Future Author

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on September 19, 2012 · 21 comments

One day last week Princess Nagger announced out of the blue:

“I’m going to write a book.”

At which time she collected her notebook and went off to a quiet corner and started to write.  By the time she was waiting for the bus the next morning, she already had the first chapter written, complete with illustrations:

Her only worry was that she’d have to give up her original hand-written manuscript when she wants to get it published.  The story she’s written so far is actually really good – I’ll be sure to share a snippet when she’s ready to share.

So far the first chapter is engaging and riveting – with a myriad of fantastical creatures in an amazingly descriptive fantasy world.  She could end up being the next JK Rowling – or her favorite, Erin Hunter.

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

For Wordless Wednesday, be sure to visit Wordless Wednesday, Go Graham Go, and JollyMom for more great Wordless Wednesday Posts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 Charlotte September 19, 2012 at 3:31 am

Sounds exciting! Can’t wait to read it!
Charlotte would like you to read…Fun Photo Fun – Life’s A BeachMy Profile

2 TracyAnn0312 September 19, 2012 at 5:08 am

These sounds very exciting. I think that your daughter has the hidden talent. Thanks for sharing the story.
TracyAnn0312 would like you to read…יחסיםMy Profile

3 Run DMT September 19, 2012 at 6:25 am

She is such an amazing little girl. I hope she sticks with it and when she becomes a famous author, she remembers all the little people who encouraged and admired her when she was just a young PN.
Run DMT would like you to read…Guess Who?My Profile

4 becca September 19, 2012 at 7:20 am

go for her tell her i want a signed copy when it’s published Come Say HI
becca would like you to read…SettlingMy Profile

5 claire September 19, 2012 at 8:26 am

That was me as a kid: I was constantly writing and what do you know? I became an English major.
claire would like you to read…All manner of WORDS WednesdayMy Profile

6 secret mom thoughts September 19, 2012 at 8:28 am

Very cool that she is writing her own book. I can’t wait to read some.
secret mom thoughts would like you to read…Protecting the UniverseMy Profile

7 Fatima Hipolito September 19, 2012 at 8:37 am

Wow thats a great opportunity for her.. keep it up…
Fatima Hipolito would like you to read…רב לייטמןMy Profile

8 SueAnn September 19, 2012 at 9:07 am

Good for her.
Hugs

9 Jen September 19, 2012 at 10:31 am

So cute! I love a take charge girl who knows what she wants to do and does it!
Jen would like you to read…My Week(s) Through InstagramMy Profile

10 Jan's Sushi Bar September 19, 2012 at 10:56 am

Can I have an autographed copy when it comes out??? Pretty please?
Jan’s Sushi Bar would like you to read…Delicata Squash with Apples and Chili SpicesMy Profile

11 Xmasdolly September 19, 2012 at 11:55 am

Boy, she’s just a little go getter! Such is a child’s mind, and she may be writing a really good book. Who knows maybe you’ll have an author/celebrity in the family. Something tells me Mom she can really do it and it might be worth your while to have it looked at for potential. Have a great day!
Xmasdolly would like you to read…CAMPUS BOOK RENTALS REVIEWMy Profile

12 MommaBird September 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm

That’s wonderful and such a good thing to encourage her writing. Perhaps later in life she’ll be a writer and blogger :)
MommaBird would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday : CheeseMy Profile

13 angie September 19, 2012 at 1:12 pm

And none of us have any doubts that she’ll complete it! :)
angie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday-Soccer MomMy Profile

14 Heather's Happenings September 19, 2012 at 1:53 pm

How exciting! I can’t wait to read her story!
Heather’s Happenings would like you to read…#WW Fall Decor And New KittyMy Profile

15 kyooty September 19, 2012 at 2:05 pm

YAY!!! :) just photo copy it before sending it on. :)
kyooty would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday 10yrolds are crazy!My Profile

16 Kate - Truth Freedom Love September 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I’ve got a daughter who writes also — I simply adore her stories and witnessing their creation <3
Kate – Truth Freedom Love would like you to read…W.W. Summer 2012 … Yeah, it was kinda like this, only more, way moreMy Profile

17 Camille September 19, 2012 at 6:13 pm

That is awesome! You must be so proud. :)
Camille would like you to read…[Mostly] Wordless Wednesday!My Profile

18 Sprite's Keeper September 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm

That’s awesome! I wrote a romance novel when I was a teenager, pretty terrible plot, now that I think about it, but I was proud of it at the time. :-)
Sprite’s Keeper would like you to read…Spin Cycle: And the year’s only just begun…My Profile

19 VandyJ September 20, 2012 at 10:20 am

Last year in school, Turbo had to write a story, illustrate it and put it all in a blank book. The story he came up with was better than I expected. I played task master the weekend he brought it home so he would get it done and it turned out really nice over all.
Looking forward to seeing what PN has come up with–the imagination of kids amazes me sometimes.
VandyJ would like you to read…Spin Cycle–You Can’t Go Homa AgainMy Profile

20 Pearl September 20, 2012 at 8:47 pm

She may not have to loose the handwriting. Wish I could recall the book I saw in mainstream stores that’s all handwritten.
Pearl would like you to read…TacosMy Profile

21 Herding Cats September 21, 2012 at 11:29 am

Lovely post and lovely pictures. I look forward to buying her book when it’s published ;)
Herding Cats would like you to read…Fun Photo Fun – WeedMy Profile