At Last a Good Feeling Like My Dog and You

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on January 23, 2012 · 19 comments

in Monday Hops,Monday's Music Moves Me,Music Monday

Mother Nature finally acquiesced and sent us 4-6 inches of snow on Saturday morning, so the kids were happy campers finally getting to play in some good snow.  Hubby was a happy camper too, since he finally got to try out the new ‘toy’ – the snow blower – that he’d been jonesin’ to use all winter.  Of course in her persnickety way, Mother Nature followed the snow with freezing rain this morning, so we’ll see how the morning shapes up.

Today for Monday’s Music Moves Me is a freebie – so we’re going to start off with the amazing Etta James, whose passing last week was a sad time.  Her classic “At Last” is timeless:

Let’s switch it up some with a fun song to get you moving, Flo Rida with “Good Feeling”:

Let’s keep the fun going with a hysterical song by Billy Currington, “Like My Dog”:

And finally, a great song by Chris Young simply entitled “You”:

Enjoy your Monday!

Now on to the particulars of Monday’s Music Move’s Me:

Photobucket

I have the supreme honor and privilege of being a co-host with the inimitable Xmas Dolly and her cohorts in crime, Lorie of The Shewbridges of Celebration, Florida, and Callie from JAmericanSpice for Monday’s Music Moves Me – want to join in the fun? It’s easy peasy! Just find a tune that rocks your boat, post it and link up – don’t forget to grab Xmas Dolly…er, um, I mean her button…over at her place here. Check out Xmas Dolly’s sidebar for the random themes we sport each week – and you can always ask for a specific theme of music you like, too. Check out the other music lovahs and let’s jam!

Spotlight Dancers

INTRODUCING “OUR SPOTLIGHT COUPLE

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

The awesome Run DMT also hosts Music Monday:

I’m also linking up for what was the Sunday Song Hop and now is Pinning and Singing on the Weekend over at 5 Minutes Just For Me: I’m going to have to get busy pinning, but at least it’s to share music, too:

More Monday Hops – hop along, won’t you?

Follow Us Monday Morning Google Plus Hopgiveaway button for mondays
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Hazel January 23, 2012 at 3:55 am

Thanks for mentioning Etta James :( Wouldn’t have known. She sounds like Dionne Warwick, both fabulous. My computer is acting up. Would like to listen to Like My Dog. I’m so ready to laugh today :D Happy Monday!
Hazel would like you to read…The SunflowerMy Profile

2 Run DMT January 23, 2012 at 6:32 am

Four to six inches of snow?! Holy winter, Batman!

I thought about sharing an Etta James tune today too. She was a class act. Love her music and her voice.

I’ll be seeing Flo Rida in a few weeks. He’ll be playing at the Rock ‘n Roll half marathon finish line. How fun is that?! I can’t wait!
Run DMT would like you to read…Food, Glorious Food!My Profile

3 Katie January 23, 2012 at 6:46 am

We got rain…and it was cold…YUCK.

Great choices – I love that Dog song…totally made me smile! Have a great day!
Katie would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me – My SistersMy Profile

4 Michele January 23, 2012 at 7:06 am

Glad you got some long awaited snow. I know you were hoping for some soon.
Michele would like you to read…RTT – new furnitureMy Profile

5 Claire January 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

Your country picks are two of my favorites and I danced to that Etta song at my wedding! (As stated last week of course.) And I am semi-jealous of your snow b/c it’s all warm and muggy here in N. Florida!
Claire would like you to read…Ohh, I see what you did + MMMMMy Profile

6 Katie January 23, 2012 at 10:02 am

Love the Flo Rida song – great get up and move song. Not that cold here but rainy and temps in low 40-50s that it’s melting all the snow. Not complaining!
Katie would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me – Freebie WeekMy Profile

7 Sprite's Keeper January 23, 2012 at 10:38 am

I’ve had Etta James in my head since the news came out. Very sad.
Sprite’s Keeper would like you to read…Eye SpyMy Profile

8 Dollycas January 23, 2012 at 11:33 am

Fabulous choices!!!! Snowing here again now. I am ready for spring.

FYI Linky is down on all the blogs I have visited this morning.

Lori
Dollycas would like you to read…To All Google Friend Connect and Email FollowersMy Profile

9 Cathy Kennedy January 23, 2012 at 12:11 pm

At Last really is a timeless classic and noone can sing it better than Etta James. May she rest in peace!

I was dancing to your R&B pick. It’s really catchy and that’s coming from someone who isn’t an R&B fan.

I had to laugh over Like My Dog. That was a good one to throw in the mix.

Now, Chris Young has a fine voice. I really like his style. I may have to look into more of his music!

Thanks for the intro to some nice tunes!
Cathy Kennedy would like you to read…Love your choices! Just can't beat the classic…My Profile

10 09984307296400883028 January 23, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Thanks for sharing! I don’t think I’ve ever heard you. I don’t listen to much country anymore, but I liked it.

11 Lucy January 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Loved your choices! Adding “Good Feeling” to my iPod and gonna share “Like My Dog” with my husband he will get a kick out of that song!
Lucy would like you to read…Look out Cheaters!My Profile

12 Danielle S. January 23, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Thanks, Stacy, for posting an Etta James song. She will be missed.
Danielle S. would like you to read…Marvelous Music Monday The Music of WayraMy Profile

13 JamericanSpice January 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Ahh Etta. I should have had my Etta too.
Love your mixes!

Hope the weather turns out for you and your hubs so he can rev that toy!
JamericanSpice would like you to read…Waiting Here For You – 4MsMy Profile

14 Gone Bananas January 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm

I think we skipped right over winter and went from fall to spring! *sigh* Etta Jones was an amazing voice and talent, gone but not forgotten!
I LOVE Billy Currington’s “Like My Dog!” played it for my hubby the other week and made him giggle! lol
Hope all is well with you! x
Gone Bananas would like you to read…Anxiety Sucks!My Profile

15 08827859627326952695 January 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for hosting!! New follower!

16 Naila Moon January 23, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Seems several people have Ms. Elta James on their minds.
Good songs.
~Naila Moon

17 Karen Mortensen January 23, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Gotta love Etta. Thanks for putting that up. I love that song.
Karen Mortensen would like you to read…Give My Regards to Broadway- Music MondayMy Profile

18 Xmasdolly January 24, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Everyone must’ve gotten in in tin the morning because it wouldn’t let me in last night for love nor money,. Love your choices. Always do. I figured a lot of people would be putting up Etta James that’s why I left it for everyone else. She was good you have to admit. Thanks for sharing girlfriend.
Xmasdolly would like you to read…Monday’s Music Moves Me!My Profile

19 Classic NYer January 24, 2012 at 3:09 pm

That last song so totally made me want to slow dance with my husband…
Classic NYer would like you to read…Music Monday: What You Won’t Do For LoveMy Profile