Unique Kitty Ornament

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on January 16, 2013 · 29 comments

I was late putting the Christmas tree up, so it’s understandable I was late taking it down.  Normally I put the tree up over Thanksgiving weekend, but finally got it up sometime around the second week of December.  The take down weekend usually occurs the first Saturday after New Year, but time got away from me – again – and I finally took it down Monday night.

At least I had taken the ornaments off of it over the weekend, but kept forgetting to get the box out of the shed during daylight hours – when it’s dark, it’s not a wise idea to walk from the house to the shed because there’s always a possibility of stepping in doggy land mines.  Not to mention there’s no light in the shed, and looking for the box blindly in the dark isn’t a wise idea either.  So the tree sat naked waiting patiently.  Until I noticed an unusual ornament stuck in the tree:

Can’t see it clearly?  Here, maybe this will help:

Still not quite clear on what you’re seeing?  This will definitely help:

Bet you see it now, don’t you?  Blackspot decided the naked Christmas tree was the perfect place to practice some Warrior Cat climbing (according to Princess Nagger) attacking random branches:

And just hanging around:

Needless to say, I safely extracted the kitty and disassembled the tree which is now waiting safely in its box for a trip back out to the shed.  It was quite ironic that Blackspot turned my fake tree into a living one for a day.

If you celebrate Christmas, when did you take your tree down?

SignatureChristmas

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Joining in on Wandering Wednesday:

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 Charlotte January 16, 2013 at 3:19 am

He looks like he’s having lots of fun! ;0) x

2 Sparkle January 16, 2013 at 3:48 am

I just want to say: Best.Cat.Tree.Ever!
Sparkle would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Quiet TimeMy Profile

3 Erika January 16, 2013 at 3:51 am

LOL! That’s one adventurous kitty!
Erika would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 2013 #3My Profile

4 EdT. January 16, 2013 at 7:39 am

Ours is still up. No kitty ornaments, though.

Happy WW!
EdT. would like you to read…(A)WW: Marathon WeekendMy Profile

5 Smellyann January 16, 2013 at 8:19 am

Our cats do the same thing, esp. the fattest one! LOL… we never did get our tree up this year, though. We suck.
Smellyann would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – SistersMy Profile

6 Run DMT January 16, 2013 at 8:52 am

LOL That is funny! So, after you took a thousand photos of your cat in the tree, did you squirt with a spray bottle to get him out of the tree? ;-) Naughty kitty!

Our tree is still up, sad to admit. We’ve so busy and not had a moment to take it down. Is there a tree-taking down service I can hire? You know like the service you can hire to hang your lights?
Run DMT would like you to read…Disney Marathon 2013 {Recap}My Profile

7 Laurie January 16, 2013 at 9:33 am

Aaaahh….you took down his toy…he was adorable in the tree☺
Laurie

8 Noelle ( January 16, 2013 at 9:51 am

That is simply hilarious!

9 VandyJ January 16, 2013 at 10:13 am

Pay no attention to the kitty in the tree. Most definitely!
VandyJ would like you to read…Wednesday Recipes?My Profile

10 Michele January 16, 2013 at 10:46 am

Mine came down the weekend after Christmas. It was a real tree. Making keeping it up longer a fire hazard.
Michele would like you to read…FascinatorsMy Profile

11 Rosey January 16, 2013 at 11:13 am

LOL, home sweet home. :)
Rosey would like you to read…Snap Judgments?My Profile

12 Nancy January 16, 2013 at 11:35 am

Tree? I was supposed to put up a tree?
Nancy would like you to read…A Rural Journal: {Wordless Wednesday}My Profile

13 Sherry Aikens ( January 16, 2013 at 11:48 am

Such a cute post. I am glad you were able to get it on film
Sherry Aikens ( would like you to read…I Need a little Sunshine #WordlessWednesdayMy Profile

14 Roslyn January 16, 2013 at 11:58 am

OMG I am so glad I checked your link, this is hysterical!
Roslyn would like you to read…"Easy Street" Quilt, Almost There……….My Profile

15 angie January 16, 2013 at 12:16 pm

That is hysterical. It doesn’t seem the least bit comfortable. :)
angie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday-Garrett Turns 9!My Profile

16 Julie January 16, 2013 at 12:53 pm

So glad my cat didn’t do that this year!

17 Beth F January 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I love your commentary. Our cats used to love the tree.
Beth F would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 220My Profile

18 becca January 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm

hehe my cat is the same spent all of Christmas in the tree
becca would like you to read…Weighing In WK#7My Profile

19 valmg January 16, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Now that’s funny! We’ve had cats get in the tree for a short while, but never stay there.
valmg would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – More Alike Than Different – FibbingMy Profile

20 Create With Joy January 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm

What a great catch! I have often wondered how my boys would react to a Christmas tree. I suspect they would try to do the same thing yours did – but they are both so heavy, it would not be long before they toppled the tree!

Be sure to share your precious photos with us at WW at

Create With Joy

Have a fabulous week & I’ll see you at Friendship Friday! :-)
Create With Joy would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – The BoxerMy Profile

21 Terra Heck January 16, 2013 at 3:40 pm

That’s hilarious! I’ve seen cats go in some strange places but can’t say I’ve heard of one hanging out in a Christmas tree.

22 JamericanSpice / Colette S January 16, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Haha so those kitty in the tree photos are really real! Haha. I love it! Glad it didn’t topple though!

My tree is still up.

Waiting on dh to come home and open his presents and then I’ll take it down :) It’s only his presents under there.

He left before Christmas.
JamericanSpice / Colette S would like you to read…Burnt – Invisible Alert – 4MsMy Profile

23 Jiza Zito ( January 16, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Hahaha, oh that’s fantastic! Must be nice to a kitty and get to sleep almost anywhere. LOL!
Jiza Zito ( would like you to read…Unconventional Self-PortraitMy Profile

24 Cathy from Lay Off The Books January 16, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Such a mischievous cat! Looks like he had fun though.

I didn’t get around to putting a tree up this year, wasn’t at my place for Christmas this year, but I did get a wreath made out of real evergreen boughs. Smells great! It’s still up. I’ll get around to it eventually :)
Cathy from Lay Off The Books would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday #2My Profile

25 Alesha January 16, 2013 at 9:15 pm

LOL! Good hiding spot, for sure!
We took ours down the week after Christmas, but it was a real tree and very very dry. I would have loved to leave it up another week or 2, but the lack of fire danger won out. :)
Alesha would like you to read…Going Back To College- Ivy Bridge College $1000 Tuition #GiveawayMy Profile

26 Brandie January 16, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I took our tree down on the 3rd or 4th. Luckily no cats hiding in my tree since I’m allergic!! LOL
Brandie would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday…..Clowning AroundMy Profile

27 snosler January 17, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I can’t believe you got those photos – too funny! We took out tree down at 9am on the 26th :) BTW, been cleaning up my “subscriptions” and came by to see if you were still up and running – glad you are!! :) Happy New Year!

28 Jennifer January 17, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Blackspot’s literally a tree hugger! LOL! So cute!
Jennifer would like you to read…Can We Have Gelato, Mommy? – WWMy Profile

29 Laura January 19, 2013 at 7:47 pm

The cat in the tree really made me laugh!

Laura x