I’ve mentioned that we are a cereal family. Since we all enjoy our cereal, I’m always trying to find the best value for the price. Which is one of the reasons I split my semi-monthly grocery shopping between Walmart and BJ’s – if you don’t know what BJ’s is, you probably know what Costco or Sam’s Club is – BJ’s is just like either of those. Otherwise known as a ‘big box store’, the kind that always get spoofed on TV in hilarious ways.
The only drawback I’ve seen about buying cereal in a big box store is that it’s a big box with two bags of cereal in the box. Not quite as easy to store when you’re dealing with limited storage space. So when I learned that Cheerios has new packaging – also known as 2 box Cheerios – I was very happy. The kids were super happy when this arrived in the mail:
That’s a lot of Cheerios. But it will be devoured in no time, believe me. What’s cool about the new packaging is:
- By reducing the amount of air in each individual bag, these enhanced containers fit 10% more cereal than before and use less packaging
- While each box contains more cereal, packaging material has been reduced by over 200,000 lbs, saving 1,000 trees and taking 130 Cheerios trucks of the road, decreasing CO2 emissions
Pretty wild, no? Check this out:
How would you like some newly packaged Cheerios?
New and improved 2 box Cheerios are now available on the shelves of Costco, Sam’s Club and BJ’s nationwide.
Two (2) Lucky Stacy Uncorked Readers are eligible to win two new 2-box Club pack Cheerios (four boxes total per winner):
(must be completed before any extra entries are valid) Leave a comment letting me know what your favorite cereal – or other breakfast food – is.
If your email address is not visible in your profile, you must include it in your comments (or send it to me in an email if you don’t want to publicly display it).
Extra entry options: (these are optional – increase your chance to win!)
- Follow me on Google+ – 1 entry
- Follow me on LinkyFollowers – 3 entries – leave 3 comments
- Follow me in Pinterest – 1 entry
- Subscribe by email (must activate) or add to your Google Reader – 2 entries – leave 2 comments
- Become my facebook friend – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow my Networked Blog on Facebook – 1 entry
- “Like” Stacy’s Random Thoughts (yeah, I can’t seem to change it to Stacy Uncorked) on Facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me on twitter – @RandomCoolChick and tweet the giveaway – 1 entry (may be done once daily-leave direct url to tweet)
#Win 4 Boxes of Cheerios in the new convenient club pack @ StacyUncorked #giveaway @RandomCoolChick http://stacysrandomthoughts.com/?p=17264
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Add my button to your blog – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
- Join my Blog Frog Community – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
You have until Midnight EDT on May 20, 2012 to enter. One lucky winner will be randomly selected using the “And The Winner Is” plug-in. I will email the winner who will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or a new winner will be chosen. Open to U.S. residents. Good luck!
CONGRATS to the winners:
A big thank you to MyBlogSpark and General Mills for providing the product for review as well as the prize packs for giveaway. No other compensation was received for this post implied or otherwise. The opinions are all mine and not influenced by any outside sources. See my Disclosure Policy here.