It’s Tuesday already – literally, as it’s after midnight and I’m just now getting around to writing this. I miscalculated on how long it would take me to bottle 60 bottles of wine. From start to finish 6 hours.
The details can be so time consuming – sanitizing all the equipment, sanitizing 62 bottles, racking then filtering then finally bottling and corking. But it’s worth it, even though my back is killing me and my arm feels like it’s going to fall off. I’ll post a picture tomorrow of the sea of bottles after I get them all labeled up.
Let’s see what made me smile this past month (well, OK, they’re all from the beginning of July, but since I haven’t had a chance to share them yet, now is as good a time as any):
1. Being able to make my infamous BBQ Ribs for my brother and his family plus my parents – and getting my brother to cook them on his funky grill/smoker thingy while I admire the view of Puget Sound from his deck:
2. Having my dad’s brain surgery go very well – and see him getting around with only one cane (instead of two) just 3 days after his surgery). Plus having him and my hubby get along famously (though my paparazzi actions were apparently getting annoying…heh):
3. Watching the kids enjoy my favorite past-time – climbing trees:
6. Spending (long overdue) quality time with my parents (today’s my mom’s birthday – be sure to say “Happy Birthday, Stacia” in the comments – I’ll pass your wishes along):
7. Finalizing the adoption for Little Dude (yep, it’s a done deal – I’ll be writing all about that journey at some point, now that I no longer have a confidentiality clause to worry about):
8. Having the rare opportunity to get a partial family picture (guess I should have brought a tripod):
9. My brother being goofy always makes me smile – especially when he’s wielding a giant bottle of wine:
10. The sunset over Puget Sound always makes me smile. I can’t wait to move back there next year to enjoy it on a regular basis:
That’s a wrap for this week. It’s been a flurry of activity trying to get everything done and get ready to head off to New York tomorrow – the hubby will have his work cut out for him, as I have never gone running off and left him here to deal with the kids solo. Think I should leave him a list to make life easier for him? Or should we let him get baptized with fire instead?
Don’t forget to link up, hop around and most importantly have fun.
Keeping the random alive – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:
And one for my non-wino friends:
Once again I’m hopping aboard this fun friendly train – if you’re traveling on the train, be sure to leave your link so I can follow you back!
More Tuesday hops – if you’re stopping by here from there, please do me a favor and follow via LinkyFollowers – since I was robbed of my GFC followers when the cads at Goggle decided to boycott non-Blogger blogs.