Milk is a regular staple in our household. We’re lucky that none of us are lactose intolerant, I always feel sorry for those that are when they can’t enjoy dairy products like we enjoy our milk. My brother was a milkaholic – he used to drink a gallon of milk a day. Crazy, right? He did find he had to cut back as he got older, apparently he was starting to become intolerant from his overindulgence.
I make sure the kids have at least one glass of milk a day, it’s the perfect accompaniment to their eggs and toast or mini pancakes. It’s a no-brainer when they have it with cereal. Sometimes Princess Nagger prefers to eat her milk ‘dry’, with a cold glass of milk on the side.
When they were younger I was always buying two different kinds of milk – whole milk for them, 2% milk for the hubby and I. Unfortunately trying to get any of us to drink 1% or fat-free milk wasn’t happening – we all pretty much looked at it as ‘watered-down’ milk.
Until we found Over the Moon Milk, that is.
It has 34% more calcium and 37% more protein plus Vitamin D in the low-fat and 1% versions; 45% more calcium and 37% more protein plus Vitamin D in the Chocolate version (with no high fructose corn syrup – which makes me happy, and the kids extra happy, since they love chocolate milk). No artificial hormones either, so I’m definitely sold. Plus it doesn’t taste like watered-down milk. At all. Which means the kids and hubby happily drink it up without protest.
- Milk is an excellent post exercise beverage
- Milk helps in acidity and gastric ulcers, especially cold milk.
- Milk with pepper and turmeric helps to fight cough, asthma and allergy
- Milk with honey boost the immune system, to fight against infection
You’ve all heard the phrase “Drink milk, it does the body good”. With Over the Moon Milk, it should be “Drink Over the Moon Milk, it does the body better”. Do you drink milk regularly?
Just because you’re special, three (3) Lucky Stacy Uncorked Readers are eligible to win this cool Over the Moon Sipper Cup (I know Princess Nagger will probably want to snag it as soon as it gets here):
(must be completed before any extra entries are valid) Leave a comment letting
me know if you do Fish Friday as a regular thing like hubby’s family did growing up, or what your favorite fish or seafood dish is.
ETA: Oops, I left the question in for my other giveaway – I’m surprised nobody mentioned how odd that question is… So the answers still count, and if you want to answer that one to enter, knock yourself out. Otherwise, the question you can answer is do you prefer whole milk, 2%, 1% or fat free? I’m also extending this giveaway a few days so the new end date is April 18th. Good Luck!
If your email address is not visible in your profile, you must include it in your comments (or send it to me in an email if you don’t want to publicly display it).
Extra entry options: (these are optional – increase your chance to win!)
- Follow me on Google+ – 1 entry
- Follow me on LinkyFollowers – 3 entries – leave 3 comments
- Follow me in Pinterest – 1 entry
- Subscribe by email (must activate) or add to your Google Reader – 2 entries – leave 2 comments
- Become my facebook friend – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow my Networked Blog on Facebook – 1 entry
- “Like” Stacy’s Random Thoughts (yeah, I can’t seem to change it to Stacy Uncorked) on Facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- “Like” Over the Moon Milks on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow me on twitter – @RandomCoolChick and tweet the giveaway – 1 entry (may be done once daily-leave direct url to tweet)
#Win Cool Over the Moon Sipper Cup @ Stacy Uncorked #giveaway @RandomCoolChick @OverTheMoonMilk http://stacysrandomthoughts.com/?p=16822
- Follow Over the Moon Milk on Twitter (1 entry)
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Add my button to your blog – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
- Join my Blog Frog Community – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
You have until Midnight EST on April 18, 2012 to enter. Three (3) lucky winners will be randomly selected using the “And The Winner Is” plug-in. I will email the winners who will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or new winners will be chosen. Open to U.S. residents. Good luck!
I was provided free products thanks to the generosity of Over the Moon Milk, along with their offer for three (3) of my lucky readers to receive the cool Sipper Cup. No other compensation was received for this post implied or otherwise. The opinions are all mine and not influenced by any outside sources. See my Disclosure Policy here.
Tags: chocolate milk, cold milk, Giveaway, Over the Moon Milk, Review, vitamin d, whole milk