Warrior Cat Entrepreneur

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on February 29, 2012 · 40 comments

Princess Nagger has been thoroughly enjoying The Warrior Cat book series – so much so, that she’s created different versions of the main character, Scourge, in clay form, paper form and even felt form.

Recently she asked me to pick up some kind of cat figure and some paint so she could make an even better Scourge to show her friends.  A black panther seemed to fit the bill, and she got to work to create this:

When she was finished, she was admiring her handiwork (painting a white paw and changing the eyes to the steel blue that Scourge sports) when this conversation took place:

PN:  “I guess I can call this ‘hand painted’ since I painted it…by hand.”

Me:  “Yep, that’s generally what ‘hand painted’ means.  And you did a great job.”

PN:  “I did, didn’t I?  The paw was easy to paint, but the eyes were harder to get just right.”

Me:  “I think it looks great.”

PN:  “Thank you.  Maybe I should buy a whole bunch of cats and hand paint a complete series of Warrior Cats – and sell them.  I could start a business!”

Me:  “You’re a little entrepreneur, aren’t you?”

PN:  “No, I just think it would be fun to make and sell Warrior Cats.  I bet they’d be really popular.”

Me:  “You never know…”

PN:  “So, when can we go buy more cats so I can get started?”

Me:  “…….”

My little Entrepreneur.  What do you think – should we come up with a hypothetical 5-year business plan?

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!

For Wordless Wednesday, be sure to visit Wordless Wednesday, Go Graham Go, and JollyMom for more great Wordless Wednesday Posts.

I’m also participating in Random Deals Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop:

Random Deals

Oh, and as an aside, Google Friend Connect will no longer be functioning on my blog as of tomorrow, since the cads at Google are boycotting non-Blogger blogs.  So if you could do me a teensy tiny favor and re-follow me on LinkyFollowers, I’ll love you forever (and follow you back):

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Tracyann0312 February 29, 2012 at 3:50 am

Even I admire the work he did. It looks like a true cat nice work and you really did a good job. Thank you Stacy for sharing the picture of the well-created handiwork cat I love it.
Tracyann0312 would like you to read…Baby EagleMy Profile

2 Sparkle February 29, 2012 at 4:08 am

I see that she has been reading The Darkest Hour – one of the best books in the Warriors series!
Sparkle would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: DozingMy Profile

3 Vanessa February 29, 2012 at 4:56 am

I still think that her creativeness can be use for a business someday.. She really got a entrepreneur mind! :)
Vanessa would like you to read…Why Can t I Get PregnantMy Profile

4 becca February 29, 2012 at 7:16 am

wow those look great
becca would like you to read…We Want To Know Wednesday 2-29-12My Profile

5 Jill February 29, 2012 at 7:32 am

She really keeps you on your toes. Love her spirit.
Jill would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – Quiet imaginationMy Profile

6 Cheryl February 29, 2012 at 7:32 am

Nice. I would love to see the business plan she comes up with on her own. Awesome job.
Cheryl would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: The Many Faces of ClaudiaMy Profile

7 alissa apel February 29, 2012 at 8:06 am

Fun! I like Sculpy for little sculptures for that. It works great!
alissa apel would like you to read…WW: Superhero’s to the Rescue! {Linky}My Profile

8 Heather's Happenings February 29, 2012 at 8:45 am

That is a awesome panther!
Heather’s Happenings would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday–BowlingMy Profile

9 Amy at Best Baby Strollers February 29, 2012 at 9:25 am

Love her entrepreneurial spirit – encourage that! :)
Amy at Best Baby Strollers would like you to read…New Video for the Joovy GrooveMy Profile

10 Felicia February 29, 2012 at 9:29 am

how much?! I would buy one.
Felicia would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: #FebPhotoADay Challenge Week 4My Profile

11 Semi Domesticated Mama February 29, 2012 at 9:35 am

Thanks for hosting Stacy! PN did a great job painting the warrior cat, I’m impressed! Have a great Wednesday!
Semi Domesticated Mama would like you to read…THINGS THAT PIN…TEREST MEMy Profile

12 hollow tree ventures February 29, 2012 at 10:17 am

My son’s always coming up with business ideas too, and I can’t help but notice that it always involves a lot of cashflow upfront (from my purse, of course).
hollow tree ventures would like you to read…True Love in HellMy Profile

13 Teresha February 29, 2012 at 10:25 am

I say go for it! You can be her investor and get her some books on young entrepreneurship. There are several programs for girls and even contests!
Teresha would like you to read…Wordful Wednesday: Baby Bullet {Bump Update}My Profile

14 Lucy February 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

What I love about children are their imaginations, their innocence and willingness to dare and share. We lose a lot of those things with age and allow our fear of failure to take over, oh, if we could bottle their youth!
Lucy would like you to read…Working Hard!My Profile

15 Michelle February 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

How cute. My girls loved the Warrior series.
Michelle would like you to read…WW – 365 FebruaryMy Profile

16 Jackie February 29, 2012 at 10:53 am

Princess Nagger!! I love that name!

If she’s serious about it then yea… come up with a plan! Why not!

17 Meg February 29, 2012 at 11:21 am

I like the way she thinks! A friend’s daughter is very into the Warrior Cats books, and we scoured Etsy at Christmas to find something related to the series. (We did — a really cute bracelet.) So I’d say there’s a market out there! :) Dream big!

18 Amy {babybabylemon} February 29, 2012 at 11:32 am

So cute! Warrior cats for everyone!
Amy {babybabylemon} would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Gray WhaleMy Profile

19 Run DMT February 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

She’s got some gifts there, art and a business sense! She’ll be in the next UPS logistics commerical. ;-)
Run DMT would like you to read…Love My Abs Challenge: The Last DayMy Profile

20 15791793539014223015 February 29, 2012 at 1:26 pm

go for it PN! you can make one of those JA magazines. :)

21 Mallory February 29, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Hey at least she is ambitious!
Mallory would like you to read…Guess What?My Profile

22 Andie February 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Love how their minds work.
Andie would like you to read…Play dough mayhemMy Profile

23 Shari February 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Hi – new follower on LF, NB and G+.

HOpe you can stop by my blog and follow back!!!

Love your daughters warrior cat!
Shari would like you to read…10 ThingsMy Profile

24 enchantedhue February 29, 2012 at 3:30 pm

he he, love her spirit!

25 Momfever February 29, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Wow, that is one professional looking selfmade cat! She’s got talent.

26 Stacey at RealWorldMom February 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Very creative! Happy WW!
Stacey at RealWorldMom would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday- Somewhere Over the RainbowMy Profile

27 Dawn February 29, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Very nice! I’m apparently a bit behind in the series because I am not remembering Scourge but then, I *am* 37 so I guess that I can be forgiven.

5-year plan:
Phase 1: paint cats
Phase 2: ????
Phase 3: PROFIT!
Dawn would like you to read…ImpulsivenessMy Profile

28 Xmasdolly February 29, 2012 at 5:26 pm

All I can say is totally awesome! A really great job.
Xmasdolly would like you to read…Iris and the Dragonflies by Rosemary Daniels ReviewMy Profile

29 Kimberly February 29, 2012 at 9:11 pm

So my husband is looming over my shoulder as I was reading your post and he shouts “Holy crap. Look at that cougar!”
I let him believe it was a real cat for a while ;)
Kimberly would like you to read…The Kid Who Won’t QuitMy Profile

30 Art of RetroCollage March 1, 2012 at 12:08 am

Wow! Nice paint-job on those eyes! I definitely wouldn’t want to meet this cat in a dark alley (or have it cross my path), but the statue is cool!
Art of RetroCollage would like you to read…Deep Monsters of CollageMy Profile

31 Susie's Homemade March 1, 2012 at 7:24 am

I say, feed that interest!

32 BZMomma March 1, 2012 at 9:29 am

Why not? You never know…maybe it will pay for her college education ;)

Now I need to research this whole Warrior Cat series…I’m intrigued!
BZMomma would like you to read…WW: Leap Year Edition – my lil fashionistaMy Profile

33 Bibi March 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm

The panther looks awesome especially the little evil eyes. You better start working on that 5 year plan cause she’s going places.
Bibi would like you to read…Inspirational Life Quotes – HappinessMy Profile

34 Xazmin March 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm

She did a great job! I love when my kids decide they are going to make and sell things. Except when said things just end up randomly scattered around my house.
Xazmin would like you to read…It’s important to show gratitude….with candyMy Profile

35 angie March 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Frankly, I’m shocked she hasn’t already written and distributed one already….:)
angie would like you to read…Baked Pasta with Meat Sauce #La Romanella StyleMy Profile

36 Impulsive Addict March 1, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that cat panther thingy is scary? But seriously, PN is pretty awesome!
Impulsive Addict would like you to read…Five Truths and a Lie-2nd EditionMy Profile

37 Karly March 3, 2012 at 1:31 am

Thank you for linking up with me this week! What an absolutely adorable conversation. I cannot wait to have similar ones with my kids!
Karly would like you to read…Vector AftonMy Profile

38 noelle March 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm

i think it looks great :)
glad to see she is eager to get started :) love it
noelle would like you to read…Experimenting with My Taste Buds – @Amys_KitchenMy Profile

39 Mayra Rachel April 29, 2013 at 2:43 am

So cute! Warrior cats for everyone! I think it looks great
Mayra Rachel would like you to read…The Best Double Jogging Strollers updated Wed Apr 24 2013 1:08 pm EDTMy Profile

{ 1 trackback }