Love Like Crazy because you’re Hip To My Heart When You Say My Name so I Will Always Love You

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on February 13, 2012 · 21 comments

in Blog Hop,Monday Hops,Monday's Music Moves Me

Saturday was a sad day on the eve of the Grammy Awards with the unexpected passing of an incredible icon, Whitney Houston.  Twitter and Facebook blew up with tributes of love as millions of fans were shocked at the news.   Her beautiful, vibrant personality will be missed.  LL Cool J said it best on the Grammy’s last night, “Although she is gone too soon, we remain truly blessed by her musical spirit.”  Amen to that.

This week’s theme for Monday’s Music Moves Me is all about Love since Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, so let’s have some fun with love, shall we?  Starting off with a great song by Lee Brice, “Love Like Crazy”:

They called them crazy when they started out
Said, “Seventeen’s too young to know what loves about”
They’ve been together fifty-eight years now
That’s crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
Bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Now that’s crazy

Just ask him how he did it
He’ll say, “Pull up a seat
It’ll only take a minute
To tell you everything”

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best
Don’t outsmart your commonsense
Never let your prayin’ knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy, they’ll never take off
Well, he sold his one man shop to Microsoft
And they paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He’ll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best
Don’t outsmart your commonsense
Never let your prayin’ knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin’ knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They’ve been together fifty-eight years now
Ain’t that crazy?

Next up is a fun upbeat tune you’ll want to dance to by The Band Perry “Hip To My Heart”:

I like your lips like I like my Coca-Cola yeah
Oh how it pops and fizzes
You like my shirt like I like it when you hold my hand
The way it fits

Chorus :
It’s got me feeling lucky,
Lookie who is stumblin’ who
You got that somethin’
Boy I wanna be where you are
and I’m gunnin’ for you can’t even fall for some other man ’cause brother man you know how to get hip to my heart
C’mon now

All the girls in town look you up and look you down I know so c’mon and pick your kitten
purr baby purr go ahead and say the word let’s go I think I’m the one you diggin’
got me feelin’ lucky

Chorus:
Lookie, who is stumblin’ who
You got that somethin’
Boy, I wanna be where you are
get hip to my heart

Tell me now who, who
Tell me now who, who

You play it cool
You play it so c-coo-cool
Mm. and what I’m I supposed to do
When you play it so cool and I got the hots for you

Chorus:
Lookie, who is stumblin’ who
You got that somethin’
Boy, I wanna be where you are
and I’m gunnin’ for you can’t even fall for some other man ’cause brother man you know how to get Hip to My Heart

[Repeat Chorus]

I said you know how to get hip to my heart
I said you know how to get hip to my heart

Next up is Jessie James with her first crossover single, “When You Say My Name”:

Monday a long day
Startin’ off the wrong way
Runnin’ on empty
Faith and black coffee

You left early
Gotta get the bills paid
I miss your face baby
I just can’t wait

‘Till we’re all alone
And this mad world fades away

When you say my name
Everything comes alive
Take the darkest room
And you turn on the lights

When you touch my hand
You’re telling me a secret
Only we can understand

When you say my name
When you say my name

Hard times heartache
Got the strength that love makes
Somehow someway
Gonna find it someday

No matter what life brings
I know it’s gonna be okay

When you say my name

Oh yeah!
When you say my name
Ohhhh
Ohhhh
Ohhhh
yeah yeah

And finally, saving the best for last, a song whose words are eerily appropriate at this time, like Whitney Houston saying goodbye and reassuring all her fans that she’ll always love them, here’s Whitney Houston with “I Will Always Love You”:

If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I’ll go, but I know
I’ll think of you ev’ry step of the way.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
You, my darling you. Hmm.

Bittersweet memories
that is all I’m taking with me.
So, goodbye. Please, don’t cry.
We both know I’m not what you, you need.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.

(Instrumental solo)

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you’ve dreamed of.
And I wish to you, joy and happiness.
But above all this, I wish you love.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.
Ooh, I’ll always, I’ll always love you.

Life is short – tell someone you love them today.  Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!

Now on to the particulars of Monday’s Music Move’s Me:

Photobucket

I have the supreme honor and privilege of being a co-host with the inimitable Xmas Dolly and her cohorts in crime, Lorie of The Shewbridges of Celebration, Florida, and Callie from JAmericanSpice for Monday’s Music Moves Me – want to join in the fun? It’s easy peasy! Just find a tune that rocks your boat, post it and link up – don’t forget to grab Xmas Dolly…er, um, I mean her button…over at her place here. Check out Xmas Dolly’s sidebar for the random themes we sport each week – and you can always ask for a specific theme of music you like, too. Check out the other music lovahs and let’s jam!

Spotlight Dancers

INTRODUCING OUR “SPOTLIGHT COUPLE”

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

The awesome Run DMT also hosts Music Monday:

More Monday Hops – hop along, won’t you?

Follow Us Monday Morning Google Plus Hopgiveaway button for mondays
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 A Daft Scots Lass February 13, 2012 at 3:20 am

♥ Jessie James. Gorgeous voice and a sight for sore eyes.

There’s also a lot of Whitney going around today. RIP!

2 Cathy Kennedy February 13, 2012 at 7:05 am

Life is too short. Amen! What a tragedy it was to loss Whitney Houston. She will be remembered for years to come. Thanks for sharing your “Love Songs”. I loved ‘em all! I think “When You Say My Name” spoke to me the most. It recall years ago when out of the blue my DH called me Cathy what seemed like forever and a day ago that I had heard it and it super charged me. You know how it is when all you hear is Mommy, Mommy, Mommy day in and day out. You sort of get lost in your role as mommy to remember you’re still a wife, a lover, and bestfriend to your husband. So, from that day forward my sweet DH made a point to use my name as often as possible. Thanks for sharing your picks!

3 Heather's Happenings February 13, 2012 at 7:58 am

I LOVE, LOVE, Love like crazy!
You have some amazing picks, love them all.
Heather’s Happenings would like you to read…Music That Melts My HeartMy Profile

4 Run DMT February 13, 2012 at 9:04 am

Lots of Whitney today, as there should be! She was a legend who inspired so many other artists. I an’t believe she only 48! Wow. so young and such a shame!

I love that you always share country songs, but I don’t listen to country until I visit you. You’re helping me grow. ;-)

Did you watch the Grammy’s last night? The Band Perry performed and I thought of you. I really do like their sound.
Run DMT would like you to read…Kiss MeMy Profile

5 Lucy February 13, 2012 at 10:03 am

Enjoyed your choices “Love Like Crazy” had me tearing up!

6 Dollycas February 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

Awesome choices, still in shock over Whitney. The news is was an overdose of prescription meds and alcohol really upsets me.

Have a great week!
Dollycas would like you to read…To All Google Friend Connect and Email FollowersMy Profile

7 Usemeplz February 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

R.I.P. Whitney! She was amazing singer, I even was on one her concert..

8 JamericanSpice February 13, 2012 at 10:14 am

You have a very good list of love songs here Stacy. You always choose great songs.

And I remember the first time as a kid I heard that song from Whitney…I had the shivers.

She was a strong voice. Sad that she went down like that.
JamericanSpice would like you to read…Something Worth Fighting For – 4MsMy Profile

9 Hazel February 13, 2012 at 10:16 am

‘when she blessed him with six more mouths to feed…’ that made me smile. RIP Whitney :(
Hazel would like you to read…Nobody loves me like you doMy Profile

10 Xmasdolly February 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Great choices as usual. I never heard that song, but that first paragraph is fantastic – I had to copy that and I’m gonna put it in Dave’s Valentines Card. That’s just beautiful. I see you too… well, you know Whitney Houston. The more & more I hear about her death I’m convinced it was an accident. Happy Valentines Day my friend. Hope it’s a good one for ya.
Xmasdolly would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me!My Profile

11 Gone Bananas February 13, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Love the first one hadn’t heard that one before! Band Perry is pretty cool too! So so sad about Whitney she was such a talent lost way to soon! Great picks!
Gone Bananas would like you to read…Get your sexy on… on Valentine’s Day!My Profile

12 Sprite's Keeper February 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I can’t bring myself to that level of empathy for her passing. Yes, it sounds accidental, but given the life she led and the lifestyle she clearly advocated, it’s hard for me to feel sad over her passing. Yes, she had a good voice, but talent does not make one immortal.
Sprite’s Keeper would like you to read…Speak No EvilMy Profile

13 Artsnark February 13, 2012 at 7:28 pm

always here something new here – thanks for sharing & best wishes to you & princess Nagger for a wonderful Valentines day
Artsnark would like you to read…Music Monday – it’s a luuuuv thangMy Profile

14 HungryForLiving February 13, 2012 at 8:55 pm

New follower from the hop, hope you come by and follow, looking forward to more posts!
HungryForLiving would like you to read…Music Monday! Stronger!My Profile

15 Rosidah Abidin February 13, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I’m so with you that Whitney Houston’s musical spirit is a blessing to us. So many songs that can relate to the heart with her beautiful voice.

I have also enjoyed all your other song choices, especially the lyrics of the first one performed by Lee Brice. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week :)
Rosidah Abidin would like you to read…N’Sync: This I Promise You Song with LyricsMy Profile

16 Karen Mortensen February 13, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I love that Whitney Huston song. Will miss her.
Karen Mortensen would like you to read…Love Songs- Music Moves Me MondayMy Profile

17 Dental Lab Pro February 14, 2012 at 4:14 am

Wow, some beautiful lyrics here.

18 Katie February 14, 2012 at 7:56 am

Love your song choices! I have never heard any of them (except Whitney of course) and love the Band Perry!
Katie would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me – Love SongsMy Profile

19 Classic NYer February 14, 2012 at 1:05 pm

::sigh:: and we’ll always love you, too, whitney…
Classic NYer would like you to read…Music Monday: You’re all I need (or On impractical romance)My Profile

20 Angel Collins February 16, 2012 at 1:16 am

Whitney Houston is really an icon which almost all of the people in the World adore not only because of her fame but also because of the songs that she had sang. People will never forget Whitney and she will forever be remain as one of the amazing, incredible and wonderful singer the World has ever had.
Angel Collins would like you to read…With New Jobs Comes New Safety TrainingMy Profile

{ 1 trackback }