Game On Santa with Bud Light, Captain Morgan, Skating Babies and a mini Darth

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on February 27, 2012 · 22 comments

in Blog Hop,Monday Hops,Monday's Music Moves Me

It appears that I’m blinking too much, because I blinked and *poof* the weekend was gone.  Hello Monday.  And why do I find myself adding a ‘w’ at the end of ‘hello’ as I’m tapping at the keyboard at a fast pace before I back up and correct myself?  Maybe it’s a subconscious message to myself to make it a mellow Monday.  Sure, let’s go with that.

This week’s theme for Monday’s Music Moves Me is a different one – commercials you like old or new, as suggested by one of our regular players, Karen at I made it through the rain.  Normally any show I watch has been recorded on my DVR so I can specifically fast-forward through the commercials.  Some are so annoying or lame, and deserve the quick fast-forward trigger finger.

A series of commercials I didn’t fast-forward through were the Best Buy ones at Christmas – very clever, like this one:

The Super Bowl always has great and creative commercials, and this one from the 2011 Super Bowl was one that had me chuckling (most of the Bud Light commercials are chuckle-worthy, but this one takes the cake):

In the drinking mode, the Captain Morgan commercials are always creatively funny as well:

I can’t leave out one of the best commercials done by Evian with their dancing/rollerskating babies:

And last, but certainly not least, one of my all-time favorites that first came to my attention by The Captain, the Volkswagen 2011 Super Bowl commercial:

What are your favorite/funny commercials? May the Force be with you – enjoy your Monday!

Now on to the particulars of Monday’s Music Move’s Me:

Photobucket

I have the supreme honor and privilege of being a co-host with the inimitable Xmas Dolly and her cohorts in crime, Lorie of The Shewbridges of Celebration, Florida, Callie from JAmericanSpice, and our special guest hosts while Lorie is taking a short sabbatical, Denise from Run DMT and Cathy from Cathy Kenndey’s Blog have been invaluable in their participation and visits to everyone for Monday’s Music Moves Me.

Want to join in the fun? It’s easy peasy! Just find a tune that rocks your boat, post it and link up – don’t forget to grab Xmas Dolly…er, um, I mean her button…over at her place here. Check out Xmas Dolly’s sidebar for the random themes we sport each week – and you can always ask for a specific theme of music you like, too. Check out the other music lovahs and let’s jam!

Spotlight Dancers

INTRODUCING OUR “SPOTLIGHT COUPLE”

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

The awesome Run DMT also hosts Music Monday:

More Monday Hops – hop along, won’t you?

Follow Us Monday Morning Google Plus Hopgiveaway button for mondays
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 xmasdolly February 27, 2012 at 1:06 am

Oh girl, they are all great, but my favorite one is the babies. Too cool. Back at ya later. Take it light.
xmasdolly would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me!My Profile

2 Tom February 27, 2012 at 1:43 am

Hi, I remember just about everyone of those. They sure made me laugh. You have a great day. I’m just trying to wind down from work & off to bed. Thanks for co-hosting once again on our Music train.
Tom would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me!My Profile

3 Tracyann0312 February 27, 2012 at 3:23 am

Hi Stacy, they are all great. I wonder why you think Santa game as the concept. Even though it is not Christmas, I know that the game means a lot to you. Thanks for sharing the video clips they are all nice.

4 Naila Moon February 27, 2012 at 4:04 am

I had never seen the babies one. Totally funny and cute!
The Darth Vader one was priceless…great one for sure in the history of commercials.
~Naila Moon

Naila Moon would like you to read…Mondays Music Moves MeMy Profile

5 Cathy Kennedy February 27, 2012 at 7:36 am

The Evian and Volkswagon commericals are the best one of your picks. These are just too cute. Okay, the Captain Morgan commerical was funny,too. I don’t recall ever seeing it before now, though. Keep rockin’ the day away!

6 Katie February 27, 2012 at 7:55 am

Forgot about some of these..that captain morgan one is too funny. Great picks! Yes, great minds think alike!

7 Rita February 27, 2012 at 8:14 am

Hi! I have to admit that I dozed off a couple of times during the SuperBowl but I did get trapped by some of the commercials. The one of Volkswagen and the Evian one were definitely amongst my favorites!

8 Claire February 27, 2012 at 8:57 am

I don’t know if it was the smug attitude the lady in the Best Buy commercial had or what but I really disliked those. LOL. BUT, all your other picks were great; the vader one was ridiculously creative. For all the thousands of commercials, it’s sad that only a few are ever truly good, you know?
Claire would like you to read…Gloomy weekend + MMMMMy Profile

9 Hazel February 27, 2012 at 9:46 am

Awww doggie waiting expectantly for Santa to fill his sock. I remember that cassette tape player! Those were the days.

10 Dollycas February 27, 2012 at 10:00 am

Love those roller babies!! This was a fun theme, we should do it a couple of times a year!!
Dollycas would like you to read…To All Google Friend Connect and Email FollowersMy Profile

11 Lucy February 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

I am loving this week, the babies on skates was good, actually I enjoyed them all.
Have a great week!

12 Anne February 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

I do like the dog commercial although now I feel like my dog is even more useless. All he does is lie around.
Anne would like you to read…Meow Monday: Oscars in the Small TownMy Profile

13 09932231777103163788 February 27, 2012 at 11:18 am

great commercial finds come see what I found at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

14 Danielle February 27, 2012 at 11:26 am

The Darth commercial is great!

Stacy, I am your newest Linky Follower. Please come on over and follow me back. Have a great day!
Danielle would like you to read…Marvelous Music Monday — SnuggleMy Profile

15 blogger broadcast February 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I am getting a real kick with today’s theme. So funny all these commercials. I missed the theme thing today…but I do have a video of music up. ;-)
blogger broadcast would like you to read…The Wanted – Glad You CameMy Profile

16 blogger broadcast February 27, 2012 at 12:36 pm

BTW- both the babies roller and the dark vader are keepers!!
blogger broadcast would like you to read…The Wanted – Glad You CameMy Profile

17 JamericanSpice February 27, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I really want to know how they make that baby commercial! :) Love the choices!!
JamericanSpice would like you to read…You Go Girl! Talk About A Husband Who Cares About The Deeper Things!My Profile

18 Julie February 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm

The super bowl ad of volkswagen is simple genial! I’m watching it for the 3rd time already, thanks for sharing it!
Julie would like you to read…private dentistMy Profile

19 Debbie Lamb - DeDa Studios February 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Captian Morgan I don’t think I had ever seen before! Very nice! Great pics!

20 Karen Mortensen February 27, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Love those roller babies. Never have seen it before.
Karen Mortensen would like you to read…Music Moves Me Monday- A Word From Our SponsorMy Profile

21 Nicholle Olores February 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Great videos. You make me laugh at this. I love watching babies while dancing, they look cute and funny.
Nicholle Olores would like you to read…Timber DoorsMy Profile

22 Feye March 27, 2012 at 5:49 am

All of it was great videos! If I’m the one to pick, Vader will go first then Morgan, Bud, Santa, and babies. I even saw the teaser of the Volkswagen 2011 super bowl commercial. :D