Fun, Rain, DaGeDar and Legendary People – Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on May 17, 2011 · 41 comments

in Follow Me Back Tuesday,Random Tuesday Thoughts,Tuesday Train

Week eight and still no word from Keely on when she’ll be wrestling retrieving the Random Crown back – I think if she’s still AWOL next week I’ll think of a way to let my cartoon me carry the sign and a giant glass of wine. Then she won’t care how heavy the sign is.  Meanwhile, join in the rebellious mode, won’t you?

(Note: For some reason right-click isn’t working on my page, so when you highlight the code, simply CTRL-C to copy. Email me if you’re having trouble)

Did you have a nice weekend?  My fun – doing my bi-monthly grocery shopping on Saturday.  The worst day possible, since half my trip was at Wal*Mart and all the crazies were out on Saturday, along with a severe lack of cashiers for the long lines.  The ones there (or at least the one in the lane I was in) was the worst ‘packer’ possible.  Looked like I got all my groceries from the scratch’n’dent aisle since she crammed stuff together smashing boxes as she went along.  It’s always excessively hot in the store too, no matter what the weather is outside.  As I stood in the terminally long line, my patience was melting right along with my ice cream.

At least Princess Nagger sure had a nice weekend.  She started off Friday night going over to her best friend’s house to play – and came home wired up, too excited to sleep because Saturday she was going over to another classmate’s house for 7-hour marathon bounce-house fun.  After she got home from all that excitement, the friend whose house she played at on Friday night came over here for a sleepover Saturday night.  Two little tornadoes tearing through the house and wreaking havoc (and mess) in their path.  The dogs chased them merrily while the cats went into hiding.

Mother Nature’s off her meds again – she keeps sending sunshine, then without warning (well, unless you keep an eye on the weather online) she’ll send a torrential downpour followed by more steamy sunshine.  She can’t quite seem to make up her mind.  At least the rain held off during most of the daylight hours over the weekend so Princess Nagger had her fun outside, I didn’t get turned into a drowned rat loading and unloading my vehicle, and even got some weeding done over the weekend.

Hubby got the yard mowed just in the nick of time – although when I got back from shopping I teased him about the front and side yards looking they had a bad haircut – he apparently did those sections with the riding mower instead of the push mower, but it started to rain before he could finish up.  So now our yard will have to continue to look funky until the rain stops and it dries out again – which looks like that won’t happen until next week.

Speaking of sun/rain/sun/rain moments, yesterday after school Princess Nagger was playing outside with her remote control duck when she exclaimed that it was sprinkling in the sunshine – I looked out and noticed a band of ran moving in, so I told her she better come in before it starts to rain harder.  Mere moments after she came in, this happened:

The irony hit me as I was writing this – she was flying a remote control duck when it started to rain.

At least all the rain is making everything grow like crazy and really green!  And yes, that’s a dumpster back there in our driveway – we had that brought in three weeks ago so we could clear out some junk from the barn and Summer House.  They were supposed to come get it last Tuesday – and there it still sits.  Makes for some interesting maneuvering getting in and out of the driveway and parking our cars.  Hopefully they’ll come get it today.  Or at least soon.

Have you seen the newest craze – DaGeDar™ (pronounced DAH-geh-DAAR) collectible supercharged battle balls?  Princess Nagger thinks they’re the coolest things, and is putting it on her want list:

Random Conversation with Princess Nagger and her Best Friend:

PN:  “My tooth came out the day before St. Patrick’s Day.  The Tooth Fairy wasn’t able to leave me a golden dollar because my mom said the Leprechauns stole all the Tooth Fairy’s golden dollars.  So she only left me a five-dollar bill instead.”

BF:  “The Leprechauns stole the Tooth Fairy’s golden dollars?”

Me:  “Yes, the Tooth Fairy was very apologetic about it, but she was fresh out of golden dollars because the Leprechauns needed them for St. Patrick’s Day.”

PN:  “Yeah, crazy isn’t it – two legendary people stealing from each other?”

BF:  “Totally crazy.”

Me:  “…..”

That’s it for this week – feel free to be a rebel with me and get your random on! Join in the fun – link up!

I’m also participating in Follow Me Back Tuesday – if you are a new Follower, please be sure to leave a link so I can follow you back!

BWS tips button

Once again I’m hopping aboard this fun friendly train – if you’re traveling on the train, be sure to leave your link so I can follow you back!

TuesdayTrain

I’m also joining Hop a Little Tuesday – Blog Hop for Moms:

BWS tips button

And here’s another fun one, Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop…or Bounce!

Magical Mouse Schoolhouse

Tags: , , ,

1 Lex May 17, 2011 at 12:32 am

Your daughter is awesome. The weather, not so much.
Happy Tuesday :)

2 BigMamaCass May 17, 2011 at 4:41 am

Weather = Lame
PN = ROCKS!!

Have a great Tuesday!

3 Raven May 17, 2011 at 5:07 am

Those thievin’ Leprechauns! And you get 5 points for imagination! ;)

Our weather was rain most of last week and sunny and 60s the last few days. I’m not looking forward to 90s and humid, which should be coming any day now.

Happy Tuesday!
Raven would like you to read…I Am Random- Therefore I Am-Random Tuesday Thoughts RebelMy Profile

4 SueAnn May 17, 2011 at 6:00 am

Love your convos with the Princess!!! She always makes me laugh!!
You can send that rain my way…we haven’t had narry a drop. Well, I take that back. We did get some snow!! Ha!!
We have a fairly new WalMart here and it is always clean, the lines move quickly, and everyone is very friendly. Even the inside temp is pleasant!! Love going there!!
You can come to mine next time!
Hugs and I continue to rebel with you
SueAnn

5 Kristine May 17, 2011 at 6:34 am

Love the imaginative story about stealing golden coins!!! How fun is that!

My regular blog is being an a-hole this morning but I did get my random on from my old Blogger blog so it`s all good. :P

6 Hilary May 17, 2011 at 6:50 am

Your daughter is such a cutie! Mother nature really needs to get back on her meds!

7 ellie too May 17, 2011 at 7:06 am

Let’s try to savor the green because by July it could all be crispy from a summer drought!

Are the dandelions growing like mad there? Here they are everywhere…

FIVE bucks for a tooth? Eep! ;)

8 Masshole Mommy May 17, 2011 at 7:37 am

I also do bi-monthly grocery shopping (well, most of it) on Saturday mornings and it’s almost obscene what I see in there. I certainly don’t go out of my way to get all gussied up to go to flippin’ walmart, but I at least have the decency to brush my hair, wear clothing that’s clean and more importantly that fits. Oh, and they’re not pajamas either, because apparently in Walmart it’s ok to shop in your jammies. Ugh.

9 Jan May 17, 2011 at 7:45 am

I want those ball-bearing things. And a remote-control duck.

PN gets ALL the cool toys…

10 Claire May 17, 2011 at 8:17 am

Those battle balls definitely look like something my boys would like.
Our weather was weird this weekend too. It rained Saturday morning then cleared up and got cool. Cool all this week until Friday when it will supposedly be back to the 90s. Fun! I love Florida! /eye roll. Happy Tuesday!

11 kyooty May 17, 2011 at 8:34 am

What an imagination. She’s got an amazing mind.

I linked up this week. on with the Rebellion.

I want SPRING! send sun please? :)

12 Simply Bug May 17, 2011 at 8:38 am

Our weather has been the same – and cold. It got down in the 40′s the other day..unbelievable for May!!

I love the tooth fairy bit!

13 Dominique May 17, 2011 at 8:39 am

The boys would certainly love that ball gadget. It’s steal extremely hot over here.. can’t wait for it to rain

14 Mom in High Heels May 17, 2011 at 8:50 am

If PN and Indy ever got together we could make a fortune from the reality show world.
Sorry about your sucky weather. Stupid nature.

15 VandyJ May 17, 2011 at 9:40 am

I totally agree that Mother Nature needs to go see the doctor. She keeps sending us winter weather. Seriously, we have snow coming for the next three nights. Rain during the day, but I know it will fall as snow, just not stick. We had one nice weekend. At least we got to enjoy it.

16 Mama Zen May 17, 2011 at 9:40 am

I bet those battle balls find their way onto my daughter’s want list, too!

17 Toni May 17, 2011 at 9:51 am

Our Walmart is always FREEZING! There is one cashier there. Her name is Susan and I love her. I’ve talked to her manager about how great she is. The. Best. Grocery. Packer. Ever. If I’m not in a hurry I will stand in line at her register just so she can pack my bags. Love!

18 Ms. Salti May 17, 2011 at 10:55 am

She is so adorable! I love the stuff that kids come up with…. and the fact that they retain EVERYTHING! I am so sick of the bipolar weather… it follows me everywhere I go! Oklahoma, Utah, Colorado… I’m beginning to think it’s me!

19 stacy May 17, 2011 at 11:16 am

Hey Stacy,
Stopping by to say hello from Follow Me Back Tuesday and I also linked up.. Have a great week..

Stacy :)

20 Mich May 17, 2011 at 12:08 pm

dude, i wish the tooth fairy would have been out of golden dollars when i was a kid! i could have used a five! all i ever got was a quarter!

21 Krystal May 17, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Why is it that cashier’s nowadays are just morons? I prefer the self-checkout, if anyone screws up there I have no one else to blame but myself and I am all about self-discovery

22 Julie From Momspective May 17, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Big Mama Nature’s screwing with us here, too. I was at the pool Sunday and I’m in sweats today (well yoga pants) and we’ve had monsoons tearing the towns apart here but we don’t live anywhere near any coast. I just want my sunshine. I’m MISERABLE.

23 Whitney May 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I think Mother Nature needs a glass of wine…

I have a linky btw…I forgot to put it on the Mr. Linky on your link-up.

24 Anne May 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I can’t believe the tooth fairy brought $5. My girls are not allowed to compare tooth fairy notes with her.

25 aimee May 17, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Hopping here from the Tuesday Train hop. Your newest follower via networked blogs.

26 Jess May 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm

New Follower
Simple Mom Solutions

27 Jess May 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm
28 Carolyn May 17, 2011 at 4:08 pm

BWAH! Toothfairy and Leprachaun. I am totally hitting you up when I need kid excuses.

I made the mistake of hitting a Walmart on not only a Saturday, but a first-of-the-month Saturday, and the horror that is etched in my brain will hopefully keep me from doing so again. I would rather my family eat the hamster food that is still in the cabinet (hamster died ca. 2005) than have to go through that again.

I also wanted to say that you are just as sweet as sweet can be, going through and leaving such thoughtful comments on my (and I assume everyone’s) blogs. It makes being a rebel so much more fun.

Happy RTT, and thanks for your continued hostessing duties. you da bomb

29 Donna May 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I admire your perseverance – I’m pretty sure I would have left the melted ice cream in the basket and come back when everyone else had gone home. I’ve been known to shop my local Wally World at 2:00 am – just to avoid the crowds!

Thanks so much for joining the Tuesday Train!!

30 Storm May 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Saturdays at Walmart are the things my nightmares are made of! *shivers*

LOL at the thieving leprechauns – shame on them!

31 Stacey Donaldson May 17, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Love your site and your random thoughts! Following from the hop!

32 Marlee May 17, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Found your site through the Follow Me Back Tuesday Blog Hop. Got a good thing goin on here! Happy new follower :).

33 The Diva Bee May 17, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I love your blog name! It’s too cute.

New follower from FMBT. You can find me at http://www.thedivabee.Blogspot.com :)

34 Run DMT May 17, 2011 at 8:28 pm

That conversation about the Leprechaun and the Tooth Fairy made me chuckle. We’ve had a similar situation here. Darn that leprechaun!

35 Sprite's Keeper May 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Five dollars for a tooth? Oy, I should start saving now or Sprite is going to be extremely disappointed when her teeth start coming out!

36 Andrea May 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Here in Central New York Walmart is not much prettier during the week (especially in the evening). Congrats for making it out unharmed. I only go there if I need mulch, a video game and milk, but only am willing to enter one store. Thankfully there is a Wegmans only a 1/4 mile past our Walmart!

37 Kelly May 18, 2011 at 12:02 am

Our weather is wonky, too. Today the sun shone as rain poured down. Hello bipolar.

Never heard of the battling balls. We’ll be checking those out!

38 Rhoda May 18, 2011 at 3:54 pm

following you from the blog hop…. would love a follow back, thanks!

39 Lorne May 21, 2011 at 5:47 am

The Tooth Fairy story made my day! You have a wonderful kid.

40 Stacey June 3, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Following from Hop a Little Tuesday :)

{ 1 trackback }