High Flyin’ Fun

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on December 5, 2012 · 26 comments

Whenever I fly, I always pick a window seat because I need to look out the window to keep my equilibrium… equal.  Also, it provides some great snapshot moments, like the day I flew to Chicago last week.  It was snowing like crazy on the way to the airport in Pennsylvania, but after the plane was deiced and took off, flying above the clouds is always cool:

I didn’t get a chance to get many pictures of Chicago itself, but these turned out pretty cool from the World of Whirlpool building:

And, since the return flight was in the evening, a different perspective from way up high:

Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 TracyAnn0312 December 5, 2012 at 12:54 am

Wow! it is really wonderful to see sch a beautiful picture. Hoping that I can also go in there.
TracyAnn0312 would like you to read…אילוף כלביםMy Profile

2 Camille December 5, 2012 at 2:03 am

Great pics! I love looking out the window. :)
Camille would like you to read…[Mostly] Wordless Wednesday!My Profile

3 Charlotte December 5, 2012 at 3:47 am

I don’t enjoy flying but I do enjoy being above the clouds. When I was a child I used to think it was Care Bear Land. Maybe I still do! :0) x

4 Janiss December 5, 2012 at 3:50 am

These are awesome snaps! Love the nighttime over Chicago especially. For some reason, I never think to take photos in the evening when I’m flying in/out of Los Angeles, and you KNOW there are endless lights there.
Janiss would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Have a Seat on My ToadstoolMy Profile

5 @DWYDiM - Karen Nelson December 5, 2012 at 4:17 am

The interior designer in me loves that clock!
@DWYDiM – Karen Nelson would like you to read…Home Library MakeoverMy Profile

6 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman December 5, 2012 at 4:26 am

Didn’t I just see it snowing on your blog??? It’s really late so maybe it’s just my eyes???? lol – Love the photos. I want to go with you! You are having way more fun I can just see it! rofl…
@PamelaMKramer – A Renaissance Woman would like you to read…Small Business OnlineMy Profile

7 EdT. December 5, 2012 at 6:27 am

I also prefer the window seat – not only for the photo opportunities (my flights to SFO normally take me over either Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, or some other amazing landmarks), but also because once I sit down, I can’t stand up until we get to our destination.

EdT. would like you to read…(A)WW: Museum of Fine ArtsMy Profile

8 becca December 5, 2012 at 6:33 am

i haven’t flown since I was 10 but if I get the chance again I want window seat
becca would like you to read…November R.A.K.My Profile

9 SarahCate December 5, 2012 at 7:02 am

The window seat for me too but only on big planes. I prefer legroom on smaller hops. No matter where I sit I always try to peek out the window :)
I’ve only been to Chicago once, I’d love to go again, there was so much I didn’t get to explore. I love, love the picture of the clock- very cool!

10 Sheryl December 5, 2012 at 7:35 am

The clock photo is my favorite. Beautiful!
Sheryl would like you to read…A Special MessageMy Profile

11 Laurie December 5, 2012 at 8:35 am

I prefer an aisle seat to stretch my legs every so often. I have to tell you the new christmas header you installed is FAB!
Laurie
Laurie would like you to read…May Your Days Be Merry and Bright…My Profile

12 secret mom thoughts December 5, 2012 at 8:41 am

Beautiful shots. I prefer a window seat too.
secret mom thoughts would like you to read…Elf AnticsMy Profile

13 diane December 5, 2012 at 8:50 am

Window seat, like you, love to see the tops of the clouds.
World of Whirlpool? hahaha, don’t know why that strikes me funny. Maybe because I did laundry all day yesterday.

14 Heather December 5, 2012 at 8:56 am

I have never flown before but those are some amazing shots! I love the night ones.
Heather would like you to read…13 Years AgoMy Profile

15 Anne December 5, 2012 at 9:25 am

I definitely prefer an aisle seat. I have long legs and like to stretch them out into the aisle.
Anne would like you to read…Stitch in the Small TownMy Profile

16 Amusing Miss December 5, 2012 at 9:50 am

Very nice night time photos from the plane. Whenever I’ve tried to take similar pics, I either get a bright yellow blur or just the planes’ wing. Love your blog.
Amusing Miss would like you to read…Victoria’s Secret Fashion ShowMy Profile

17 Jan's Sushi Bar December 5, 2012 at 10:04 am

I prefer window seats – Beloved thinks I’m nuts as he prefers the aisle seat. Of course, this makes flying together somewhat easier.

LOVE the photo of the clock.
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Venison BologneseMy Profile

18 VandyJ December 5, 2012 at 10:07 am

I can manage with either–I read on the plane and can tune out what’s around me–if I’m by myself. With kids, I never get the window seat.
VandyJ would like you to read…That’s So AnnoyingMy Profile

19 Michele December 5, 2012 at 10:22 am

I prefer a window seat also but my executive assistant always gets me an aisle seat. I really need to talk to her about that but she is just so nice I feel bad.

Jan is right, the clock picture is awesome.
Michele would like you to read…Jewelry holder upcycle or frame upcycle?My Profile

20 Julie From Momspective December 5, 2012 at 12:37 pm

The nighttime pictures are my favorite, that’s the best time to fly. Beautiful shots my love!
Julie From Momspective would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – Watch Out Frosty!My Profile

21 Rorybore December 5, 2012 at 2:00 pm

what great shots! I’ve never been to Chicago. In fact, it’s been so long since I went anywhere — let alone somewhere I would have to fly: I don’t know what I prefer – aisle or window?
I assume I’ll be sleeping since the plane is likely to be quieter than my house. :)
Rorybore would like you to read…Wordyless Wednesday: Do it RightMy Profile

22 angie December 5, 2012 at 6:29 pm

The shots are fabulous. And lucky you to FLY somewhere!
angie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday – The FluMy Profile

23 Kathy December 5, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Beautiful shots….super clear and crisp.

My WW is kitchen remodeling and thick snow. Happy wordless Wednesday!
Kathy would like you to read…How powerful is Power Grind Pro Juicer?My Profile

24 kyooty December 5, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Happy Wednesday, I love the night time shots.
kyooty would like you to read…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

25 Elaine A. December 6, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I always love the night views from the plane. Great shots!
Elaine A. would like you to read…iPieces – Review & GiveawayMy Profile

26 Shanna December 6, 2012 at 10:44 pm

These are gorgeous photos! What kind of camera do you have?

Oh and I always pick a window seat so I can huddle in my little corner and look out the window or sleep!
Shanna would like you to read…Papa Don’t Preach: How a Two-Year-Old Taught Me to Love Christmas AgainMy Profile