom’s PerspectiveMy Profile

49 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:13 am

It is the best, isn’t it? :)

50 Xmasdolly May 8, 2013 at 4:18 pm

OMG As simple as that! Way ta go Girlfriend! You’re just a real computer Wiz aren’t you!!!! TANKS!

51 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:12 am

HA! You know I’ve got your back! ;)

52 Barbara May 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm

What a stunning child…and that smile! Isn’t it great the she loves nature and all the creatures that inhabit it. I, myself never got in touch with dirt, and slimy creatures. I think I missed out. Thanks for sharing.
Barbara would like you to read…My Favorite Accessory, OTAZUMy Profile

53 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:12 am

Awwww! Thank you, Barbara! She’s definitely a tomboy and doesn’t mind dirt and slimy creatures – while I used to be a tomboy, I grew out of the love of dirt and slimy creatures. ;)

54 CyndyNewsome May 8, 2013 at 9:00 pm

We have been invaded by frogs around here. So much water from all of the rain has attracted them. I got hubby to remove one from my bedroom window earlier today and take him outside, and then later I saw one hopping around the living room. I am not 100% sure but I THINK one of the dogs ATE that one! =O
CyndyNewsome would like you to read…Shelbie’s ArtMy Profile

55 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:11 am

You had one on your bedroom window and hopping in the living room?? How on earth did you maintain your sanity?? :) I totally would have freaked out. :) I bet your dog did eat it – I spotted one of our dogs mackin’ out on one once…it was quite disconcerting seeing frog legs hanging out of his mouth! :)

56 Naila Moon May 8, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I love it when you show Princess N, and her adventures.
When are we going to see Little Guy too? Or is he too little yet?
~Naila Moon
Naila Moon would like you to read…Word(ish) Wednesday…May 8, 2013My Profile

57 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:08 am

Awww! Thank you, Naila! Little Dude is currently staying out of the limelight until his psycho former bio-mom stops her stalking and stealing of pics.

58 Chasing Joy May 8, 2013 at 11:07 pm

So that’s why she’s the frog princess.
Chasing Joy would like you to read…No Joy When Spa Treatments Go Wrong. Oh Pooh!!My Profile

59 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:03 am

LOL! Yep, that’s why – unless, of course, the frog is female – then maybe that’s the ‘princess’. ;)

60 Elisabeth May 9, 2013 at 9:31 am

your shots of this year look way much better, I bet you’ve got a better camera;) and I still find frogs horrible btw:)
Elisabeth would like you to read…Was soll man eigentlich zum Muttertag schenken?My Profile

61 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) May 9, 2013 at 11:02 am

Thank you, Elisabeth! Good eye – last year I was using a point-and-shoot, this year my Nikon DSLR. :) And I’m right there with you on thinking frogs are horrible. ;)

{ 2 trackbacks }