School Spring Pictures and a Visit from 2093

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on March 12, 2013 · 54 comments

Yesterday was Princess Nagger’s school spring pictures – we had picked out a new dress to do double duty for her recent play that she could wear for these pictures, too.

We were joking around about the fact that seeing the pictures of her in the dress both for her play and when she was getting ready to go to school on picture day, that if we compared them, it would be like looking at her visiting from the future – specifically 2093.

So here we go – 2013:

PNspringPictureDay

And from the year 2093:

PNGranny2

Let’s get a little closer look – 2013:

PNspringPictureDay2

And 2093:

PNGranny

She’s growing way too fast for my comfort level.  But I know she’s going to make the cutest little old lady when that time comes.

When I was taking quick pictures before heading out to wait for the bus, I asked her to ‘strike a pose’.  This was her reaction:

PNspringPictureDay3

Of course that was also accompanied by an “Oh Mama!!”

At least I know I’ll get a ‘pose’ when the official pictures come back.  Oh, and she said if anyone wants to go for a ride in her time machine, you’re welcome to do so.

Signature

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!

For those that have problems linking up with the thumbnail linky, here’s a regular link linky for your convenience:

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 xmasdolly March 12, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Well, I sure would like to know what the heck I’m doing wrong that I can never get a pic to come up. It asks me if I’m done I say yes and poof no pic. grrrrrrrrr Anyway “Oh Ma”, is probably the same answer every blog Mommy gets when we chase our kids down with the camera, but she’s is gorgeous as usual & love the dress and matching tights. I always put my girls in those to in the winter & of course Christmas day. It’s just dressy I think. Your comparison sure made me laugh!!! She’s a hoot!
xmasdolly would like you to read…Dial Coconut Water Body Wash Review & Give-Away 3 Winners 4.02My Profile

2 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 8:41 am

I forgot to tell you that sometimes the pic won’t show up until you refresh the page – I noticed that with the same sort of linky on another blog. :)

The tights definitely do add a mode of ‘dressiness’, don’t they? :)

3 Rhonda March 12, 2013 at 10:06 pm

So cute, Young, Old and Cousin It. (I hope you have seen the Adam’s family)
Rhonda would like you to read…The Luck of the Irish for Wordless Wednesday *LinkyMy Profile

4 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 8:42 am

LOL! All she’s missing is the sunglasses in that last picture, right Rhonda? ;) Thanks so much for stopping by! :)
Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) would like you to read…Daylight Saving Time, Cat-Scratch Fever, Toothpaste Shortage: RTT RebelMy Profile

5 Joyce March 12, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Love the now and later pictures. She makes an adorable old lady too.
Joyce would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: What’s Different?My Profile

6 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 8:42 am

Thank you so much, Joyce! :)

7 Aussiepomm March 12, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Does it ONLY go from this date forward and back, or does it also go back in time and back to today?? If the later – YES PLEASE!!!!! lolol

Very cute, but why didn’t the 2093 nanna also ‘strike the pose’?? lolol

Mines up as well at AussiePomm – A Photographers Kit!!!!

Have a great day!!
Aussiepomm would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday No. 75 – A Photographers Kit Bag(s)My Profile

8 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:51 am

I’ll have to check, but I’m pretty sure the time machine goes backwards, too. ;)

I’m not sure why the 2093 nanna didn’t also strike the pose – I might have to hop in the time machine and go ask her! :D

9 Sofia March 12, 2013 at 11:51 pm

So funny and so cute!! Love the gray hair! Hehe
Sofia would like you to read…Happify // Take a walk with a cameraMy Profile

10 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:52 am

Thank you so much, Sofia! :)

11 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman March 13, 2013 at 12:11 am

She is so funny! I’ll bet she keeps your family laughing.
@PamelaMKramer – A Renaissance Woman would like you to read…Spring Break for KidsMy Profile

12 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:52 am

Never a dull moment around here, that’s for sure Pamela! :)

13 Janice March 13, 2013 at 12:12 am

Love it! And that reaction…. I see it in nieces & nephews too!

14 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:53 am

I think it’s a universal kid reaction, right Janice? ;)

15 Dominique Goh March 13, 2013 at 12:19 am

SHe’s super cute.. love how the instant aging transforms her.
Dominique Goh would like you to read…Scenes from the Streets of Chinatown SingaporeMy Profile

16 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:53 am

Thank you so much, Dominique! :)

17 Mrs. Marine March 13, 2013 at 3:02 am

She is such a cutie! What play will she be in?
Love the time laps, too funny! Can I go for a ride in the time machine?

Aloha! Mrs. Marine
& the Tiny Troops

Mrs. Marine would like you to read…My New Hobby, Crochet! ~ Wordless Wednesday ~ Link-upMy Profile

18 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:54 am

Thank you, Mrs. Marine! She was Grandma in Little Red Riding Hood – her first play! She did a great job. :) Sure, you’re welcome to go for a ride in the time machine! :)

19 Mystery Case March 13, 2013 at 3:20 am

Great photos. Have a fantastic week.
Mystery Case would like you to read…Eye Spy A Wordless Wednesday!My Profile

20 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:55 am

Thank you very much, MC! You have a fantastic week too! :)

21 Erika March 13, 2013 at 4:36 am

Lovely photos – hope I’m as glamorous as her when I get to be an oldie!
Erika would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 2013 #11 – Beer Gut?My Profile

22 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 9:58 am

Thank you, Erika! I agree – I hope I’m as glamorous as her when I’m an oldie, too! :)

23 EdT. March 13, 2013 at 6:19 am

I hope I look that good at 137!

Happy WW!
EdT. would like you to read…(A)WW: EEK! Bugs!My Profile

24 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:01 am

137?! Does that mean you were born in 1956? ;)

25 Beth F March 13, 2013 at 7:04 am

Love the trip through time. She way too cute at any age.
Beth F would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 228My Profile

26 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:02 am

Awwww! Thank you so much, Beth! :)

27 Twisted Cinderella March 13, 2013 at 8:41 am

Great pics, so fun to see her older.
Twisted Cinderella would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: precious momentsMy Profile

28 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:02 am

Thank you so much, TC! ;)

29 Colleen (Souffle Bombay) March 13, 2013 at 10:00 am

You had me at 2093…hysterical!

30 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:02 am

LOL! Thank you so much, Colleen! :)

31 Cathi March 13, 2013 at 10:20 am

She’s adorable!
Cathi would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – The Oak TreeMy Profile

32 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:03 am

Thank you, Cathi! :)

33 Colette S March 13, 2013 at 10:28 am

The Princess is just too funny! I giggled.

I must say though, she’ll be an adorable old lady :)

And beautiful she is Stacy.
Colette S would like you to read…Book LoveMy Profile

34 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:04 am

Awww! Thank you, Callie! :)

35 Susi March 13, 2013 at 11:33 am

These are precious. Love the little old lady pictures… too cute. And that dress is very pretty. :)

36 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:04 am

Thank you very much, Susi! :)

37 Jessica March 13, 2013 at 11:48 am

She is so cute and funny! I love those pics. I love the face palm, too funny!

38 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:05 am

Thank you so much Jessica! The face palm cracked me up, too! ;)

39 Charlotte March 13, 2013 at 11:54 am

That made me chuckle! Love the comparison!!! x

40 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:05 am

Thank you so much, Charlotte! :)

41 Nicole March 13, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Adorable! And of course, no matter how old they get, they will still be putting their hands over their faces with the exasperated “oh mama!” at us. :)

42 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:06 am

You’re so right, Nicole – I guess that will make up for the fact that I always tell PN that she’ll always be my baby, even when she’s old and gray! :)

43 Sue March 13, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Those are cute pictures. And it always is good to get double duty out of a dress! Happy WW :)
Sue would like you to read…WW “More Birthday Pictures”My Profile

44 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:07 am

Thank you, Sue! And yes, definitely good to get double duty out of a dress! ;)

45 ❤ Julie Maloney ❤ (Momspective) March 13, 2013 at 2:26 pm

She has (and looks just like) a beautiful mother, I’m sure you’ll both make adorable little old ladies!
❤ Julie Maloney ❤ (Momspective) would like you to read…WW- InterpretationMy Profile

46 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:08 am

Awwww! Thank you, Julie! You always make my day! :D

47 angie March 13, 2013 at 4:57 pm

So fun! That is growing up a little too quick for comfort. :)
angie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday – Rest in Peace, Grandpa PoeMy Profile

48 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:09 am

LOL! Truer words were never spoken, Angie! :)

49 Kay March 13, 2013 at 7:48 pm

That’s hilarious!! I can hear her saying it!
Kay would like you to read…WW: a cup for my friendsMy Profile

50 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:09 am

LOL! Sometimes body language is deafening, right Kay? ;)

51 Rosey March 14, 2013 at 10:03 am

She now has no worries going into old age, knowing she’ll be absolutely adorable at any time in life. : )

I’ve never seen such a cute gray-haired ol’ lady.

Excellent dress, and she looks great for picture day. :)
Rosey would like you to read…Guest Bloggers?My Profile

52 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 10:10 am

Awwww! Thank you so much Rosey! :)

53 Laurie from Pride in Photos March 14, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Stacey, I had to come back here after reading your comment on my posts for Corks for Cancer. What do you mean you might have to start saving them? Your whole blog header is about the vino, I would of thought you had millions my friend!LOL!
Laurie would like you to read…Corks For Cancer…My Profile

54 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) March 14, 2013 at 4:50 pm

In Princess Naggers words, “I know, right?!” I’m a pack-rat (as some of my borderline hoarder-ish rooms will attest) but one thing I don’t keep? Used corks. But you can bet I’ll be saving them now! :D