by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on October 23, 2012 · 48 comments

in Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel,Talk To Us Tuesday,Tuesday Hops,Tuesday Train

With Halloween a mere week away, I think I’ve got almost all of the parts and pieces of Princess Nagger’s Halloween costume pulled together.  I had to buy some red trim to add to the black zippered hoodie I picked up for her, so it would look official, and I’m waiting for the brown haired wavy wig to arrive so I can pre-braid it and have it ready to go on Halloween.  Then she will go as:

I got the official outer jacket that will go over the soon-to-be-modified black hoodie that will be worn over a black T-shirt, plus I picked up khaki/military pants, a pair of boots (that I need to get different shoelaces for, since they came with sparkly hot pink laces – not quite the look PN is going for).

I still need to spray paint her bow and arrow set with silver paint, which I’ll be able to do over the next couple of days since Mother Nature is giving us another heatwave.  I had planned to lay everything out and take a picture but ran out of time – so I’ll share that next week.

I think I have her talked into getting use out of her ‘costume’ at least three times – Halloween, her birthday next year, and in March when her school has their annual “Dress Up As Your Favorite Book Character” day. She’s writing her own book right now – about her newest creation, the Draco Bird.

She wants to get the book finished by March so she can show it to the teacher to justify dressing up as a Draco Bird for Book Character Day.  I’m not sure if this is the Draco Bird, or one of the characters that she drew:

I have just been informed by Princess Nagger the picture above is not the Draco Bird, just another bird living in the same era.  While I love that she’s proactively creative, I was not relishing the idea of having to create a costume for her to wear – especially since her imaginative Draco Bird is quite specific in detail.  I think I have her convinced to dress up as Katniss so she can get several uses out of the outfit that wasn’t easy – or cheap – to put together.

Speaking of creative imagination, she was brainstorming ideas on what theme to have for her birthday party this year.  First she wanted to do a Hunger Games themed party, but I’m pretty sure the moms of 9 and 10 year olds wouldn’t be all that thrilled to have their kids participate in a party where they’d be chasing each other all around the back yard trying to pretend kill each other.  Ahem.

I persuaded Princess Nagger to wait at least until next year, when we’ll hopefully be back in the Pacific Northwest where we can delegate the woodsy area in my parents’ backyard as the forest for them to run around in and try not to go crazy.  Plus I figure that stalling for a year would be wise, especially since she’ll change her mind several times between now and then.

Once Hunger Games was off the table, she then wanted to do a Soul Eater theme, but since no one is really familiar with the Japanese anime, I talked her out of it.  I wouldn’t have a clue where to start on decorations, goody bags, cake and party games.   When we were perusing the party supply sites, she changed her mind and decided she’d finally do an Angry Birds party like she had thought to do last year, before her party was sidelined by sickness.

And, in her normal change-her-mind-every-minute mode, she decided she’d much rather have a Warrior Cats party instead.  Her favorite Warrior Cat character is Scourge, who even has a book of his own:

Luckily I hadn’t ordered anything for the party yet, even though I’m usually pre-planning these events at least six months in advance to spread out the expense and stress a little.  So now I have to come up with some creative ways to do this party, since there are no ready-made Warrior Cats birthday party supplies like there are for Angry Birds.  I thought about doing a combination Warrior Cats and Angry Birds birthday party:

I only have 3-1/2 weeks to pull it off.   I’ll keep you posted.

And now for a Body by Vi update…

Week two was a wash – still enjoying the smoothies and sticking with it, though no pounds decided to escape the confines of my skin, but I was feeling under the weather last week so I was much more sedentary than the week before.  I’m happy that in spite of the less active mode pounds didn’t decide to join forces and add to the mix, I’d rather lose than gain but if it’s not the former, at least no change is good.  I suspect I’ll see more progress with my check-in next week, as I intend to be movin’ and groovin’ more this week.  Stay tuned.

That’s a wrap for week – link up and join in the fun. Everyone is welcome, random or not.

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

Keeping the random alive – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:

Stacy

And one for my non-wino friends:

Stacy

I’m also linking up with two stellar ladies, Shawn and Impulsive, the lovely hosts of Talk To Us Tuesday. There are no rules so link away.

Seriously Shawn

Once again I’m hopping aboard this fun friendly train – if you’re traveling on the train, be sure to leave your link so I can follow you back!

TuesdayTrain

More Tuesday hops – if you’re stopping by here from there, please do me a favor and follow via LinkyFollowers – since I was robbed of my GFC followers when the cads at Goggle decided to boycott non-Blogger blogs.

friendandfollow
Flock Together

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Gretchen October 23, 2012 at 12:45 am

I just love PN! She’s the most imaginative little girl! I adore that she’s writing her own book and wants to dress as her own character. She’s something special. The birthday party sounds darling. Can’t wait to hear how it turns out. You know, I’m kind of worried about your eventual move to the West Coast. I’m spoiled that you post the RTT posts at midnight EST, because then I can get them linked before I go to sleep. When you move east, I may have to wait to link them in the morning! Oh no! Maybe I can talk you into posting early? Hmmm…
Gretchen would like you to read…RTT: Sixth, Scary Nun and GiftingMy Profile

2 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 6:39 am

Thanks, Gretchen! She is something ‘special’, isn’t she? ;)

I hadn’t thought about the fact everyone’s used to me having my posts go ‘live’ at midnight EST vs. PST – No worries, for you I’ll do ‘em all early. :)

3 Gretchen October 23, 2012 at 12:47 am

Just reread that – meant move WEST. Sorry.
Gretchen would like you to read…RTT: Sixth, Scary Nun and GiftingMy Profile

4 Fatima Hipolito October 23, 2012 at 6:05 am

You make me laugh with this, angry birds vs warrior cats. I vote for angry birds LOL…
Fatima Hipolito would like you to read…שליחת SMSMy Profile

5 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 6:40 am

HA! Thanks Fatima!
Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) would like you to read…Halloween Costume Plans, Warrior Cats vs. Angry Birds Birthday and more: RTT RebelMy Profile

6 Hilary October 23, 2012 at 7:01 am

I love PN! she is such a free spirit!
Hilary would like you to read…Subliminal messagesMy Profile

7 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 7:39 am

That’s a great description, Hilary – ‘free spirit’. ;)

8 daisy October 23, 2012 at 7:33 am

Warrior cats VS angry birds sounds like a great theme, I can’t wait to see photo’s once it all comes together.
I can’t believe she’s writing a book, that’s an amazing drawing by the way. Great thinking about book character day :)
Have a great halloween, loving the Katniss idea for a costume.
daisy would like you to read…My amazing, crazy and talented friendsMy Profile

9 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 7:42 am

I’ll be flexing my creative muscles for sure, daisy! :) I’ll pass your compliment on to PN, it’ll make her day, thank you. :) You have a great Halloween too!

10 Rachel M. October 23, 2012 at 9:17 am

Oh dear, wait until the next movie comes out with that water suit for Katniss, that sounds even more complicated, although with any luck it will be simple jogging suit! Oh wait, P. Nagger would never accept that! She will want the more elaborate costumes K wears. Good luck mom!
Rachel M. would like you to read…Random Tuesday ~ Halloween PlansMy Profile

11 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

LOL! You’re right, Rachel – she’d want the more elaborate/complicated outfit, just like she wanted the arena getup instead of the simple in the woods pre-games outfit with a leather jacket. ;) Luckily the movie isn’t set for release until November 2013, which means Halloween 2014 and maybe she’ll be on to something else by then – or I’ll teach her how to sew by then. ;)

12 Claire October 23, 2012 at 9:25 am

That’s cool she’s going as Katniss; I wonder how many of those I will see this year. Happy Tuesday!

13 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:49 am

I hadn’t thought of that, Claire! So far we’ve been lucky that Princess Nagger hasn’t run into any twin costumes over the years – that might change this year, though! :)

14 Meryl October 23, 2012 at 9:38 am

Can’t wait to see how the costume comes out! Have a great week and thanks for hosting.
Meryl would like you to read…OH the FUN Elections can Occupy in Classrooms: Overview of Awesome Ideas and WebsitesMy Profile

15 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:49 am

Thanks Meryl! I’ll be sure to share. :) You have a great week too!

16 Nicole October 23, 2012 at 9:44 am

Why have I never heard of Warrior Cats? I’m so glad I read blogs, I learn so much.
Nicole would like you to read…Apparently I Like Them CleanMy Profile

17 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:51 am

I’m not even sure how Princess Nagger morphed from Diary of a Wimpy Kid to Warrior Cats – and of course Soul Eater, which she so far has the first 6 books (and since they’re from Japan, though written in English, read from back to front). PN is truly a unique individual – she confirms it every day. ;) Aren’t blogs great for learning new things? LOL!

18 Jill October 23, 2012 at 10:12 am

I LOVE the Hunger Games party theme idea! But, I suppose you’re right… a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds trying to pretend kill each other probably isn’t the best idea. ;)

I giggled at the image of the Angry Birds vs. Warrior Cats… too funny!!

Happy Tuesday!

19 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 10:43 am

I have a feeling a Hunger Games party would be much easier to plan vs. a Warrior Cats one – I probably jinxed myself talking her out of that. ;) But I did promise next year she can have a Hunger Games party – we’ll see if she continues in that vein during the next year. My luck she’ll opt for her own Draco Bird party instead! :)

Glad the image I made of Angry Birds vs. Warrior Cats made you giggle – my mission was accomplished! ;)

20 Heather October 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

I can’t wait to see pictures of her in her Katniss costume. I was shopping for Ryan last night and they had a small selection of Hunger Games costumes.
Heather would like you to read…Squishy Buns And StuffMy Profile

21 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 10:44 am

I’m looking forward to seeing it all put together and getting pictures – I think Princess Nagger is, too! ;) Oh man, I wish I could have found some Hunger Games costumes – it would have made it so much easier to put together! :D

22 Jan's Sushi Bar October 23, 2012 at 10:19 am

If The Young One were 8 years younger, he’d jump at a chance to go to an anime-themed birthday party. PN has her own fan club at our house.
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Lamb StewMy Profile

23 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 10:46 am

That’s too funny that our kids have the same interests, despite their age differences. Again just confirms we’re sisters from another mother! ;)

24 VandyJ October 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

We are still batting around ideas for Turbo’s birthday party next May. He really wants a big party, but has yet to settle on a theme. Legos is a big front runner, but then he will want to go somewhere and then he just wants a general party. He doesn’t have definite ideas like PN, but as we get closer, that may change.
VandyJ would like you to read…Randomish TuesdayMy Profile

25 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

I end up with the same sort of battles with Princess Nagger, too – she’s queen of changing her mind all the time! :) I’ll be curious to see what Turbo settles on for May. :)

26 Mom in High Heels October 23, 2012 at 10:57 am

I’m alive!
I love that she’s dressing up as…um, what’s her name, from HG. Very creative. Indy is going to be a dementor. He was Harry Potter last year (and quite a good one), but this year felt the need for something darker. Han Solo is scared to death of him. Fantastic.
After reading this, I’m so glad I have boys. Once Indy gets an idea for his b-day party in his head it usually only changes once, and then at least 3-4 months before said party, so I at least have some time. love the Hunger Games idea, but yeah, probably not everyone would appreciate it. You could teach them archery! How cool would that be?
PN is quite the artist. I’m impressed with her sketch.
I’ve never heard of Body by Vi. Must investigate.
Mom in High Heels would like you to read…RTT: Mom in High Heels is back, with a mac and a stack…of randomsMy Profile

27 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm

*whew!* I’m glad you’re alive, MiHH! ;) Isn’t it funny how as our kids are getting older, they want to dress up scarier? PN wanted to dress up as some crazy character from Soul Eater, but I talked her into Katniss instead. Might be the last year I’ll be able to influence her like that! :)

Oooh! I like the idea of teaching the party participants archery – definitely adding that to the list for next year’s party.

I’ll pass along your kudos to PN about her sketch – she loves being the recipient of compliments! She even commented on last week’s WW post – she might end up leaving a comment here later this week…

Body by Vi is quite tasty – I have to resist the urge to drink it all day! :)

28 diane October 23, 2012 at 11:15 am

If my life was even 1/4 as busy as yours I would drop. Good luck with all of it. I can’t believe you can do all of that stuff and write about it too. *hugs* xo d

29 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm

AHAHAHA diane! We don’t want you dropping. ;) And thanks for the hugs, they’re always welcome (and needed more often than not!) :)

30 Nicely Composed October 23, 2012 at 11:56 am

I can’t believe halloween is so close! I have had alot of friends trying the body by Vi…. I haven’t tried it though.
Nicely Composed would like you to read…BLAH BLAH BLAHMy Profile

31 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 4:03 pm

It’s crazy how fast this year is speeding by, isn’t it? How have your friends liked the Body by Vi? I think it’s quite tasty – I’m hoping I do better this week than last week, but I’m sticking with it! ;)

32 becca October 23, 2012 at 12:03 pm

i’ve come to the conclusion PN and Little man would make great friends they are alot alike in their free spirit
becca would like you to read…Beauty Blogger VoxBox 2012My Profile

33 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I have no doubt PN and Little Man would get along famously, becca! Wouldn’t they be a riot to watch interact with each other? Never a dull moment! :)

34 Tina October 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Princess Nagger is terrific! So creative–writing her own book, and illustrating it, too! You might try Etsy for the party favors–that’s where we found some Ninjago related items.
Tina would like you to read…Random GratefulnessMy Profile

35 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Tina! PN is quite pleased with herself. ;) I have looked on Etsy for party favors – found lots for the Hunger Games party for next year, but none of Warrior Cats. Maybe I should make some and open my own Etsy shop! LOL!

36 Storm, the Psychotic Housewife October 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Can’t wait to see photos of the costume! Yes, I agree, hosting the party would be way more suitable out here with the greenery. Good luck with the Warrior Cats party – want to borrow a few black cats as living models? LOL
Storm, the Psychotic Housewife would like you to read…Random Thoughts Tuesday – Bring On The Clearance!My Profile

37 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm

The forest-type areas would definitely be more conducive to having a genuine pretend Hunger Games scenario out there, wouldn’t it? It was one of the selling points to Princess Nagger about waiting until next year. ;) Sure, we could use all the black cats we can get! ;)

38 Andrea October 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I love the angry/warrior combo!!!!
Andrea would like you to read…Random linksMy Profile

39 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Thanks Andrea! The effort was worth the accolades from you. ;) And, because you can never hear it too much, Happy Birthday!! :)

40 Michele October 23, 2012 at 6:06 pm

PN sure has a vivid imagination. That is a good thing! What is the Dude going as again?

In order to lose weight I should really give up wine…Nah, not going to happen.

41 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:18 pm

PN definitely has a vivid imagination, doesn’t she? She always keeps me on my toes! :) Little Dude will be going as a 3D Lightning McQueen again this year, and since he’s a little bigger than last year, the costume will fit better. :)

Wine is definitely never going to be on my ‘give up’ list. Heh.

42 Jessica October 23, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I’m relatively new to your blog and I have been really enjoying it! I found you from my Mum over at BlueMonkeyButt and linked up for my first RTT. I think PN’s costume sounds fantastic! We’re still not sure what we’re going to end up doing for Halloween over here.

43 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Welcome, Jessica! I love your mom, so I imagine I’ll love you, too. ;) You haven’t figured out what you’re doing for Halloween yet? Better get busy! ;) I’m off to pay you a visit in 5…4…3…2… Now! :)

44 Impulsive Addict October 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Who doesn’t like you? (I was reading the comment before mine). Isn’t that nice to hear? We all love your blog!

A Hunger Games themed party would be AWESOME! I can’t wait to see the next installment! I need to find a book to read that is JUST AS GOOD as that one! Stupid Young Adult books. I’m a grown woman!

Angry birds stuff is EVERYWHERE lately! Or maybe I’m just now noticing it. Anyway, I think it sounds perfect!

Congrats on not gaining weight! I drink the Vi shakes too. Not as often as I did before the baby bump. It’s what will help me take the weight off HOPEFULLY! =)
xoxo
Impulsive Addict would like you to read…Embracing the Embarrassment for TTUT.My Profile

45 Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) October 23, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Awwwww! You’re making me blush, IA! :)

I’m actually looking forward to putting together a Hunger Games party for PN next year – I’m almost sorry I talked her out of it for this year (mostly because it would actually be much easier than a Warrior Cats party…heh!)

There has been a recent explosion of Angry Birds stuff – I wish PN had stuck to that for her party, but Nooooo…she has to be different and creative, which means I have to be creative to put together something. Luckily she’s apparently making her own ‘schedule of events’ for party day – I’ll be curious to see what she has in mind. ;)

Oooh! I didn’t know you were drinking Vi shakes! That just adds to the Vi coolness factor. ;)

46 Cathy Kennedy October 24, 2012 at 11:07 am

I’m so like you when it comes to weight loss. If the scales aren’t going to go down then I’d rather stay the same. No progress is better than a set back any day. Thanks for hosting!

47 Jennifer October 24, 2012 at 2:00 pm

It’s official: PN is the coolest girl ever. Anime? Writing her own books? Wow! She’s inspiring ME to get of my butt and do something with my life! LOL!
Jennifer would like you to read…Where Are You Fall? – WWMy Profile

48 Elle October 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Thanks for linking us up. I knew Tuesday morning went way smoother than normal and I had forgotten to do something ;)

PN’s imagination is amazing, but it’s sure hard to be the mom trying to make costumes, birthday cakes, and arrange parties around that elaborate imagination. I know how specific J-Man can be. Good luck with all the party planning!
Elle would like you to read…What The Hell Wednesday-Texas Roadhouse Birthday HellMy Profile