there’s Something About December – it’s My Favourite Time of Year, so Let’s Shake Up Christmas for A Holly Jolly Christmas

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on December 3, 2012 · 20 comments

in Monday Hops,Monday's Music Moves Me,Music Monday

How crazy fast has this year gone by? Super crazy fast. It’s already December, people – only 22 days until Christmas.  And for those that celebrate Chanukah, those observances and celebrations start this Saturday – the day before my birthday.  Like I said, time is flying by way to super crazy fast.

Being that it’s the first Monday of December, it’s time to break out the Holiday and Christmas tunes – the month of December will be a continuous Holiday Theme, so grab your favorite videos and come play along.  Let’s start off with a gorgeous song to start off the month right – here’s Christina Perri with “Something About December”:

Next is a group from the UK who made a beautiful video from a song that was written in 2010 to bring back the Christmas magic the writer felt had been missing from the UK charts for decades.  When writing the song, he recalled his own childhood in the early 1980s.  Here’s the Florin Street Band with “My Favourite Time of Year”:

Next up is a song that might sound a bit familiar to those who may not specifically listen to this particular band, since a version of their song was used in Coca-Cola’s Christmas jingle in 2010.  Figured it out yet?  Give a listen to Train with “Shake Up Christmas”:

Next up is a video from one of my favorite bands, it’s hilarious with a little boy trying to finagle a kiss from the lead singer by convincing the other two band members to help him in his quest.

He has one band member fly a toy helicopter he has rigged with mistletoe over the head of the female band member, while the other band member brings up a chair so the little boy can be tall enough for a kiss.  As the helicopter floats above her head, the boy climbs on a chair and waits for his kiss. But when his eyes are closed, a little girl who has been watching him all night climbs on the chair and plants one on him.

He acts surprised, but when he returns to the bedroom to pull out his little black book of girls he’d like to kiss, you realize that he was planning to get a smooch from that little girl all along. Mission accomplished.  Here’s Lady Antebellum with “A Holly Jolly Christmas”:

And just for fun, I had to share this video because it was cracking me up big time – it’s not recommended for kids because it’s definitely geared towards adults, but you definitely need to check it out.  One of my favorite ventriloquists works his magic – here’s Jeff Dunham with the familiar Christmas story, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas”:

That puts a whole new twist on an age old story, doesn’t it?  Enjoy your Monday!

Now on to the particulars of Monday’s Music Move’s Me:

Photobucket

I have the supreme honor and privilege of being a co-host with the inimitable Xmas Dolly and her cohorts in crime, Lorie of The Shewbridges of Celebration, Florida, Callie from JAmericanSpice, Cathy from Cathy Kennedy’s Blog, and for the month of November, our Honorary Co-Conductor is none other than Santa Claus.

Want to join in the fun? It’s easy – just find a tune that rocks your boat, post it and link up – don’t forget to grab Xmas Dolly…er, um, I mean her button…over at her place here. Check out Xmas Dolly’s sidebar for the random themes we sport each week – and you can always ask for a specific theme of music you like, too. Check out the other music lovahs and let’s jam!

Spotlight Dancers
INTRODUCING OUR “SPOTLIGHT DANCER”:

Mrs. Claus!

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

The awesome Run DMT also hosts Music Monday (who graciously helps out with our hostessing every time we need it, and who I had the privilege of meeting in person at BlogHer – she’s even more adorable than I imagined):

More Monday Hops – hop along, won’t you?

The Things We Find InsideMNB Hop @ Life & Everything Else In BetweenSuper Sunday Sync
Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Kim December 3, 2012 at 2:55 am

Aw! Loved the Lady Antebellum vid :)
Kim would like you to read…Howdy, y’all!My Profile

2 stevebethere December 3, 2012 at 6:48 am

Brilliant choices this week am a fan of Lady Antebellum, Train and Christina Perri.

The last one was a laugh heheh!

Have a good week ;-)
stevebethere would like you to read…Music Monday – Girl On FireMy Profile

3 Hilary December 3, 2012 at 6:50 am

I can’t believe it is december either. I thought the year was flying before, and then I sort of missed November…
Hilary would like you to read…Say What????My Profile

4 becca December 3, 2012 at 7:17 am

great line up today hadn’t heard the Christmas song by train so thanks i have anew favorite
becca would like you to read…Haiku Monday 12-3-12My Profile

5 Tracyann0312 December 3, 2012 at 8:02 am

All of us must love Christmas very much because it is the month were people share and give love to others. Other than that, Christmas is another day to celebrate with love and passion. Thanks for sharing some of the videos.
Tracyann0312 would like you to read…college students with adhdMy Profile

6 Lucy December 3, 2012 at 8:37 am

Loved the songs and the videos were great BUT I will never think of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ without a little giggle, that was great!!!
Lucy would like you to read…AdventMy Profile

7 Cathy Kennedy December 3, 2012 at 9:24 am

Great new Christmas picks for me to enjoy! I especially loved your selection My Favourite Time of the Year – really nice! I love the way you decked your blog for the Christmas season – nice touch! Have lots of fun rocking around the Christmas tree!
Cathy Kennedy would like you to read…One right after another was beautiful, just beauti…My Profile

8 JamericanSpice / Colette S December 3, 2012 at 10:10 am

Oh Stacy, I always enjoy your music, but by golly that one with the little boy is just cheek spasm from smiling! I LOVE LOVE it!

Thank you for sharing such fun music!
JamericanSpice / Colette S would like you to read…Shake Heaven! – 4MsMy Profile

9 Gina December 3, 2012 at 10:19 am

I had never seen the Lady Antebellum song! I love them and this was outstanding entertainment. Thanks, Stacy!
Gina would like you to read…Roughing It Stream of Consciousness StyleMy Profile

10 Rorybore December 3, 2012 at 11:10 am

aw, that song with the little boy was so cute!! my girls loved that.
I’ll have to listen to the Jeff Dunham one later when they are not in the room — but I already know it will be so funny. Love him and Walter.
Rorybore would like you to read…4M: It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like…My Profile

11 Unofficial Chart Blog December 3, 2012 at 11:40 am

Brilliant choices Stacey – Have a cracking MM x
Unofficial Chart Blog would like you to read…Music Monday ~ Neneh CherryMy Profile

12 Amethyst Moon December 3, 2012 at 1:03 pm

great songs and what a sweet video from Lady Antebellum. Love them!

And, Jeff Dunham and Peanut are always good for a laugh! Have a wicked lovely week!
Amethyst Moon would like you to read…Music Monday, Songs from Christmas CartoonsMy Profile

13 Gone Bananas December 3, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I love all your pics and the first three are ones I’d never heard before! Guess who’s got to thumbs and is expanding her Christmas playlist? *points thumbs at herself* This Girl! lmbo Hopefully you’re getting things back to normal after Sandy! xx
Gone Bananas would like you to read…Christmas Town, Jars Of Clay and a Wonderful Christmas TimeMy Profile

14 Mike Golch December 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm

great set of tunes thanks for sharing them
Mike Golch would like you to read…Awww…MondayMy Profile

15 Tami December 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Love Christina Perri. That song is beautiful. :)
Tami would like you to read…I L♥ve My Online Friends ‘GFC’ HopMy Profile

16 Xmasdolly December 3, 2012 at 4:53 pm

So festive! I love it & all your choices are fabulous. Love the mischievous little boy. Too cute! The last one totally cracked me up! LMAO…. got to send that one to hubby! hahahahahahaha Great one my friend. YOU ROCK AS ALWAYS!
Xmasdolly would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me ho ho hoMy Profile

17 Naila Moon December 3, 2012 at 9:55 pm

The Lady Antebellum one was totally cute.
Jeff Dunham…oh my gosh he makes me laugh! We just saw this special last week.

I love your new header!
Naila Moon would like you to read…Monday’s Music-Christmas Edition #1My Profile

18 Fatima Hipolito December 3, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I love to see your header in here that was really cute, Everyone here really love December…
Fatima Hipolito would like you to read…How Do I Get A Website Name?My Profile

19 Run DMT December 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm

That Christina Perry song is GORGEOUS! I just love her voice. Shake It Up by Train is one of my favorites. I hadn’t heard that one by the Florin Street Band, but I love it too! Great picks, mama!

I just love Christmas and all the music!

I forgot to add in your RTT post that I also love Chicago Fire. What a great show! Funny how we like so many of the same shows! I need you here so we can chat about all the characters and plots! lol
Run DMT would like you to read…Random Thoughts about a Dirty Girl, Feeling like Alice, a New Challenge and Track TuesdayMy Profile

20 Jennifer December 4, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Love the Christina Perri one! I’m sooooooo excited for Christmas music!!
Jennifer would like you to read…Monday Music Moves MeMy Profile