Still Drying Out, Birthday Schemes and Dragon Eye Cake, Dino Moves: RTT Rebel

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on November 13, 2012 · 28 comments

in Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel,Talk To Us Tuesday,Tuesday Hops,Tuesday Train

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just over a week away – I’m looking forward to it, though, since we get to pig out on good food without as much guilt.  Princess Nagger’s not only looking forward to the pigging out part, but that she’ll have an extra long weekend off school.  That part I’m looking forward to, too – I kinda like having her around.

Mother Nature is in rare form again – the last few days have almost hit 70 degrees after the big cold front and Nor’easter last week that threatened snow.  Obviously Mother Nature’s Menopause is in full swing.  We got lucky since the Nor’easter decided to mostly bypass us – it was nice to have a break after Sandy did her damage the week before.

My big grape arbor will have to be rebuilt since Sandy took a pretty good whack at it and knocked over some of the corner posts which took out the center and cross boards too – but at least the vines themselves had already mostly gone into hibernation so they’ll still be fruitful next year. The hubby has been working studiously to clean up all the branches in the backyard and Back 40 – we just need it to dry out a little more so we can run the tractor around again.

Speaking of a soggy Back 40, since Sandy turned our Back 40 into a mucky muddy mess and it looks like my dining room will remain a storage room until the basement is finally clean and dry, Princess Nagger’s birthday party is going to have to be at an alternate location.  I found a great party place (thankfully not Chuck E. Cheese) that has an elaborate play area where she’ll be able to instigate her Hunting Party game in the theme of Warrior Cats.  I’m hoping I can either show up early or drop off specific Warrior Cats decorations I’m making so as to surprise Princess Nagger the day of the party.  I’ll keep you posted.

Speaking of surprising Princess Nagger, she may now not be surprised about the decor because she apparently is scoping out my blog every so often (and even left a comment on one of my posts from a couple of weeks ago).  Luckily I caught myself before I revealed to you what some of her gifts might be, knowing how sly she is, she’s waiting for me to slip up.  I could say I’m getting her a Justin Bieber doll since that would be the last gift on earth she’d never want, just to see if she says anything.  In case you haven’t noticed, I do enjoy messing with her more often than not.  Especially since she’s too smart for our own good.

Speaking of birthdays, it’s hard to fathom that Princess Nagger will be TEN on Thursday.  She’s asked for a dragon eye cake.  She drew a quick sketch:

This should be fun.  Though I did have to clarify that she doesn’t simply want a rectangular cake with the eye drawn in black frosting as it appears in the sketch.  Apparently, in her mind there are some interesting colors and other attributes that she hasn’t yet put on paper.  And she wants the cake cut into the shape of the eye so it’s a 3D eye.  This will be quite the interesting challenge.  Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to share with you.

And now for a Body by Vi update…

Week five-turned-four was much better than four re-set.  Another 2 pounds bid adieu – and I was so busy cleaning up after Sandy that I honestly wasn’t even trying.  I am going to miss the daily Vi mixture in my coffee though, when it’s all gone.  It’s been a huge help curbing my appetite later in the day and keeping me from overindulging when I shouldn’t.  Next week I’ll do a wrap-up post from the 30 Day Challenge so you can be duly impressed.

I saw this on Facebook last week and thought it was hysterical:

That’s a wrap for week – link up and join in the fun. Everyone is welcome, random or not.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Keeping the random alive – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:

Stacy

And one for my non-wino friends:

Stacy

I’m also linking up with two stellar ladies, Shawn and Impulsive, the lovely hosts of Talk To Us Tuesday. There are no rules so link away.

Seriously Shawn

More Tuesday hops – if you’re stopping by here from there, please do me a favor and follow via LinkyFollowers – since I was robbed of my GFC followers when the cads at Goggle decided to boycott non-Blogger blogs.

TuesdayTrain friendandfollow Flock Together

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Sarah Park November 13, 2012 at 12:17 am

Hello!

I am glad to hear that you are slowly picking up the pieces that Sandy damaged. Advance happy birthday princess Nagger. With Nagger’s excitement and preparation for her birthday, it will surely be a blast.
Sarah Park would like you to read…10 Ways to Improve Your LifeMy Profile

2 Fatima Hipolito December 10, 2012 at 1:57 am

Yeah me to I’m glad to see this page because you share something really important to know..
Fatima Hipolito would like you to read…רפואה משלימהMy Profile

3 Gretchen November 13, 2012 at 12:28 am

Princess N is reading your blog?! Oh no. I have so far managed to keep Jude FAR away from it. I think he’s starting to get curious, but I DREAD the day he reads it and figures out I talk about him! SO sorry that Sandy has done such a number on you and yours. What a mess. Glad to hear things are finally getting together.

4 Terra Heck November 13, 2012 at 12:36 am

That dinosaur joke made me laugh! Hope Princess Nagger has a wonderful birthday. I know what you mean by the weather, one day it’s nice and the next it’s freezing. That’ll be one interesting cake!
Terra Heck would like you to read…Random Tuesday Thoughts – 8th Grade ChampsMy Profile

5 SueAnn November 13, 2012 at 5:11 am

That dragon cake is going to be so cool!! And as for Thanksgiving! WTH??? What happened? It was just Halloween yesterday??
Yikes!!
Be well…hugs to the kids
SueAnn

6 Jo-Lynne {Musings of a Housewife} November 13, 2012 at 7:24 am

This IS the craziest weather, isn’t it!??? Good luck with that dragon eye cake. That’s hilarious.

7 Michele November 13, 2012 at 7:38 am

I think moving the festivities to another venue is a great idea. No sense trying to work around the mess. Sandy sure was a b&$ch. Notice the special characters? That is in case PN is reading.

8 Cathy Kennedy November 13, 2012 at 8:02 am

Now I understand why nature is referred to as Mother Nature more and more each year. Perhaps it helps because I’m premenopausal myself and can totally relate. Thankfully, I’m on HRT for the last couple of years & this has helped things quite a bit. Too bad “Mother Nature” can’t take something for her climate changes. We had beautiful, beautiful weather over the weekend and this morning’s chill hit 32 degrees. It may warm up to the mid to upper 50s today with sunny skies. That won’t be bad.

Congrats on blasting another 2 pounds off! Whoo-hoo!

Oh the things mothers do for their children’s birthdays. I do recall making some pretty challenging and fun cakes for my kiddoes. It is a lot of fun and the memories will live forever in their minds.

9 Elle November 13, 2012 at 8:10 am

Dragon Eye cake? PN certainly is very creative. Can’t wait to see you pull that one off.

We’ve been back and forth with the weather too. Sorry about all the flooding and damage from Sandy. We were very lucky here.

Can’t wait to see your Warrior Cat birthday decorations! You’re so crafty!
Elle would like you to read…Random Tuesday ThoughtsMy Profile

10 Rachel M. November 13, 2012 at 8:17 am

Wow I can’t wait to see that cake! I love how she pushes your creativity to the max!
Rachel M. would like you to read…Random Tuesday ~ TexasMy Profile

11 Claire November 13, 2012 at 8:46 am

It got warm again here too, though after the next few days of rain, will probably get cold. Dinosaur jokes are always awesome, lol. Happy Tuesday!

12 Angela November 13, 2012 at 9:35 am

I can’t wait to see the cake. It sounds really cool! New follower from the Tuesday Train. Hope you’ll come visit. http://angela-mommytimeout.blogspot.com
Angela would like you to read…Hexbug Warriors – product reviewMy Profile

13 Mom in High Heels November 13, 2012 at 9:48 am

I can’t wait to see the cake! Indy tried to get me to make a Han Solo in carbonite cake for his Star Wars birthday back in July. Um, no.

Glad to hear you’re picking up after Sandy. Hurricanes suck.

The dinosaur cartoon is funny! It reminded me of the movie Meet The Robinson’s where a T-Rex was sicked on one guy who was hiding in a corner but the T-Rex couldn’t get to him because his head was in the way. He turned around and said “I have a big head, but little arms.” Ha!
Mom in High Heels would like you to read…RTT: Rockin the CasbahMy Profile

14 VandyJ November 13, 2012 at 10:02 am

I’m having a hard time believe that Thanksgiving is speeding toward us so quickly, but the up side is that there is more time between Christmas and Thanksgiving than there has been the couple of years.

15 Jill November 13, 2012 at 10:14 am

Your description of how PN wants her cake to look made me giggle – my mom used to make & decorate birthday cakes, and when people called with “out there” designs and descriptions, it used to exasperate her! ;) I wish you luck with your dragon eye cake!!
Jill would like you to read…The Tuesday Random: LOST, Scentsy, and Breaking Dawn Part 2My Profile

16 Jan's Sushi Bar November 13, 2012 at 10:15 am

Okay, the dinosaur comic cracked me up. And I cannot wait to see Princess Nagger’s Dragon Eye cake. I wish I lived closer so I could make it!
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Winter Squash FrittersMy Profile

17 Lauryn November 13, 2012 at 10:29 am

I cannot wait to see that cake! Enjoy that challenge! And the fact that Thanksgiving is just a week away, ahhhhhh……..
Lauryn would like you to read…Guest Post: Spreading The Warmth: One Hat at a TimeMy Profile

18 Noelle ( November 13, 2012 at 11:14 am

Weather has been crazy. I thought Houston was crazy. Hope you get your home in order for Thanksgiving. I also cannot believe it is next week! AHHH! Thanks for the dinosaur cartoon. It was funny.
Noelle ( would like you to read…New York in 24 hours—Part 2My Profile

19 Xmasdolly November 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Well, I didn’t know you took this 30 day challenge, but I can tell you I totally understand about the coffee. The procedure that I am having has put me on this pre-diet and it’s no caffeine and no carbonation. Go figure! Well not feeling to well today must lay down now, hugs and have a great day!
Xmasdolly would like you to read…SHOW OFF TUESDAY / GIVE-AWAYS & REVIEWSMy Profile

20 Julie From Momspective November 13, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Thankfully I don’t think I have to worry about my kids reading my blog for another few years, they don’t really even know about it. I’m doing my best to watch my language just in case they decide to take a peek.
Julie From Momspective would like you to read…Random Tuesday Thoughts – I Missed This!My Profile

21 Storm, the Psychotic Housewife November 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’ll trade you our 40 degrees for your 70 ;)

I cannot believe PN is going to be 10 already! Yes, I think she should know she’s getting that Bieber doll, LOL ;) It’s good that you were able to find a place to host her party in! Her cake design sounds like it is going to be something! I can’t wait to see photos of it.
Storm, the Psychotic Housewife would like you to read…Random Thoughts Tuesday – I Like Mine PlausibleMy Profile

22 Becki November 13, 2012 at 2:57 pm

The dinosaur thing made me laugh just like the line in Meet the Robinson’s (“I have a big head and very little arms” or something like that…)
Can’t wait to hear about the birthday party!
Becki would like you to read…Tuesday Random ThoughtsMy Profile

23 Meryl November 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

LOVE the cartoon!!! Thanks for the smile I leave with! Have a great week and thanks for hosting.
Meryl would like you to read…Raising Consciousness and Respect: Pre-Holiday Cheer SuggestionsMy Profile

24 Momma on the Rocks November 13, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Happy birthday early to Princess Nagger! And yes, Chuck E Cheese is evil!
Momma on the Rocks would like you to read…GIVING THANKS FOR I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S NOT BUTTER!My Profile

25 Andrea November 13, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Sorry Sandy was such a crummy houseguest…she wasn’t even invited to begin with! PN is absolutely hilarious! The cake, the blog stalking! Love it! (sorry) I am seeing shades of turquoise into green for the eye…as if you wanted or needed that info! I know the double digiter has it covered!
Andrea would like you to read…Random strategyMy Profile

26 kyooty November 13, 2012 at 10:05 pm

That cake idea looks awesome. I love it!
kyooty would like you to read…Random Tuesday Thoughts, Milling it.My Profile

27 Seriously Shawn November 14, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I cannot wait to see what you do with that cake, that girl of yours has quite the imagination!

That cartoon made me lol, my daughter didn’t get it which made it even funnier to me!

Thanks for linking up with us!

28 Jessica November 17, 2012 at 3:00 am

I’m a few days late to the party here =) I think the cake will look very cool! Good luck with that though! I hope cleaning up from the hurricane goes smoothly for you, I’m sure it can’t be easy. =(