Jambalaya Wanted Fake I.D. to Party Like Cowboyz – but Don’t You Worry Child, Take These Things To Heart remembering Ronan

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on September 17, 2012 · 17 comments

in Monday Hops,Monday's Music Moves Me,Music Monday

Can you believe there are less than 100 days until Christmas?  I know, me either.  Usually I’m well on my way for getting things organized or gifts purchased so that I’m done by Thanksgiving.  That way I can simply enjoy the season between Thanksgiving and Christmas (read: relax and drink wine), but this year I suspect I’ll be at it until the very last minute.  Might as well procrastinate yet another day and enjoy some music since it is Monday, right?

It’s a freebie week, so you get to enjoy the eclectic mode my brain is usually in when it comes to choosing songs I like – since I definitely have an eclectic taste.  In music, too.

Let’s start off with one of my favorite artists, who just had a birthday last weekend.  I had no idea he was only turning 21.  Twenty-One, y’all.  He’s just a baby.  But a very talented one.

I ran across a video of him from seventeen years ago at the age of four performing with Hank Williams Jr. – no wonder I didn’t realize how young he really is from his recent performances, the boy owned the stage at four.  Here’s Hunter Heyes with Hank Williams Jr. performing “Jambalaya”:

And so you can see how his talent only continued to get better with ‘age’, here’s Hunter Heyes again with one of his more recent hits, “Wanted”:

Next is a duo I’ve featured before, but since they’re releasing a new album tomorrow, I thought it only fitting to find a recent fun one of theirs.  Here’s Big & Rich featuring Gretchen Wilson with “Fake I.D.”:

And here’s just a teaser of their newest song, being released on their newest CD tomorrow, here’s Big & Rich again with “Party Like Cowboyz Teaser”:

Because of my Swedish roots, I’ve always enjoyed this next group.  Sadly they’re either on their Farewell Tour or finishing it up – either way, they’re creative music will be missed.  Unless they’re at least planning on writing and producing more – they haven’t made any announcements yet.  Here’s a song from their Farewell Tour, give a listen to Swedish House Mafia (featuring John Martin) with “Don’t You Worry Child”:

Next is an artist who I’ve been enjoying listening to lately – after being introduced to her music by way of ABC Family’s Switched at Birth. You know how it is, you hear a song that gives you goosebumps and you have to do a search to find it.

Not only did I find the song I was looking for, but enjoyed even more of her music and found that she’s also part of a band, The Rescues, who are working on their newest album independently. And they’re all very cool. For your enjoyment, here’s Kyler England with “Take These Things To Heart”:

And finally, because it is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, this next song is a must.  Get the Kleenex ready.  I’m serious.  Written for a  4 year old boy called Ronan who passed away from a battle with Cancer, this single was written after the bighearted artist read the blog by Ronan’s mother – she used (with permission) the mother’s own words from her blog to create this beautiful and heart wrenching song.  And, all proceeds for the sale of the single go to Cancer related charities.

Here’s the beautiful and bighearted Taylor Swift with “Ronan”:

Excuse me while I go dry my eyes.  Have a great Monday.

Now on to the particulars of Monday’s Music Move’s Me:

Photobucket

I have the supreme honor and privilege of being a co-host with the inimitable Xmas Dolly and her cohorts in crime, Lorie of The Shewbridges of Celebration, Florida, Callie from JAmericanSpice, Cathy from Cathy Kennedy’s Blog and our very special co-conductor for the month of September, Becca of Everyday Life.

Want to join in the fun? It’s easy – just find a tune that rocks your boat, post it and link up – don’t forget to grab Xmas Dolly…er, um, I mean her button…over at her place here. Check out Xmas Dolly’s sidebar for the random themes we sport each week – and you can always ask for a specific theme of music you like, too. Check out the other music lovahs and let’s jam!

Spotlight Dancers
INTRODUCING OUR “SPOTLIGHT DANCER”:

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

The awesome Run DMT also hosts Music Monday (who graciously helps out with our hostessing every time we need it, and who I had the privilege of meeting in person at BlogHer – she’s even more adorable than I imagined):

More Monday Hops – hop along, won’t you?

The Things We Find Inside

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 TracyAnn0312 September 17, 2012 at 4:35 am

I do agree with you. It’s been months past since we last celebrated Christmas and I cannot believe that it is very near again. I love all the videos you have shared. Thanks for sharing.
TracyAnn0312 would like you to read…קורס מסאגMy Profile

2 Wayne September 17, 2012 at 6:15 am

The fake ID song is really fun.
Wayne would like you to read…Monday Quiz About MeMy Profile

3 Cathy Kennedy September 17, 2012 at 6:53 am

The year is evaporating before our eyes and Lucy’s Reality stated something similar in her post this morning on how we’re rushing the seasons. Wasn’t Christmas only yesterday? It sure feels like it at times.

I became a John Rich fan when he was on Celebrity Apprentice. I never paid much attention to him until that time. He’s very talented and his style of country is new school for sure, which I totally dig!

Ah, Taylor did a fabulous, thoughtful job on this little song. I’m with you, Stacy, wiping my wet eyes. It’s so painful to think of another mother going through something like this because each one of us secretly think, “This could be me.” which none of us want. God bless this family and the song’s proceeds. I would love it if a cure is found for cancer. Maybe, someday it will be!

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful freebie selections!
Cathy Kennedy would like you to read…Great choices Cathy – Have a great week xMy Profile

4 stevebethere September 17, 2012 at 6:59 am

Good choices I particularly like Taylor Swift :-)

Have a good week ;-)
stevebethere would like you to read…Music Monday | Move In A Little Closer BabyMy Profile

5 Lucy September 17, 2012 at 8:32 am

What a tear jerker at the end, drying my eyes now. I do have to admit I am still in summer mode and haven’t even thought of Christmas,yikes!
Oh, I loved the Swedish House Mafia song, they are good, hopefully they keep writing, hard to see such talent end.
Have a great week :)
Lucy would like you to read…Are You Enjoying Your Life Journey?My Profile

6 claire September 17, 2012 at 8:58 am

I really can’t believe Hunter Hayes is only 21. That’s insane! I dig his music though; think he’s going to be really successful. happy Monday!
claire would like you to read…MMMM + Busy weekendMy Profile

7 Alexis AKA MOM September 17, 2012 at 10:04 am

Oh Girlie that last one … beautiful song and way to honor a memory!
Alexis AKA MOM would like you to read…Time to make treats againMy Profile

8 Artsnark September 17, 2012 at 10:29 am

I am guaranteed to hear something new-to-me when I pop by here – thanks for that! Hope you are off to a fantastic week
Artsnark would like you to read…Music Monday – Coffee with EluvietieMy Profile

9 Anne September 17, 2012 at 11:24 am

I can’t believe Christmas is looming. I guess I better start thinking about gifts.
Anne would like you to read…Meow Monday: Glasses in the Small TownMy Profile

10 becca September 17, 2012 at 12:28 pm

shhh don’t say that out loud about Christmas i’m so not ready. as always you picked some of my favorite songs i’m currently hooked on Little big town Pontoon
becca would like you to read…I AuditionedMy Profile

11 Danielle September 17, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Just loved your selections for today, and yes, I had to dry my eyes, too.
Danielle would like you to read…Clipa – The Instant Handbag Hanger – Review and Giveaway – ends 10/8My Profile

12 Naila Moon September 17, 2012 at 6:59 pm

As nephew fought against cancer and is winning, the last song is totally heart felt.
All of your songs I have not heard which is why I like freebie weeks!
I cannot believe how quickly time has flown this year either. Wow!
~Naila Moon
Naila Moon would like you to read…Mondays Music…Sept. 17, 2012My Profile

13 RoryBore September 17, 2012 at 9:16 pm

The more videos I see from Big & Rich, the more I like them. They are fun!!
But I cannot watch the Taylor Swift “Ronan” again. Oh my, I bawled for a good 40 minutes after she did it live during the Stand Up to Cancer tv show. It’s such an achingly beautiful song… but so hard to listen to if you have kids.
RoryBore would like you to read…4M: Got the Look!My Profile

14 Xmasdolly September 17, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Look at little Hunter all grown up! Dang Girl! I saw the little guy before, but hubba hubba he’s still as cute as he ever was! Great voice too. Love your other choices all though new to me, but gettin’ down with your bad self as usual. Rock on Sister!
Xmasdolly would like you to read…MUSIC FREES THE SOUL ON MONDAY’S MUSIC MOVES ME!My Profile

15 JamericanSpice / Colette S September 18, 2012 at 1:01 am

Dahlin, I don’t even want to think about Christmas right now :)

I enjoyed these! Rocking outttt!

Enjoy your week girl.
JamericanSpice / Colette S would like you to read…Without You – 4MsMy Profile

16 shakira September 18, 2012 at 7:06 am

You truly know your music!!! I am so impressed. Love all your selections! Mine is here
Have you a TRULY BLESSED WEEK!!!
hugs
shakira
shakira would like you to read…MONDAY MUSIC ROCKS MY WORLD- I heart NE-YOMy Profile

17 Hazel September 18, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Son of a gun! What a little superstar. And oh no, I didn’t know that or I totally forgot. Unlikely for someone like me who lives where it’s officially Christmas when the months start ending in ‘ber.’

P.S. My connection was so slow when I started commenting on MMMM friends’ posts yesterday. Sorry I’m late.
Hazel would like you to read…Jane Austen Jigsaw PuzzleMy Profile