We interrupt our regularly scheduled program…
I’m totally unprepared for Friday’s Fragment because I spent the last two days going cross-eyed with an HTML nightmare. I tend to learn things the hard way, and this is no exception. You’d think I would have been wary of any new comment thingy’s based on the mess that transpired last year with JS-Kits, but no, when readers are complaining that the basic old Blogger comments are giving them headaches, I seek out ways to make their lives easier.
Only to make mine total hell.
My little experiment was an epic fail…so anyone with a Blogger blog that wants to fancy things up a bit in the comment department – just don’t. The Intense Debate comment thingy seemed cool on the outside, but once implemented it was a pain for people to leave comments, and even though I had all moderation functions turned off, many comments were consistently needing to be ‘approved’…and the ‘bulk approval’ system wasn’t working, it required that I go into each comment received by email and reply with ‘approved’ in order for it to show up on the post.
So much time wasted, I have been tweaking and fixing and trying to make it work to no avail, and finally yesterday manually deleted all traces from HTML (since their automatic ‘uninstall’ function doesn’t work worth beans). I also had to make sure I saved all the lovely comments somehow, someway, so as not to look at the posts from the last few days and become depressed by that number zero.
Luckily I stopped short in the frustration mode to not pull my hair out by the roots. And now everything is back to ‘normal’ again. I make a solemn promise to you, my faithful readers, to never mess with the comment thing again.
Since I’m having to skip Friday’s Fragments this week, I decided it would be the perfect time to join in on Happy Hour Friday – after that stressful fiasco, it’s certainly needed!
- I’m happy that NY won the World Series…sure, I live in PA so I should be bummed that Philly didn’t win, but I’m not a baseball fan (yes, I know, I can hear the collective gasps of horror from here!). I’m happy NY won because that means that Otin’s Happy Hour Friday post will be chock full of lots of ‘Happy’ – and it means that his WTF Wednesday post next week won’t be a long one like he threatened the other day. And it means shows I enjoy that were preempted are back again.
- I’m happy that I have very patient readers who put up with my dabbling in the comment thingy – you persevered with your comments in spite of the challenge, and I’m forever grateful.
- I’m happy that Princess Nagger has been moved away from the annoying boy in her class, and now looks forward to going to school each day.
- I’m happy that the plague has finally completely departed, so I finally, after almost a month, feel ‘normal’ again.
- I’m happy that in spite of how cold it’s gotten, the sun has been shining brightly and looks like it may stay that way through the weekend for once.
- I’m happy that people are so forgiving of lack of blog-hopping the last few days from my end – I’ll be catching up sooner than you think!
Don’t forget… I have 2 giveaways going right now and one I’m working on that will be posted either later today or tomorrow morning.
Don’t forget to stop by Otin’s
respective blogs to see who else is playing along with Happy Hour Friday!