Paper or Electronic?

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on January 11, 2013 · 17 comments

in Aloha Friday,Friday Follow,Friday Hops

The schedule of our lives is shaped by the movements of the earth, moon, and sun.  In ancient Rome, a priest observed the sky and announced a new moon cycle to the king. For centuries afterward, Romans referred to the first day of each new month as Kalends (from their word calare, which means “to proclaim”).  The word calendar derived from this custom.

Here we are, eleven days into the New Year, and I completely forgot to buy 2013 calendars to replace the 2012 ones I have hanging in strategic locations.  Sure, I utilize my OUtlook calendar on my laptop, but I’m not sitting in front of my laptop all day every day (in spite of what the hubby thinks).  I could utilize a calendar app on my phone, but there again I don’t carry my phone with me all day every day.

My sister sent us her annual photo calendar she does every year, but wherever she had it done forgot to add a hole to make it hang-able – and Princess Nagger seems to have misplaced my hole punch.  I know, right?

I usually get at least one deer calendar (since I collect deer) to hang on the side of a cupboard in the kitchen, then Princess Nagger gets her own calendar that’s hung low on a different wall in the kitchen for her to make her own notations on, and I have a third calendar hanging on the basement door since it’s in a high traffic area (and near where Princess Nagger hangs her school backpack so I make school notations on that one for easy viewing).

The hubby – who is afraid of horses – faced his fears and bought Princess Nagger a horse calendar that I keep forgetting to hang up – so if you couple that with the one my sister sent (that I’ll end up hammering a nail through to punch a hole for hanging) I’m two for three on my calendar quest.  Now to make myself a note to pick up that third vital deer calendar and 2013 will be set for scheduling genius.

Which brings me to this weeks question(s):

Do you use a paper calendar or electronic calendar (like on your phone or computer) – or all methods like I do?

Have a great weekend!

Kailani’s had her plate full and hasn’t had the linky up the last couple of months for Aloha Friday, so I’m bringing back the Friday Free For All I used to have available for you – link up if you’re participating in Aloha Friday or just link up so I can easily come pay you a visit:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Happy Aloha Friday!

From Kailani at An Island Life:
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So on Fridays let’s take it easy on posting, too. Ask a simple question…nothing that requires a lengthy response. It’s a great way to make new blogging friends!

More Friday Follow Fun:

Feed Me FridayfriendandfollowChubby Cheeks ThinksLet Them Eat CakeBericeBabybloghopbuttonAloha Friday Blog Hop

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Tracyann0312 January 11, 2013 at 1:36 am

I think I still prefer to use paper than electronic. Because paper can be stored in a years maybe a decade but unlike electronics that once the storage is full, you cannot store it back.
Tracyann0312 would like you to read…global knifeMy Profile

2 Create With Joy January 11, 2013 at 5:22 am

I live in a house divided.
I have tried electronic but I am the Paper Princess.
I live with the King of all things Tech.
It’s like Jack Sprat and his dear, dear wife…

Happy Friendship Friday to you Stacy (stop on by!)

Create With Joy
Create With Joy would like you to read…Friendship Friday – One Small StepMy Profile

3 Michele January 11, 2013 at 8:18 am

We use a combo strategy. The hubby likes the paper kind and I go for the electronic. Now, that reminds me that I have to go buy him a calendar.

4 VandyJ January 11, 2013 at 8:31 am

Electronic at work, paper at home. We see the paper one at home and everyone uses it to keep track of appointments and trips and such. At work, since the computer is always there I keep track of things on it.
VandyJ would like you to read…Spin Cycle–Color Me…My Profile

5 Jan's Sushi Bar January 11, 2013 at 8:37 am

I use both – of course, there’s the calendar in Outlook, but I also have a wall calendar in my office and our realtor sends us one for our refrigerator every year. I was surprised at how handy that one comes in.

Now that I think of it, this is the first year Jolly hasn’t given us a calendar with photos of the G Man for Christmas. That makes me kinda sad.
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…A Sad CommentaryMy Profile

6 Mama's High Strung January 11, 2013 at 10:25 am

Electronic AND paper… the paper (a book/calendar) mostly for invitations and save the dates… which I also put on my electronic devices! Following you everywhere…

7 JamericanSpice / Colette S January 11, 2013 at 10:29 am

I am so old I’d just stab through the calendar with a pen, knife or something :)

I use my paper calendar only.

I might begin to use the electronic ones …

Happy Friday girl!
JamericanSpice / Colette S would like you to read…Spinach Lover or Hater?My Profile

8 Xmasdolly January 11, 2013 at 10:31 am

Yes, I’m with you. I use all kinds of calenders for wherever I’m at at the time. Very interesting I’d say. Great Post there girlfriend. Have a fabulous weekend and see you on Monday! Woo Hoo we’re going to rock the house!!!
Xmasdolly would like you to read…Aloha Flashback Friendship Stacy’s Follow!My Profile

9 Harriet January 11, 2013 at 10:42 am

I use both. I use my Google calendar for my important stuff since it syncs with my phone, desktop and everything else.

Have a great weekend!
Harriet would like you to read…This is cool, FridayMy Profile

10 Noelle ( January 11, 2013 at 11:08 am

I am all about my Google calendar. I otherwise forget!

11 Xandra January 11, 2013 at 11:56 am

I use both. I got the BIG Paper Source calendar for business planning, and I use the calendar on my phone to remind me of appointments/plans for myself and my family. I haven’t yet found the perfect system, but I’ve been searching for a long time!
Xandra would like you to read…Your Body Is Your Most Sacred HomeMy Profile

12 Judy January 11, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Thanks for hosting. I’m now following your fabulous blog. Have a great weekend:)
Judy would like you to read…DTC Challenge #42 – Any Theme Party!!My Profile

13 Lauryn January 11, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I use a paper one and I heart it! I just ordered an Erin Condren life planner and can’t wait for it to come! I have tried to use electronic. My husband keeps begging me to use google since he does and it would be “easier”, but I can’t get away from the look and feel of a good old paper calendar:)
Lauryn would like you to read…Our 2013 Family Bucket ListMy Profile

14 Naila Moon January 11, 2013 at 6:24 pm
15 Chris January 13, 2013 at 9:06 am

I use the paper version. The electronic version on my phone is only for emergencies and temporary.
Chris would like you to read…Bloggers Around the World: Caribbean Round-up and New ChallengeMy Profile

16 Mary/kyooty January 13, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I really do like a paper calenar. For 2012 I had bought all the boys a wall calendar for their rooms but didn’t bother this year. This year we got one from WWF for our donation, and hubbie bought me a ForBetterorForWorse one. :) I don’t use the one on my computer because like you I’m not on it all the time. My phone is usually in my purse and unhearable.
Mary/kyooty would like you to read…The chairMy Profile

17 Gail Watson March 15, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Always start off using calendar on iPhone, then switching back to paper. By the time I’ve squinted at the screen, tapped a few typos and corrected it all, I could of written it down. And as the calendar is in front of me it’s a constant reminder, also I can jot down doodles and instructions sometimes, which is a pain electronically to do.
Gail Watson would like you to read…New Glimpse of the Channel song uploadedMy Profile