I got an early Birthday present. Remember my Frog Princess post? Well, this photo caught the eye of an amazing artist:
A fabulous artist named Gaby Merediz emailed me and asked me if it would be OK if she did a watercolor of that picture. Are you kidding me? It was more than all right. I was flattered, and thoroughly honored. Look what came in the mail:
Isn’t it awesome? I wish I had that kind of talent. The picture doesn’t do it justice. Both Princess Nagger and I are thrilled with it, and when she saw it said “I’m a star!” She wants to hang it in her room, but I convinced her that it should be in a more prominent location, like the living room, so everyone can admire it.
I love Gaby’s ‘about me’ description:
“I am an artist and first time mother to Baby T. If I can make something, I will. I have an extensive background in studio art, with a focus on oil painting, but my inspiration has changed now that I have a family.
With a focus on natural living, I now create art in watercolor, charcoal, and graphite and custom portraits. I also use upcycled materials to make most of my other products.”
Thank you, Gaby, for the amazing gift.
But wait, there’s more!
Gaby is so awesome, that she’s offered to paint one for one of my lucky readers. Well, not a Princess Nagger portrait (unless you’re really jonesin’ to have her mug hanging on your wall), but a portrait of your choice. Have someone you haven’t quite figured out what to get them for Christmas? Or have been wanting to have a picture of someone – kids, husband, pet – preserved in an amazing watercolor forever? There you go. Problem solved.
(must be completed before any extra entries are valid) Leave a comment telling me who or what you would have Gaby paint a portrait of.
If your email address is not visible in your profile, you must include it in your comments (or send it to me in an email if you don’t want to publicly display it).
Extra entry options: (these are optional – increase your chance to win!)
- Follow me on Google+ – 1 entry
- Subscribe by email (must activate) or add to your Google Reader – 2 entries – leave 2 comments
- Become my facebook friend – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow my Networked Blog on Facebook – 1 entry
- “Like” Stacy’s Random Thoughts (yeah, I can’t seem to change it to Stacy Uncorked) on Facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me on twitter – @RandomCoolChick and tweet the giveaway – 1 entry (may be done once daily-leave direct url to tweet)
Enter to win an amazing Water Color Portrait at Stacy Uncorked #giveaway @RandomCoolChick http://stacysrandomthoughts.com/?p=15147
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Add my button to your blog – 2 entries (leave link and 2 comments for each one that you did)
- Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
- Follow me in Pinterest – 1 entry
- Join my Blog Frog Community – 3 entries (leave link and 3 comments)
You have until Midnight EST on December 4, 2011 to enter. One lucky winner will be randomly selected. I will email the winner who will have 48 hours to respond to the notification email or a new winner will be chosen. Open to U.S. residents. Good luck!