I saw this at A Nut in a Nutshell and thought it looked like fun, so I’m playing along today…
First Baby Questions:
Were you married at the time? No (we had been together for 6 years and had originally planned on getting married on our trip to Punta Cana in May of that year, but there were so many hoops to jump through to make sure it was ‘legal’, so we decided to just enjoy our vacation and have a simple ceremony in the Fall, my favorite season. We found out a couple of months later I was pregnant, and decided to wait until after she was born to get married, so there would be no question that we wanted to get married, not that we had to.) 🙂
- What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Really excited! It was a complete surprise.
- How old were you? 39
How did you find out? I had an ultrasound to check out a cyst in my right ovary that was causing some pain…found out the ‘pain’ wasn’t from the cyst at all, I was pregnant!
- Who did you tell first? Our closest friends.
Did you want to find out the sex? Yes…I wanted to buy things specific to the baby since it would most likely be our only one. 🙂
- Due date? Two different doctors speculated – one said November 13, 2002, the other said November 20, 2002. I chose November 13th for my Maternity Leave paperwork (so I could finish getting ready for the imminent arrival, but sided with the doctor that chose November 20th.)
- Did you deliver late or on time? Depends on which doctor you ask – the actual arrival date was November 15.
- Did you have morning sickness? Not at all – which is one of the reasons I had no clue I was actually pregnant.
- What did you crave? Peanut butter sandwiches! LOL!
- Who/what irritated you the most? The baby would get extremely active at night, right around the time I wanted to get to sleep… 🙂
What was your first child’s sex? Girl
- How many pounds did you gain throughout pregnancy? 55
- Did you have any complications during pregnancy? None
- Where did you give birth? York, PA
- How many hours were you in labor? 17 hours
- Who drove you to the hospital? Hubby
- Who watched? Hubby, and one of my best friends, Christy – they actually had to hold my legs because the stirrups were broken in the delivery room…
- Was it natural or c-section? Natural
- Did you take medication to ease the pain? I had a local and eventually an epidural, but it only worked on one side.
- How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs 6 oz.
- Did your child have any complications? No, she was perfect!
- What did you name her? Princess Nagger…oh, wait, that came later… Savannah
- How old is your first born today? She is 6 going on 30… 🙂
I LOVE hearing baby stories so let me know if you post yours on your blog!
(cute pictures compliments of Elizabeth from A Nut in a Nutshell thanks for making the meme oh so cute, Elizabeth!)No tags for this post.