Amazing Bubbles the Dragon

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on January 23, 2013 · 26 comments

On New Years Eve my bloggy buddy Heather Welch posted this on her Facebook wall:

Isn’t that adorable?  Then she tagged me on her wall with this message:

Heather Welch: Stacy Swenson Johnson I sure hope Princess nagger likes it!

Wait, what?  She had messaged me just 10 days prior asking what Princess Nagger’s favorite colors were, and mentioned that she would like to make a cool dragon for her.  She crocheted that – how awesome is she?  I used to crochet, and no way would I have knocked out something as cool as that in just a mere 10 days (or anything cool for that matter) – with Christmas in the middle of all that to boot.  Heather is a rock star.

Princess Nagger was thrilled when it arrived in the mail – she wanted to pose with it right away (OK, if I’m being honest I wanted her to pose with it right away so I could blog about it).  Forgive the picture qualities, I was testing out the camera on my new phone that luckily has an LED flash since it was dark out:

Naturally I also wanted to test out the front view camera (that doesn’t have a flash) and she let me be in the picture with her and her cool new friend:

The rest of the evening she had her new dragon friend by her side – eating dinner, watching TV, playing on her computer – then she of course had to cuddle with Bubbles at bedtime.  There was no question Bubbles would be accompanying her to school the next day, too:

You’ll be happy to know Bubbles was a huge hit with all her friends – and she has been Princess Nagger’s constant companion ever since.  You really should check out her Etsy Shop, Southern Gal’s Crochet – she has some mad skillz.

Thank you, Heather, for the absolutely amazing and thoughtful gift.

Isn’t it great how the blogosphere enables some incredible friendships?

SignatureChristmas

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!

Joining in on Wandering Wednesday:

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 ❤ Julie Maloney ❤ (Momspective) January 23, 2013 at 12:22 am

If it wasn’t for the blogosphere I wouldn’t have you and my life is SOOOOO much better with you in it!
❤ Julie Maloney ❤ (Momspective) would like you to read…WW – How My Four Year Old Sees MeMy Profile

2 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman January 23, 2013 at 1:32 am

That dragon is SO cute! I want one. lol
@PamelaMKramer – A Renaissance Woman would like you to read…The Smile Booth at IKEA HoustonMy Profile

3 @DWYDiM - Karen Nelson January 23, 2013 at 2:13 am

I’m going to have to check out that Etsy shop! Thanks for sharing.
@DWYDiM – Karen Nelson would like you to read…What Can Professional Home Staging Do For You?My Profile

4 SueAnn January 23, 2013 at 5:49 am

What a sweet and wonderful gift! I love it and good to see the Princess does too!
Hugs
SueAnn

5 Felicia January 23, 2013 at 8:50 am

That dragon is awesome! I love her taste.
Felicia would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Listen to the wisdom of the old…My Profile

6 Charlotte January 23, 2013 at 8:57 am

That dragon is amazing! I love him! Lovely photos! x
Charlotte would like you to read…Fun Photo Fun – Snow MoreMy Profile

7 Laurie January 23, 2013 at 9:10 am

Stacy that is amazing!!! She could even crochet something like that! I don’t care if I had a year, I wouldn’t be able to figure it out. What a cool gift. Thanks for the party.
Laurie
Laurie would like you to read…Do You Remember Your First Tonka Truck?…My Profile

8 Elaine A. January 23, 2013 at 9:21 am

What a thoughtful gift! And wow, awesome skills for sure! :D

9 Gina B January 23, 2013 at 9:22 am

Ok, that is SOME talent!! Wow, I’m so impressed :) What a beautiful dragon. I’ve got to make friends with someone who crotches… lol.
Gina B would like you to read…Lessons in Parenting Special Needs: 1/21/13My Profile

10 orangeheromama January 23, 2013 at 9:27 am

Aww! THat’s so awesome!
orangeheromama would like you to read…#wordlesswednesday – I have a wool problem – w Linky!My Profile

11 Estelle Sobel Erasmus January 23, 2013 at 9:34 am

Love how cute Princess Nagger looks with Bubbles. What a wonderful gift to get from your friend.
Estelle
Estelle Sobel Erasmus would like you to read…A Preschooler’s Guide to Five Common Phrases Used on a CruiseMy Profile

12 Jan's Sushi Bar January 23, 2013 at 9:47 am

10 days? Wow!

Off to look at her Etsy shop…
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Avoiding the FluMy Profile

13 Beth January 23, 2013 at 10:01 am

that is awesome!
Beth would like you to read…From a DistanceMy Profile

14 Heather W. January 23, 2013 at 10:09 am

I just love those pics!! They look awesome together!
It is days like this that remind me why I continue on. You are so wonderful to make Bubbles her very own blog post! I appreciate the shout out, you are a great friend!

Etsy’s “Southern Gal’s Crochet” is going to be going through some changes this year to just patterns and orders but “Southern Gal’s Crochet” on Facebook is my main page.

Again, I am soo happy that Bubbles was a hit with Princess Nagger!

15 becca January 23, 2013 at 10:25 am

what an awesome gift
becca would like you to read…Weighing In WK#8My Profile

16 Rosey January 23, 2013 at 10:40 am

Oh my gosh, it is the cutest!!! She does really, really good work! I love that your daughter took it to school, that’s big time. :)
Rosey would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday (projector)My Profile

17 OneDay/LadyJC January 23, 2013 at 11:17 am

That is amazing! So adorable, and I love the colors! Happy WW! :)
OneDay/LadyJC would like you to read…Giveaway – Monochromatic Nostalgia 12 Month Photo Art CalendarMy Profile

18 Danielle Royalegacy January 23, 2013 at 12:03 pm

That is just too cute!
Danielle Royalegacy would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday with Linky – My Lovely Bouquet – January 23, 2013My Profile

19 Grace January 23, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Heather is amazing. I have been a fan for ages. She recently gifted me with a little Daisy Dragon – she is a very talented and a very generous lady. I wish she would put more of her finished products up for sale in her Etsy shop – I can’t crochet for beans but I would be happy to buy her marvelous creations. The quality is amazing. (Oh my have I used the word ‘amazing’ a lot? Well it fits Miss Heather’s work.)

20 Heather W. January 23, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Aww, Grace that is soo sweet of you to say! ♥

21 Grace January 23, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I only speak the truth Heather!

22 andrea January 23, 2013 at 1:39 pm

That is super cute! This reminds me to ask again if you ever got the holiday little package I sent to you. I used the P.O. Box address from when you graciously sent me some wine over the summer, and am not sure if that was still a valid place to reach you.
andrea would like you to read…WinterandomMy Profile

23 snosler January 23, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I used to crochet and sew … odd thing is the older I get the less I seem to do anything like that. Maybe I’ll drudge that sewing machine out from the basement …

24 Run DMT January 23, 2013 at 5:28 pm

That is so sweet! Bubbles is a precious dragon friend!
Run DMT would like you to read…Clearwater Marathon RecapMy Profile

25 Sarah Park January 23, 2013 at 11:31 pm

This is so cute. I wish I know how to crochet.
Sarah Park would like you to read…How to Become a SubcontractorMy Profile