A (Girl’s) Dinosaur Birthday – Wordless/Wordful Wednesday

by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) on November 17, 2010 · 40 comments

in Birthday,Princess Nagger,Wordful Wednesday,Wordless Wednesday

If you’ve been reading along for a while, you know that Princess Nagger is into dinosaurs.  Big time.  She’s been interested in becoming a Paleontologist since she was 5 or 6 – she just turned 8, and her interest has not waned even in the slightest.  I thought for sure it would be a passing fancy, but am happy to report her love of dinosaurs is still going strong.  Even when other kids tease her and tell her that dinosaurs are for boys, she hasn’t wavered in her loyalty for the ancient beasts.

She had a lot of fun decorating the cupcakes I made for her class:

I found dinosaur shaped sprinkles and dinosaur cupcake picks:

I even found dinosaur cupcake liners:

All done:

Since she decided not to have an actual birthday party this year, we decided to put together goody bags for the kids in her class (sort of like an impromptu birthday party, minus the mess and chaos in our house).  All dinosaur stuff, of course:

Since her birthday was on Monday, she opted to open her presents over the weekend so she could have time to play with whatever she got.  Her expressions were priceless as she tore into each gift:

She’s been having a lot of fun with her new ‘pets’, Cruncher and Screature:

But she also got a couple of ‘educational’ things in the form of a gem dig kit (that she’s had a great time making a mess digging out gems with, and a National Geographic Kids Dino-Pedia.  She was ecstatic with both and especially had fun reading through her new Dino-Pedia:

She also shrieked with delight when she opened her Squinkies Cupcake dispenser:

She thought I was too funny finding a cupcake one, with the theme perfect for her birthday.   I usually shop months in advance (and it’s getting harder to find hiding spots that she won’t stumble across, or that I won’t forget where the stash is), so along with some awesome sales and a couple of coupons, I was able to find the things she’d asked for and not break the bank doing so.  Along with her exclamations of “I love my life!!” was “Best Mom in the world!”

I love my life, too.

For Wordless Wednesday, be sure to visit Wordless Wednesday, 5 minutes for Mom, Go Graham Go, JollyMom and Momspective for more great Wordless Wednesday Posts.

Wordful Wednesday, hosted by Parenting by Dummies – head on over there to check out all the fun wordy posts!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1 Alexis AKA MOM November 17, 2010 at 12:12 am

What an awesome birthday! Mom you rock and I’m loving all the awesome things you made to make the cupcakes special. The boys love Dino’s too. We hit the used book store to buy any dino book we can find the cool ones that aren’t cartoons and ones I like to read first.

her expressions so are awesome!!!

2 XmasDolly November 17, 2010 at 12:44 am

Oh look at her! I hope she saved me one of those cupcakes! ~hehe~ Happy Birthday to your little Diva – great pics, Mom! Just look at those expressions, and a present as big as her! Dinosaurs huh? My grandson Dakota loves Dinosaurs I told him he’s going to turn into a caveman one day! So, glad she had such a great party! You’re such a good mom!

3 Bibi November 17, 2010 at 6:47 am

That is so cute. Love that she decorated her own cupcakes.
Looks like she had an awesome party full of dinos.

Thank you for stopping by and your lovely comment.
Bibi would like you to read…WW – Big Adventures of Little Caitlin – Part 1My Profile

4 flip flops and pearls November 17, 2010 at 7:22 am

Her expression is priceless!!

Glad it was a great time had by all…..

Hope your day is great sweetie!
xo

5 Secret Mom thoughts November 17, 2010 at 7:54 am

Great gifts. I love her expressions.

6 Kyooty November 17, 2010 at 8:09 am

Can I be your child? cause it was my birthday yesterday and wow I want that many gifts… :) hehee I got a nice chocolate covered cheese cake and take out dinner after the boys were in bed, but wow, toys? (making list for 355 days from now)

7 Dina November 17, 2010 at 8:22 am

How much fun is that?! She did a great job on the cupcakes. They are beautiful!

8 Auntie E/Linky November 17, 2010 at 8:45 am

Oh the love of dinosaurs….Looks like she had a lot of fun on her Birthday.
Auntie E/Linky would like you to read…Wordless Wednesday-Rare SightingsMy Profile

9 Boobies November 17, 2010 at 8:57 am

I love life for both of you!!

Those cupcakes look delish!

How very cool that she’s into dinosaurs! She’s going to grow up one very well rounded (and adorable!) girl!

10 pamela ponder November 17, 2010 at 9:28 am

great pictures!!! looks like she had a great birthday and I love the fact she loves dinosaurs!!!

11 Kathy November 17, 2010 at 11:55 am

PN is so cute :) I’m glad she had the perfect birthday!

12 Joanie Mack November 17, 2010 at 12:06 pm

PN is so expressive in the pictures!! Happy Birthday PN!!

13 brian November 17, 2010 at 12:13 pm

heck yeah…dinos rock!

14 carma November 17, 2010 at 1:19 pm

it is good to know a gift is appreciated – and the Princess Nagger sure appreciated those gifts!!!

15 Harriet November 17, 2010 at 10:28 am

At first I was thinking “oh wow- she’s into pink- where are the dinosaurs?”
Then I scrolled… :()

16 Mama Badger November 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm

The face would have been enough for me! So, now you’ve got Dinosaurs attacking your ankles while you make dinner, huh?

17 Kristina P. November 17, 2010 at 11:38 am

She was spoiled dinosaur silly! In a good way.

18 LT November 17, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Looks like it was an awesome birthday! I love the cupcakes with all the dinosaur accents! Happy Birthday Princess!

19 Katherine November 17, 2010 at 3:36 pm

“I love my life,” and “Best Mom in the World” have to be some of the best phrases out of a child’s mouth!

I think it’s great that she’s so into dinosaurs. They really are cool beasts!

20 Debby November 17, 2010 at 4:26 pm

You found some really cute things for her party. I love the decorations on the cupcakes. She sure does love them with all her heart. You can see the excitement when she opened her gifts.

21 @PamelaMKramer - A Renaissance Woman November 17, 2010 at 5:08 pm

My son is very impressed with her Dyno cupcakes!

22 DogsMom November 17, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Dino sprinkles! Just when you think all the cool stuff has been thought of. What a dynorrific party and really cool gifts. I would be right in there prehistoricly playing with her.

23 Anjanette November 17, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I am so loving the dino sprinkles and cupcakes. Our girls are so alike. Our Paleontologist Princesses.

Oh the look on her face, that is awesome.

24 Jessica November 17, 2010 at 6:04 pm

She did a great job on the cupcakes im going to have to look for those sprinkles! My 4 yr old daughter loves Dinosaurs to her favorite show is Dinosaur Train. Im going to be giving away 3d dinosaur puzzles next week on my blog!

25 Faythe November 17, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Those are some cool presents, Princess nagger! Can I come play? I was one of those girls too, that loved Dinos, I think it started with my love for Godzilla.

26 Simone November 17, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Awwww, her face totally lit up! Love to see and hear about kids that have such a passion for things like dinosaurs and don’t go with the typical crowd. Good for you for finding gifts to make her birthday special.

27 Julie From Momspective November 17, 2010 at 6:54 pm

You two are so lucky to have each other.

28 Sharon November 17, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Ohhhhh! My eight year old daughter still loves dinosaurs too! “Cruncher” is on her list….as well as terrordactyl……(screacher she already has but it would never squirt! We exchanged it twice and finally gave up.) Love the dinosaurs picks…..will have to look for them! Happy WW!

29 Aleksandra November 17, 2010 at 7:29 pm

How fun! I love the cupcakes and her pic of her tongue hanging out! Happy birthday to your sweet girl!

30 Jenners November 17, 2010 at 7:41 pm

You did good … really good!! Those photos are priceless! And she is very loyal to her dinosaurs, isn’t she? That is unusual I think … she really is going to be a palentologist; it doesn’t seem to be a passing phase!!!

31 Amy November 17, 2010 at 7:54 pm

So cute! Great pictures! I love that it was a girly dinosaur party!

32 Michele November 17, 2010 at 9:00 pm

I love the looks on her face. Isn’t it great when they find something they really like. My son was all about astronomy for years. Made buying gifts easy for years, also.

33 Olivia November 17, 2010 at 9:29 pm

You ARE a great mom; those cupcakes and gifts are awesome. Thanks for becoming a follower of Of Such is the Kingdom. I’m pretty sure you are my 200th. I know that’s not much in the blogger world, but you made me smile in a big way today! Thanks again!

34 veronica lee November 17, 2010 at 10:04 pm

What an awesome party!! The expression on her face is priceless! Love the pics as always, Stacy!

35 pat.navymom November 17, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Love her themed non-party? Good job.

36 shawntae November 17, 2010 at 11:04 pm

How freaking cute is that!! She loves it. Her faces are priceless!!

Thanks for linking up for WW. :)

37 Lauren November 18, 2010 at 1:42 am

That is so great! I’m glad to hear she’s so avid in her love of dinosaurs. Her cupcakes look yummy, too!

38 Jenna November 18, 2010 at 9:00 am

Love the dino theme, and that she loves them so much with one girly thing thrown in there!! Awesome.

39 Jennifer November 22, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Oh She looked like she had a blast!

{ 1 trackback }