Friday dinner at our house always consists of some type of fish. The hubby grew up with Fish Fridays at his house, so after we got married I incorporated it into our menu planning as well. Trying to create unique and different fish dishes each Friday was a challenge – I didn’t want to serve the same old thing every Friday night, because that would be boring.
I prefer not to do boring.
Trying to get the kids interested in the succulent Mahi Mahi or Tilapia or Salmon dishes I was creating was an even bigger challenge, but fish sticks they were all over. I’ve tried many different brands, but Gorton’s is head and shoulders (or would that be fins?) above the competition in taste, texture and overall yumminess.
Then I discovered that Gorton’s isn’t just fish sticks – in actuality, Gorton’s is so much more than fish sticks. It was nice to see that they offer a wide variety of flame-grilled seafood options (a natural source of omega-3 and only 80 to 130 calories per serving) delicious products for us grownups, too:
From the beloved breaded and battered tenders, to nutritious Grilled Fish and Shrimp to all new products like the super tasty Sandwich Fillets and the absolutely scrumptious Skillet Crisp, there is something for everyone.
I always have some of the Grilled Tilapia and Grilled Salmon in my freezer for those days I want something light, simple and delicious for a quick lunch – 5 minutes in the microwave with a side of rice or veggies and I’m all set.
They have some great recipes on their website, too – I never have to worry about ‘boring’ Fish Friday again. I’m personally looking forward to trying out this recipe:
12 oz Gorton’s Lemon Butter Sauced Shrimp
1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
16 oz stir-fry vegetables, frozen
2 Tbsp scallions, chopped
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 cups white rice, prepared
- Prepare Gorton’s Lemon Butter Sauced Shrimp according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute and sauté vegetables for 5-10 minutes.
- Add scallions and coconut milk to shrimp mixture, serve over rice and enjoy!
Doesn’t that sound delicious? Right now Gorton’s is having a Fisherman’s Friday Sweepstakes with new prizes every week. The sweepstakes is open to residents of the U.S. 18+ and you can enter every week until Tuesday, May 8th. The grand prize is a $5,000 gift card and one-year supply of Gorton’s Seafood (Retail Value $5,260).
Three (3) Lucky Stacy Uncorked Readers are eligible to win two (2) coupons each to try Gorton’s products for FREE.
(must be completed before any extra entries are valid) Leave a comment letting me know if you do Fish Friday as a regular thing like hubby’s family did growing up, or what your favorite fish or seafood dish is.
If your email address is not visible in your profile, you must include it in your comments (or send it to me in an email if you don’t want to publicly display it).
Extra entry options: (these are optional – increase your chance to win!)
- Follow me on Google+ – 1 entry
- Follow me on LinkyFollowers – 3 entries – leave 3 comments
- Follow me in Pinterest – 1 entry
- Subscribe by email (must activate) or add to your Google Reader – 2 entries – leave 2 comments
- Become my facebook friend – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow my Networked Blog on Facebook – 1 entry
- “Like” Stacy’s Random Thoughts (yeah, I can’t seem to change it to Stacy Uncorked) on Facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me on twitter – @RandomCoolChick and tweet the giveaway – 1 entry (may be done once daily-leave direct url to tweet)
#Win 2 Coupons to try Gorton’s Products for FREE @ Stacy Uncorked #giveaway @RandomCoolChick http://stacysrandomthoughts.com/?p=16800
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Add my button to your blog – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
- Join my Blog Frog Community – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
You have until Midnight EST on April 15, 2012 to enter. Three (3) lucky winners will be randomly selected using the “And The Winner Is” plug-in. I will email the winners who will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or new winners will be chosen. Open to U.S. residents. Good luck!
ETA: CONGRATULATIONS to the winners:
Here’s a PDF version of the recipe above just for you:
Don’t forget to enter their sweepstakes (no purchase necessary):
I was provided 2 coupons of my own for free Gorton’s products thanks to the generosity of Gorton’s, along with Six (6) coupons for free products for three (3) of my lucky readers. No other compensation was received for this post implied or otherwise. The opinions are all mine and not influenced by any outside sources. See my Disclosure Policy here.