Princess Nagger and the World’s Largest Origami Macaw

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on October 5, 2011 · 26 comments

in Princess Nagger,Wordful Wednesday,Wordless Wednesday

Princess Nagger has been having a lot of fun making origami critters lately – she taught herself how to do it by watching tutorials On Demand, and scads of YouTube videos.  Every-other-day she fashions a new one, with whatever scrap of paper happens to be lying around.  Like a piece of clear plastic:

Or the insert to a Happy Meal toy:

But her biggest accomplishment (literally and figuratively speaking) is the ginormous Macaw she created:

PN:  “It took a lot of paper and about 100-feet of tape.  Well, maybe only about 50-feet of tape, but it was a lot of tape.  I’m pretty sure it’s life-size for how big a Macaw is.  Or at least it could be the world’s largest Macaw.”

Pretty impressive, don’t you think?  I can fold a great nose-diving paper airplane, but origami?  I’m all thumbs.

Wordless or Wordful or Wordy or Wordish – Link up if you like, and I’ll be able to stop by for a visit easily:

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!

Please leave a comment after you link up – that way I can stop by much quicker since I click links in my comments first then try to visit all the links here and miss some sometimes!

For Wordless Wednesday, be sure to visit Wordless Wednesday, 5 minutes for Mom, Go Graham Go, JollyMom and Momspective for more great Wordless Wednesday Posts.

Wordish Wednesday Live and Love...Out Loud The Paper Mama Mrs. Marine and the Tiny Troops

I’m also participating in Random Deals Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop:

Random Deals

Tags: , , , ,

1 Kelly-Marie October 5, 2011 at 3:20 am

I love your origami birds so cool!

2 EdT. October 5, 2011 at 7:04 am

She taught herself to do this? She definitely has a natural talent for it, and I bet she even learned some math in the process!

Happy WW!

EdT. would like you to read…WW: Getting AlongMy Profile

3 Gillian October 5, 2011 at 7:07 am

What an amazing paper feat! I couldn’t imagine trying to construct a macaw out of paper and tape?!

Anyhow, thanks for hosting!

Gillian from Baby Talk without the Babble

4 Nicole (Mama to 4 Blessings) October 5, 2011 at 7:27 am

THAT”S COOL

5 BusyWorkingMama October 5, 2011 at 7:45 am

Too cool! She is so creative! I love it – totally worth the tape :)
BusyWorkingMama would like you to read…Disney World Fun Times #WWMy Profile

6 Ollie McKay's~The Chic Boutique October 5, 2011 at 8:34 am

I LOVE Origami ~ but could never get the hang of it ~ maybe not enough patience??! Happy WW everyone!
Ollie McKay’s~The Chic Boutique would like you to read…Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

7 alicia October 5, 2011 at 8:47 am

Sounds like my daughter and yours would be fast friends. :) Happy WW!
alicia would like you to read…WW: CANDY CORN-aholicMy Profile

8 Elizabeth October 5, 2011 at 9:00 am

WOW! I can barely make a paper snowflake! That’s impressive :) Happy Wordless Wednesday!

9 Jill October 5, 2011 at 9:17 am

It’s great to see our kids accomplish something we can’t do. She is quite a talent.
Jill would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – Is that a ghost in my picture?My Profile

10 Jan October 5, 2011 at 9:57 am

Ahhhh – I’d been wondering about the paper houses and swords. She is really quite good at it – I’m impressed!
Jan would like you to read…Leek, Bacon and Collard Frittata with Heirloom TomatoesMy Profile

11 Rachel October 5, 2011 at 10:13 am

That’s quite creative! We hosted a Japanese exchange student when I was a kid who taught us some origami, but I don’t think I’d have the patience for it anymore.
Rachel would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday with Linky 10/5: Now This is Devotion #WWMy Profile

12 Andrea October 5, 2011 at 10:24 am

That is so awesome! I am more amazed by her creativity and general coolness everyday.
Andrea would like you to read…Gone to the dogMy Profile

13 Sprite's Keeper October 5, 2011 at 10:44 am

That IS cool!
Sprite’s Keeper would like you to read…Spin Cycle: Fantasies in Progress..My Profile

14 Lauren October 5, 2011 at 11:36 am

Wow, that must take a lot of patience! I would probably crinkle the paper up in frustration. What a smart and talented little girl you’ve got!
Lauren would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday- Tiny ToesMy Profile

15 Cathi October 5, 2011 at 11:58 am

That is incredible!! It’s refreshing to see a little one using their imagination and creativity! Cheers for Princess Nagger!!
Cathi would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday – Traffic jam with a viewMy Profile

16 Gretchen October 5, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Those are so cool I can’t stand it! I love her industrious and artistic brain!
Gretchen would like you to read…Genetic AnomalyMy Profile

17 Darren October 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Wow, she’s a lot more clever than most kids her age! What a nice presentation.

18 Gaby October 5, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Really? That is so impressive! Both the huge Macaw and the clear plastic crane. That takes skills–and patience!
Gaby would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: A Day in the Life (Continued)My Profile

19 michelle October 5, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Super cool oragami!

20 MamaBadger October 5, 2011 at 2:33 pm

She looks like a great origami artist! She should read Sadako and the 1,000 paper cranes. Little things that move the world.
MamaBadger would like you to read…Say Cheese…My Profile

21 Create With Joy October 5, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Wow, as always, Princess Nagger never ceases to amaze with her talent and creativity! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!

Ramona
Create With Joy would like you to read…WOYWW: Red Star Yeast Challenge PrizeMy Profile

22 Mallory October 5, 2011 at 3:52 pm

That Macaw is awesome! I’ve been known to make paper cranes out of random bits of paper.
Mallory would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday: Watering CanMy Profile

23 Natalie October 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm

LOVE the large one!!
Natalie would like you to read…W/W: The RideMy Profile

24 Andrea October 6, 2011 at 8:29 am

Very cool. Chick has a question for PN – she’s getting into dino’s. Can you recommend a good book that will have Dino pics and facts that’s good for 5 yr olds? Thanks!
Andrea would like you to read…I’d like to teach the world to singMy Profile

25 Erin October 6, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Very cool blog!
I’m a new follower from the hop, my blog is http://www.thesaratogasaver.com/
:-)
Erin would like you to read…Princess Nagger and the World’s Largest Origami MacawMy Profile

26 Molly October 7, 2011 at 8:35 am

Our daughter has also recently been doing a lot of Origami. She is yet to create one as large as the Macaw, though. Very cool.
Molly would like you to read…Waring Pro SB10 Immersion Blender ReviewMy Profile