Signs of Spring At Last

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on March 14, 2012 · 38 comments

We’ve had a freaky winter.  On most days it felt like spring rather than winter, but with all the plant life in hibernation, not having the snow we’re used to this year, made winter extra drab and boring.

Now we’re having a week of weather we normally see in May rather than March, with temps in the 70′s.  If it would stay that way throughout the summer, I’d be one happy camper.  Here’s hoping it doesn’t mean extremely hot and humid trend for the summer, because that would mean endless bad hair days.

But with the even warmer-than-normal weather, finally we’re seeing some signs of life to alleviate the drabness:

Oh yeah. I’m ready for more color.  Bring on the spring.  Are you ready for spring, or has it already sprung in your neighborhood?

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

. For Wordless Wednesday, be sure to visit Wordless Wednesday, Go Graham Go, and JollyMom for more great Wordless Wednesday Posts.

. I’m also participating in Random Deals Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop:

Random Deals

Oh, and as an aside, Google Friend Connect is gone, since the cads at Google have boycotted non-Blogger blogs. So if you could do me a teensy tiny favor and re-follow me on LinkyFollowers, I’ll love you forever (and follow you back):

Tags: , , , , , ,

1 Xmasdolly March 14, 2012 at 12:06 am

The only Spring I’ve seen is kids playing soccer, kids at the playgrounds, more mothers walking their babies, and me walking my fat dog. I have a park across the street from me so it’s really cool to hear everything going on from kids yelling and whistles blowing. No baseball games yet, but soon. I even saw two people playing tennis today. Ohhhhhhhhh I remember when, but for now I’m walking here… walking…. and walking… walking and more walking.
Xmasdolly would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday & Black & WhiteMy Profile

2 Ai Sakura March 14, 2012 at 12:53 am

yay love 4 season!
Ai Sakura would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday {linky party}: Danboard Kiss Kiss | Week 11My Profile

3 Mrs. Marine March 14, 2012 at 2:50 am

I’m missing the change in seasons… I guess we kind of have spring when it’s the rainy season, spring and summer is all I get. I miss seeing Tulips and squirrels…

Aloha! Mrs. Marine
& the Tiny Troops

Mrs. Marine would like you to read…10 Year Wedding Anniversary! March 16th ~ Wordless Wednesday ~ Link-upMy Profile

4 Tracyann0312 March 14, 2012 at 3:01 am

At last it is spring. I have been waiting it after my nightmare from the last year due to winter season. You can now see beautiful flowers grow during this season.
Tracyann0312 would like you to read…לימודי אילוף כלביםMy Profile

5 SueAnn March 14, 2012 at 4:46 am

I am so ready for spring!!! Sigh
Hugs
SueAnn

6 Meryl March 14, 2012 at 7:07 am

Here too… I just LOVE this time of year. Daffodils make me so happy!!!! Thanks for hosting, have a great week.
Meryl would like you to read…Interpretations, Ideas, and InspirationMy Profile

7 DanaB March 14, 2012 at 8:46 am

While the winter was mild, I am more than ready for spring to stay! My daffodils and tulips are up, hopefully blooming soon!

Thanks for sharing your spots of color today :)

~~
DanaB would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Raindrops on RosesMy Profile

8 Elaine March 14, 2012 at 9:11 am

Spring has been in full swing here for a while! My neighbors tulips were out at Valentine’s! But I’m in the south so… And yeah kinda worried about what Summer is going to bring!! Happy Spring! :)

9 Dominique March 14, 2012 at 9:15 am

Great to see the signs of spring on.. flowers really make the place look so much more “lively”
Dominique would like you to read…Guest Post: Do you have each other’s backs?My Profile

10 Michele March 14, 2012 at 9:32 am

Our wildflowers are just starting to bloom. I can’t wait!

11 Semi Domesticated Mama March 14, 2012 at 9:44 am

Oh I am so ready for Spring. I love the flowers and the longer days. Makes me happy! Have a great Wednesday Stacy!
Semi Domesticated Mama would like you to read…Anatomy of an Anxiety DisorderMy Profile

12 Sarah March 14, 2012 at 9:58 am

We’ve had a fairly mild winter, but i’m still looking forward to spring.

Not looking forward to my Hayfever which will come with it though :(
Sarah would like you to read…How I Passed My 17th Edition ExamMy Profile

13 Joyce March 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

Spring sprang early in our neighborhood. In fact some of my flowers have already come and gone.
Joyce would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Purim in IsraelMy Profile

14 Helen March 14, 2012 at 10:02 am

Definitely ready for spring here, and the baseball and time on the patio that comes with it!
Helen would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday {rain’s end}My Profile

15 Jan March 14, 2012 at 10:12 am

We’re having that kind of weather, too, and I have the same fears about summer. We don’t have daffodils yet, but our crocus are in full bloom!
Jan would like you to read…Crawfish EtouffeeMy Profile

16 Susie's Homemade March 14, 2012 at 11:12 am

I am loving it!!
Susie’s Homemade would like you to read…Row CoverMy Profile

17 Jackie March 14, 2012 at 11:15 am

I am so ready for the winter to end! It’s been warm here the last few days and today we’re supposed to hit 72!
Jackie would like you to read…I see the boyMy Profile

18 Melanie March 14, 2012 at 11:16 am

On Monday I noticed my crocuses are blooming. I am super excited for an early spring. Last year’s weather was terrible and this year I am enjoying all of the sunshine and color. :)
Melanie would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday – UpdatedMy Profile

19 hollow tree ventures March 14, 2012 at 11:23 am

We’re just like yours, and my flowers are starting to come up, too! I didn’t miss the snow over the winter, but I am a little afraid of what this summer will bring…
hollow tree ventures would like you to read…A Fork, a Sign, and a Cloud walk into a bar…My Profile

20 Tom/Introducing Mr. Cool March 14, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I’m so glad Spring is almost here. I’m a Spring & Fall kind of guy! Colors Colors Colors that’s what it is all about. Thanks for sharing your pics. Have a great day!
Tom/Introducing Mr. Cool would like you to read…Wordless WednessdayMy Profile

21 Sprite's Keeper March 14, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Yup, spring is sprunging up down here too. Our grass finally needs a mow after 3 months of maybe once or twice. :-)
Sprite’s Keeper would like you to read…Spin Cycle: Tress DistressMy Profile

22 Harriet March 14, 2012 at 11:57 am

I’m gonna have to check my flowers. I know my trees are budding which is cool- even cooler if we don’t get any more snow.

Have a great day Stacy!
Harriet would like you to read…My new obsession..My Profile

23 Julie March 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Wonderful pictures! Spiring is really around the corner! I just can’t wait for it!
Julie would like you to read…dentist surgeryMy Profile

24 Sadie March 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I soooooo love daffodils! What a cheerful usher to Spring!
Sadie would like you to read…railroad park:My Profile

25 Stacey at RealWorldMom March 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Oh, I am definitely ready for spring! We’ve had a taste of it here this week too, and I love it! Just wish I could start planting! Happy WW!
Stacey at RealWorldMom would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday- Just BeachyMy Profile

26 bree March 14, 2012 at 5:17 pm

bring it on! I am sooooo very ready for it.
bree would like you to read…{wordish wednesday}My Profile

27 Mindy March 14, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Spring is starting to peek out here too. We could still get another cold snap though, so it kind of makes me sad to see new life blooming and a frost could steal it away. Can’t wait for the daffodils and tulips though!

Happy WW!

Mindy~
Mindy would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: my, oh my, what a wonderful day.My Profile

28 Anne March 14, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I have enjoyed the warm winter and have enjoyed the last week of 70 degrees even more.
Anne would like you to read…Meow Monday: Fire in the Small TownMy Profile

29 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman March 14, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for coming by each week! I really do appreciate it. I love it when you come for a visit. I’m ready for some Spring time.
@PamelaMKramer – A Renaissance Woman would like you to read…#Wordless Wednesday – Follow The LeaderMy Profile

30 Alicia March 15, 2012 at 1:04 am

I’m so ready for Spring! It was really nice last week, but now it’s supposed to rain for the next few days!!
Alicia would like you to read…Fun In The SunMy Profile

31 KM March 15, 2012 at 1:25 am

Forget spring, I’m so ready for summer! :D
KM would like you to read…HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE WORLDMy Profile

32 Xazmin March 15, 2012 at 2:44 am

Oh I am SO ready for spring! Bring it on baby!
Xazmin would like you to read…BlogworthyMy Profile

33 Amber Lee March 15, 2012 at 7:08 am

We never had spring here in the Philippines because we only have two seasons. I wish someday I will be able to experience this kind of season. I think it would be fun to see flowers bloom and grasses grow greener.

Thanks for sharing!

Amber Lee

34 BZMomma March 15, 2012 at 9:47 am

This winter was “mild”, to say the least…and I, too, fear summer.

Isn’t refreshing to see that pop of color? I’m still tryin’ to find it around us, but I’m sure I’ll find it soon enough.

Thanks for stoppin’ by…off to exchange my kicks for a bigger size today!
BZMomma would like you to read…Where in the World?My Profile

35 Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud March 15, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Love these pics! We’ve had freaky winter weather here in Missouri too! I’m so ready for spring…

Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up. Have a great day!
Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud would like you to read…Missing My Babies {Wordless/Wordful Wednesday}My Profile

36 Amy March 15, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Spring is up and rolling in our area! Even the bluebonnets are already out, scattered across the Texas roadways. They came very early this year.
So glad to see you’re getting signs of spring! :)
Amy would like you to read…meet saltyMy Profile

37 angie March 15, 2012 at 11:18 pm

We’ve got lots of signs of Spring…..not so much bulbs but blossoms on trees, but our weather has been flip flopping around. Lovely photos!
angie would like you to read…Luck IS on my side!My Profile

38 Nicholle Olores March 16, 2012 at 12:29 am

So, the winter is coming and I know everyone will love this. Kids will love winter to. :)
Nicholle Olores would like you to read…Timber Joinery – Learn Why Joinery is the Perfect Addition to Your Home!My Profile