Can you believe in just 2-1/2 weeks it will be Thanksgiving? The holidays are sneaking up on us faster each year. With how crazy things will be between now and the end of the year, it sure would be nice to have assistance, wouldn’t it? How about unconventional assistance – let Arm & Hammer assist with all your home entertaining and beauty needs.
Sounds crazy, right? Not so much – I didn’t realize that Arm & Hammer baking soda could be used in so many other ways besides cooking and making a paste to take the sting out of a bee sting. Check these other options out:
- Get rid of hair product buildup by sprinkling a small amount of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda into your palm along with your favorite shampoo. Work into hair and rinse.
- Clean your cuticles and brighten your manicure – simply dip a brush into Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and scrub nails and cuticles. Make a paste of 3 parts Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to 1 part water. Rub in a gentle, circular motion over hands and fingers to exfoliate and smooth. Rinse clean with warm water and apply polish as usual.
- Relax those overworked feet with an exfoliating pedicure. Simply add 2 tablespoons of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to warm water, sink in and enjoy.
Add Some Holiday Shine:
- For holiday photos with gleaming smiles that will be seen by generations to come, try brushing or rinsing your teeth with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda for a pearly white grin.
- Add a new shine to your holiday jewelry with some Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to show off your favorite gems. Use a toothbrush for a faster finish.
- Give your skin a natural glow by exfoliating with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and water, transforming the mixture into a facial and body scrub.
How about some Holiday Fun:
- Use it as Santa’s Footsteps. If you have carpets, this works not only to impress the kids on seeing Santa’s footsteps, but it will clean and deoderize you carpets, too. Since we have wood floors, we might have to think of an alternative – like reindeer tracks outside, or at least 2 footprints right in front of the tree where the gifts will magically appear.
- Add a dash of Arm & Hammer to your holiday drink to add some fun fizz and pizzazz. This one will be fun – can’t wait to see the kids’ reaction when they see our drinks fizzing – and bonus: an antacid for all the rich foods we’ll be imbibing.
Around the Home:
- Tasks piling up in the kitchen? Sprinkle Arm & Hammer Baking Soda onto a clean, damp sponge or cloth to clean counters, stainless steel sinks, cutting boards, microwaves, wooden spoons, oven tops and more.
- Shine all your holiday silver in no time – all that’s needed is Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, water, a clean cloth, and a little elbow grease.
- Don’t forget to keep an open box in the fridge to help keep all those holiday foods tasting fresh and keep strong flavored foods (onion, garlic, herbs, etc) from transferring to your delicate cookie dough.
Cooking this Season:
- Use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda as a safe and easy way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Throw a pinch of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda into potatoes while mashing to make them fluffier.
I love that Arm & Hammer baking soda is not only available in its familiar box, but in shaker form, too:
When I just need a sprinkle, that shaker is going to get used a lot this season for sure.
Do you have any conventional or unconventional ways you use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda?
I wrote this review while participating in an Blog Tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Arm & Hammer and received product samples to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for participating. All opinions are mine and not influenced by outside sources. See my Disclosure Policy here.