Vibrant – and Goofy – Fall

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on October 26, 2011 · 37 comments

in Wordful Wednesday,Wordless Wednesday

Mother Nature has been quirky this year, extending the summer heat into the fall, then suddenly instigating fall in the blink of an eye.  It happened so fast (and had more rainy days this year), I didn’t have my usual window of opportunity to get a good shot of the changes in the field across the way, since my last-ditch effort happened on a foggy gray morning on Monday:

Not quite the vibrantly colored shot I was looking for.  But then Mother Nature decided to throw me a bone, and gave us gorgeous sunshine yesterday, with a last-last ditch effort rewarded:

That’s more like it, no?  I try to take the same shot each year for fall and spring of that field, since the changes are pretty cool to gaze upon while waiting for the bus.  Last year we had gorgeous weather earlier in the month, so I was able to snag this shot:

Though I have to admit, 1-year and 18 days later, the colors are more vibrant:

Since it didn’t look like I was going to luck out with some cool fall colors in the field across the street, Princess Nagger volunteered to stand next to our fall decor on the front porch and represent fall herself while waiting for the school bus:

With the agreement there’d be at least one goofy shot:

Fits right in with the scarecrows, doesn’t she?  My favorite season is fall – what’s yours?  If you don’t get ‘seasons’, do you do anything to make up for the lack thereof?

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!

For Wordless Wednesday, be sure to visit Wordless Wednesday, 5 minutes for Mom, Go Graham Go, JollyMom and Momspective for more great Wordless Wednesday Posts.

Wordish Wednesday Live and Love...Out Loud The Paper Mama Mrs. Marine and the Tiny Troops

I’m also participating in Random Deals Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop:

Random Deals

Related Posts with Thumbnails Tags: , , , ,

1 Brenda October 26, 2011 at 5:19 am

Beautiful pics and your daughter is pretty cute too! ;-)
Brenda would like you to read…Do dah dippityMy Profile

2 EdT. October 26, 2011 at 6:44 am

You definitely got the goofy shot!

Happy WW!

EdT. would like you to read…WW: Wanted – White TeethMy Profile

3 Erika October 26, 2011 at 7:01 am

Love the goofy shot! Erika here, dropping by from Wordless Wednesday :)

4 Dominique October 26, 2011 at 7:38 am

Love your halloween decor and her pose. She’s a really spunky girl.
Dominique would like you to read…Happy DeepavaliMy Profile

5 MamaBadger October 26, 2011 at 7:38 am

It must be great to have that field to remind you why we love Fall (it’s my favorite, too!) This year the rain did kill most of our colors, though. Sad.

And who needs corn stalks when you have that corn silk hair next to your scarecrow? She gets more beautiful each day!
MamaBadger would like you to read…I’m not really here…My Profile

6 Lizzie October 26, 2011 at 7:44 am

Lovely! I am sad this year. With all the salt from Hurrican Irene we have very little color here. Oh well. Happy WW!
Lizzie would like you to read…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

7 Lizzie October 26, 2011 at 7:46 am

Lovely! (if this shows up twice, sorry) We have so little color this year because of all the salt from Hurricane Irene. Happy WW!
Lizzie would like you to read…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

8 Beth F October 26, 2011 at 7:50 am

It’s interesting to see how a change in light and/or season affects the view.
Beth F would like you to read…Literary-Inspired Travels: Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. SchmidtMy Profile

9 Terri's Little Haven ( October 26, 2011 at 7:52 am

These are really great photos!!
Terri’s Little Haven ( would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday with Linky #WordlessWednesdayMy Profile

10 secret mom thoughts October 26, 2011 at 8:42 am

Beautiful color in the 2nd shot. It did come quickly this year.
secret mom thoughts would like you to read…I Love FallMy Profile

11 veronica lee October 26, 2011 at 9:02 am

Love the fall colours. Beautiful pics as always, Stacy!

Happy WW!
veronica lee would like you to read…Wordish Wednesday – The PlungeMy Profile

12 Sprite's Keeper October 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

I absolutely love fall too!
Sprite’s Keeper would like you to read…Spooky Cycle: Halloween Then Vs. Halloween Now..My Profile

13 Natalie October 26, 2011 at 9:31 am

Love the idea of the same shot every year! And who doesn’t love goofy photos!
Natalie would like you to read…W/W: Introducing…My Profile

14 Gaby October 26, 2011 at 10:15 am

I totally messed up the linky… I’m typing in the car with Little M in the backseat and my fingers keep hitting the wrong buttons.

Those pictures are beautiful, and it’s so cool to see the same scenery over time! My favorite season is fall as well. We live in NC, though, so it’s still in the 70s mostly during the days. I do miss the crisp, cool weather of Connecticut, where I grew up. And I miss the leaves changing. Here, they just seem to turn brown and fall off. No beautiful oranges and yellows.
Gaby would like you to read…WORDLESS WEDNESDAY: You Can’t Make This Stuff UpMy Profile

15 Robin from Israel October 26, 2011 at 11:29 am

Those fields are lovely, what a treat. Love your daughter’s happy smile, too.

No real fall here, but (other) people do tend to celebrate the coming of the rain. (Not me, I know we need it but I’m a summer girl. Give me searing heat over cold miserable rain any day, I hate the winter. Let in rain over the reservoirs and keep me dry!)

———————————–
My photography is available for purchase – visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!
Robin from Israel would like you to read…A matter of perspectiveMy Profile

16 MSRheinlander October 26, 2011 at 11:44 am

Love the last pic… she is so cute : )
MSRheinlander would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday… JUMP! JUMP! #WWMy Profile

17 Buckeroomama October 26, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Mine is fall, too –even though we don’t get the gorgeous golden colors you get over there. Just the cool crisp weather alone seals it for me. :)
Buckeroomama would like you to read…To Be a ChildMy Profile

18 blogger broadcast October 26, 2011 at 12:07 pm

cute photos. The scarecrow deco is wonderful. She is a lot cuter than the scarecrows of course.
blogger broadcast would like you to read…The Black Eyed Peas – Just Can’t Get EnoughMy Profile

19 WAHM October 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm

20 WAHM October 26, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Hello, new follower to your GFC and blog. Thanks for hosting. Please visit http://motherbabychild.blogspot.com to learn more about my family.

21 Tracy Wilson October 26, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Oh me too!! Fall is my very favorite- and especially that enchanted time from Halloween to Christmas (technically the end of it is winter, I know)…
Gotta love the pic- there’s one in every family that does the head tilt:)

Tracy
Tracy Wilson would like you to read…The Glamorous LifeMy Profile

22 Mrs. Cox October 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Don’t you just love this time of year?! Beautiful… even on the dreary days.
Mrs. Cox would like you to read…Set Your Harvest Tabletop with Better Homes and GardensMy Profile

23 Christina October 26, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Awww…. what a beautiful scarecrow!
Christina would like you to read…HAPPY HUMP DAY HALLOWEEN STYLE 10/26/11My Profile

24 Olivia October 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I love the fall pics! I don’t get much of it out here in the land of perpetual summer (Hawaii). So, thanks for giving me a little taste of the cooler weather…. Love the scarecrows and pumpkins, too. Cuteness! Happy Wordless Wednesday…. :)

25 Debbie/Africa October 26, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Love the pictures!! The last is especially cute!!
Thanks for the link up!!!! Had fun looking at peoples pictures!!
Debbie/Africa would like you to read…Day 30 – Your favorite songMy Profile

26 Kelly October 26, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Your field is gorgeous! Wish I had that view!
Kelly would like you to read…Costume How-To: Part 3My Profile

27 Sarah October 26, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Gorgeous fall photos.
Sarah would like you to read…Easy Canvas Prints {Review}My Profile

28 Anti-Supermom October 26, 2011 at 2:46 pm

But she’s way cuter than any of those scarecrows :)

And wow, she is getting so uch bigger than last time I saw a picture of her!
Anti-Supermom would like you to read…fancyMy Profile

29 Serendipity is Sweet October 26, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Beautiful scenery! I think you really lucked out this year after all ;)

The Princess is just adorable. Love her “silly” face!
Serendipity is Sweet would like you to read…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

30 Jennifer October 26, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Princess Nagger is just adorable. Honestly, she’s better than the beautiful field across the street! :-)
Jennifer would like you to read…Lake Mead National Recreation Area – WWMy Profile

31 Stacey October 26, 2011 at 5:33 pm

She does fit right in! What a cutie! I love the colors in the fall, they are so vibrant. Happy WW!
Stacey would like you to read…Through the eyes of a childMy Profile

32 Lola October 26, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Princess Nagger is as cute as a bug’s ear, whatever that means. Winter is my favorite season. I love putting up my Christmas decorations and giving gifts.

Love,
Lola
Lola would like you to read…I’M SUCH A WIENERMy Profile

33 Cordial Chaos October 26, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Great pics! Thanks for hosting. Happy WW!
Cordial Chaos would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday-My Little PrincessMy Profile

34 Andrea October 27, 2011 at 12:01 am

I love the idea of taking the same picture every year! I have to think of the perfect place and start the tradition.

35 Melanie October 27, 2011 at 10:07 am

What a beautiful field. Your daughter is adorable!
Melanie would like you to read…One of those days…My Profile

36 Sue October 31, 2011 at 9:58 am

Love the shots & comparing from previous years. Your daughter looks so cute in front of the decor.

^v^
┢┩app y┞┩allowen
‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧
‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧ ‧^v^
‧._ /(_‧ ‧ ‧
.( ( l ) )_ /(_ . . . . . ._)\_
…‾‾‾ ( ( l ) ) . . . . ( ( l ) )
´”“”“‾‾‾´”“”“”‾‾‾´”`´””`
Sue would like you to read…WW – Beautiful FlowerMy Profile

37 Krystyn November 10, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I’d say that’s a pretty nice view!
Krystyn would like you to read…“My Awesome Room!”My Profile