I’m doing things a little easier (for me) while still being random on the fly since we’re still traveling this week. Especially since the lack of sleep is causing my brain to revolt in the creativity mode. And the frustration of the horrendous internet connection I was counting on before descending into the abyss of no connection at all is disappointing at best.
You’d think that if you have to pay a fee for 24 hours of internet access at the motel you just paid more than you should have for the privilege of staying there that the internet should be free. I suppose in this case, you get what you pay for.
But I digress. And this is supposed to be a smiling post, so we’ll shelve the internet fiasco for after I get back. Meanwhile, here’s what has me smiling this week:
1. Relatively clear weather that makes driving long distances that much easier and more pleasant to do:
2. So far we’ve only had to drive through one thunder storm – the light show not only made both Princess Nagger and I smile, but we tried our best to capture the lightning with our cameras, and while neither of us was successful, we still had fun trying:
3. Seeing that Princess Nagger still has a passion for dinosaurs and was willing to have her picture taken with a cool statue at a rest area. The rest of those pictures will be coming in another post:
4. Capturing the Welcome to Wyoming sign since I missed all the other signs as we traveled from state to state. If there was one I wanted to get, it was Wyoming. Mission accomplished:
5. Smiling at the heat outside while the air conditioner did its magic keeping us cool:
6. Seeing this scenery and having Princess Nagger exclaim “We’re in the Cretaceous period!” (See number 3 above):
7. Having the supreme honor of meeting a bloggy friend in real life – I’ve been reading Kelly (aka Pooba) since I started my blog in 2008 – she’s been a magnanimous bloggy friend over the years, and I was so excited to meet her. Forgive the blur, I was taking my new little point and shoot for a test drive:
She is such a sweetheart – she had us come over to her house for a barbeque – even though it was after 10:00 at night and we’d been on the road for over 12 hours. I felt bad because I was obviously spaced out from the hours of driving, but it didn’t seem to phase her one little bit. I can’t wait until we get a chance in the future to hang out in non-spaced-out mode in the future.
8. Getting a picture of Princess Nagger with Kelly – it made Princess Nagger’s day, especially since Kelly’s sister Lindsey called Princess Nagger famous:
9. Being goofy – and having photographic evidence of it – always makes me smile:
10. By the time this will post, I’ll have had a chance to spend some time with my best friend near Reno – and get to spend more time with her again today. That will make me smile in a big way. You’ll get to share the smiles next week, too:
That’s a wrap for this week – I apologize in advance for being scarce in my visits, but be sure to link up so I can visit whenever I have an internet connection to do so – and I’ll be replying to your comments when I get home (or if I get a chance, from my phone so I can see how comical the auto-correct will make the replies). Meanwhile, link up, hop around and most importantly have fun.
Keeping the random alive in Keely’s stead – feel free to snag a badge and play along – one for my wino friends:
And one for my non-wino friends: